collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What is it the appeals to you about Nirvana ponies?  (Read 3434 times)

Offline Leikin

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • https://www.instagram.com/leikinit/
Re: What is it the appeals to you about Nirvana ponies?
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2020, 03:16:06 PM »
I'm actually more interested in Country Exclusives tbh. Mountain Boys, Tales Ponies, Roller Skaters, German Rainbows, ReUnicorno, Seaside Babies.

I thought Re Unicorno was a Nirvana? :o

He is, he was made in italy.
The others are technically more regional exclusives then country exclusives. Most of them where sold in several European countries.
Wanted: MOC Geman baby Lemon Drop, MIB baby Lemon Drop with purple stroller, MOC Rainbow Confetti, MOC Euro(NSS) Buttons, ,  and UK carded rainbow ponies.
Wishlist: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,391446.0.html
Follow me and my Collection at https://www.instagram.com/leikinit/

Offline NightGliderSA

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2020, 09:38:28 PM »
I love the variations that Nirvanas have on the original theme. Different colours, different poses, different ways of doing their symbols or eyes. I love their individual quirks: all Italians have blue eyes; all S.A. ponies have rooted tails etc.

I'm excited when I get a pony from a new country for the first time and I can sit and see how it differs from the regular releases, even in small ways.

I just love ponies  :)

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2020, 05:10:25 AM »
I'm more into unique or varied enough to be as good as unique Ponies. Nirvana doesn't disappoint there. I have Lambaditsa (see her thread in Pony Corral), & she, Ladybird, & two or three of the Spanish piggy Ponies are unique concepts, while many Argentinian Ponies are so different from their US/UK counterparts they might as well be different Ponies, like rainbow Truly & the one I like to call Southern Star. It's a chance to get a Pony who's different, new to me & has her own history, particularly when you have nearly all the US/UK Ponies there were.
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline flutterscotch

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+24)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2020, 10:49:31 AM »
When I was a kid, I had somehow never seen the advertisements for Ember, so when my babysitter's daughter trotted out this symbol-less baby pony, who was all blue and seemed weird and fake but was entirely legit, I found her so mysterious! Nobody I knew as a kid had her, or even knew she existed beyond that one kid (who also decided to scream at me that it was the first pony *ever* and tried to fight me (actually kicked me) about it when I told her that I was pretty sure that baby ponies were pretty new, so maybe she meant first baby. She was much younger than me so I eventually just let it go.

Nirvanas give me that feeling.  Without the feeling of having to fight with a preschooler.

« Last Edit: March 21, 2020, 10:51:13 AM by flutterscotch »

Offline kingluke

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • The Great King of Lucia
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2020, 06:49:12 AM »
I love the pose and eyes of the piggy ponies. Also it's thrilling to me to own something rarevand wanted.
Lover of Windwhistler

Offline maycrestmom

• Trade Count: (+114)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2020, 03:16:55 PM »
when this stuff happens... so I totally didn't really look too close at my funky brazil bowtie and come to find out it seems this one is an oddball CP head used

I just love all the international quirks like this :-)

oh and like funky italian stamp eyes... just little details that capture that bit of  Hasbro production history

loves me dem green ponies (thank you Lunar!)

Offline flutterscotch

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+24)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2020, 06:26:23 PM »
when this stuff happens... so I totally didn't really look too close at my funky brazil bowtie and come to find out it seems this one is an oddball CP head used

I just love all the international quirks like this :-)

oh and like funky italian stamp eyes... just little details that capture that bit of  Hasbro production history

I'm definitely into that.  I actually like the face when you are looking straight on at the CP ponies more than the Bubbles pose.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal