collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Worlds Apart into a book?  (Read 1153 times)

Offline LunaCat

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
    • Worlds Apart: My Little Pony Tale
Worlds Apart into a book?
« on: January 09, 2020, 09:35:45 PM »
How would you feel about having Worlds Apart turned into a book? I would have to change everything related to hasbro to do it.

For years people have been telling me to publish my story and I never bothered because I have no idea how to start.

Any suggestions or comments could help. :what:

Edit: Nevermind I'll keep the story as it is, on my website. i'll be fixing a few grammar and spelling mistakes instead.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2020, 10:26:20 PM by LunaCat »

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
Re: Worlds Apart into a book?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2020, 10:04:01 PM »
I think you can legally keep the world, it's just the names and possibly descriptions that would need change.
That said, there are a few fanfictions I've seen published on a small scale. Not legal but if it's a small scale project, sometimes Hasbro doesn't care.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Glistening Rainlight

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain Jack Pony
  • Always looking for answers I never find.
    • View Profile
Re: Worlds Apart into a book?
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2020, 10:43:49 AM »
That said, there are a few fanfictions I've seen published on a small scale. Not legal but if it's a small scale project, sometimes Hasbro doesn't care.

I'm going to have to agree with that, unfortunately. Equestria Daily often runs ads for a website that sells physical copies of fanfictions with not just official, but G4 characters which I would expect they'd lock down even harder than the old stuff, and they don't seem to have any repercussions for it. That said, I'd be the last to fault you for wanting to be cautious. I'd probably change the characters myself if I were in that position.

As for how, if you do eventually decide to look into it again, unfortunately I don't have any experience with it myself but I do know that there are lots of self-publishing options out there, services that can help you put your story into a book. I'm sure it's just a matter of finding one you like and trust, and who's terms your agree with.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Persona: Daylight Glisten | Avatar by me, siggy by LunaCat (Thank you! :heart:)
Art Commissions [ CLOSED ] | Wishlist | High-Priority Wishlist

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal