collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Who aint gonna be queen?

Princess Tiffany/Pearl
1 (4.2%)
Princess Sparkle/Amethyst
1 (4.2%)
Princess Starburst/Amber
7 (29.2%)
Princess Primrose/Ruby
5 (20.8%)
Princess Serena/Aquamarine
6 (25%)
Princsss Royal Blue/Sapphire
4 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Author Topic: Underrated Princess Ponies pt. One?  (Read 1030 times)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Underrated Princess Ponies pt. One?
« on: January 07, 2020, 12:29:29 PM »
Hopefully I got the UK/Euro names right? Probably Primrose/Ruby. I don't have her, but I think she's very very pretty. She seems to get overshadowed by some of the other lovely ladies of this set.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Re: Underrated Princess Ponies pt. One?
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2020, 12:50:36 PM »
Hopefully I got the UK/Euro names right? Probably Primrose/Ruby. I don't have her, but I think she's very very pretty. She seems to get overshadowed by some of the other lovely ladies of this set.

You got them perfectly, my dear, and much appreciated xD.

I feel like Amber is probably my answer, but in reality that's because I think Sapphire and Aquamarine are also somewhat underappreciated but they were childhood ponies for me so they played a big part in my childhood. Ruby is a candidate too but she was a childhood pony of a friend so almost my childhood pony too. Amber is the one I think of last, so Amber is my vote.

The favourites often seem to be Pearl and Amethyst.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Wind~Whistler

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • You got a twinkle in your eyes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2020, 12:55:41 PM »
Is it just me, or do the UK/Euro names fit them better than “Tiffany”, “Sparkle”, etc.?

My vote has to go to Aquamarine/Serena. She’s beautiful, but Sparkle/Amethyst and Tiffany/Pearl always seem to get the spotlight (case in point, “The Quest of the Princess Ponies” had Tiffany as main character, while Sparkle appears too often on retro merch compared to the others!)

Actually, ALL of them except those two are VERY underappreciated!
AKA Wind~Whistler on the TP 

http://www.ponylandtours.com
Thanks to Philly for my avi!

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2020, 01:00:44 PM »
I also like the jewel names better than the  US ones. :D

I will also say Princess Starburst/Princess Amber. She was on my wishlist but I never realized how pretty she was until I saw her in her person.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2020, 01:07:07 PM »
Is it just me, or do the UK/Euro names fit them better than “Tiffany”, “Sparkle”, etc.?

They do, but I am very biased, because I grew up with those names and also their unique individual personalities rather than the mob of unruly cheerleaders they were in the cartoon series. Pearl had wishing pearls, Sapphire was the wise one, Aquamarine the scatterbrain/dreamer, Amethyst the clumsy one who always tried to help but usually made it worse. Amber was the can-do pony, except whenever she said something was not a problem, it ended up being a problem. And Ruby was restless and finicky, which meant the baby ponies sometimes played tricks on her.

Again in that sense I feel like Amber got a less distinct trait than the others. I remember stories with Pearl's wishing and painting, Aquamarine chasing clouds, Ruby being pranked with squeaking biscuits before a banquet...Sapphire doing moon magic on a diving board to make it a helterskelter (not really sure why off hand now) and Amethyst accidentally moving some guard flowers to a new location, and the chaos it caused trying to put them back in place before it started some kind of conflict...

I can't remember a story about Amber except her saying 'that's no problem!" in a cheerful tone like, all the time.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline caseysealia

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2020, 01:13:13 PM »
Serena is among my favorite ponies ever, and being as I feel alone in that aspect, I chose her!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2020, 04:51:33 PM »

They do, but I am very biased, because I grew up with those names and also their unique individual personalities rather than the mob of unruly cheerleaders they were in the cartoon series. Pearl had wishing pearls, Sapphire was the wise one, Aquamarine the scatterbrain/dreamer, Amethyst the clumsy one who always tried to help but usually made it worse. Amber was the can-do pony, except whenever she said something was not a problem, it ended up being a problem. And Ruby was restless and finicky, which meant the baby ponies sometimes played tricks on her.

Again in that sense I feel like Amber got a less distinct trait than the others. I remember stories with Pearl's wishing and painting, Aquamarine chasing clouds, Ruby being pranked with squeaking biscuits before a banquet...Sapphire doing moon magic on a diving board to make it a helterskelter (not really sure why off hand now) and Amethyst accidentally moving some guard flowers to a new location, and the chaos it caused trying to put them back in place before it started some kind of conflict...

I can't remember a story about Amber except her saying 'that's no problem!" in a cheerful tone like, all the time.

Unruly cheerleaders! :rofl: I love Starburst/Amber tbh. The yellow and lavender is just such a soothing color scheme. It reminds me of these little tiny yellow and purple flowers we get every spring. Love her star shaped medallion, and her pose.

« Last Edit: January 07, 2020, 04:54:00 PM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline kingluke

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • The Great King of Lucia
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2020, 07:35:51 AM »
I voted princess royal blue. She is my current princess grail. I also think she has the best singing voice in the show.
Lover of Windwhistler

Offline Broken Irishwoman

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Revelation 13:16-13:18
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2020, 02:10:48 PM »
Starburst/Amber. She's very pretty (and high on my wishlist), but it's always Tiffany that people talk about, and Sparkle is featured on a lot of merchandise. The others are mentioned quite a lot too. And I think Primrose is quite ugly, so I'll probably never label her as underrated. :P

He knows that they're the fool...

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2020, 02:29:19 PM »
Starburst/Amber. She's very pretty (and high on my wishlist), but it's always Tiffany that people talk about, and Sparkle is featured on a lot of merchandise. The others are mentioned quite a lot too. And I think Primrose is quite ugly, so I'll probably never label her as underrated. :P

Happy Birthday, Broken Irishwoman!
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Broken Irishwoman

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Revelation 13:16-13:18
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2020, 05:40:02 AM »
Thank you! :D