collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: UK/Europe peeps; Recommend me a beach for holidays!  (Read 941 times)

Offline Lady Frostbite

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Absolutely Abbeylicious!
    • View Profile
UK/Europe peeps; Recommend me a beach for holidays!
« on: January 20, 2020, 01:49:12 PM »
**Cross-posted with another forum**

I didn't get much in terms of holidays last year, and this year I NEED to go to the beach! I need to paddle in water! Get sand in my luggage for weeks! Problem? I've not been to many beach holidays in my life, and I need recommendations.

Where am I leaving from? Scotland

Can I drive? Heck nope

What's your budget? Three buttons and maybe a peanut

What beaches have you been to? Rimini, Italy aaaand that's about it, really

What do you need? BEACH

Seriously, do you need nightlife or anything?: No. I need a beach I can use and not look stupid using.

What ratings are you looking at? 4-5 star, 4-5 levels of recommendations

What counties have you looked at so far? Spain, Bulgaria, Turkey, Tunisia

Any countries you don't want to go to? I was looking at Tunisia as the beaches look great, but the Home Office travel warnings are scary. I'd prefer not to go to Greece for personal reasons.

Travelling alone? Yes, I like setting my own pace and wandering into weird shops at my own time

RECOMMEND AWAY!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Signature image artwork done by the talented Starscout!
MLP Gameloft game friend code : 29c831

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
Re: UK/Europe peeps; Recommend me a beach for holidays!
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2020, 12:43:03 AM »
Maybe go and camp on Raasay?  You get the coach to Portree then the ferry over from Sconser. The only downside is the midges,  so avoid the times of the year when the midges are biting most, or take loads of midge repellent. The only shop on the island is the post office, but the hotel bar is nice and the distillery is fun.

Or if you like somewhere with shops maybe try Cromer or Sheringham :)

https://arailwayrunsthroughit.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/eastanglianow.jpg
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal