collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Crystal Creatures anyone?  (Read 20944 times)

Offline Dreamer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Crystal Creatures anyone?
« Reply #60 on: February 24, 2020, 06:59:18 AM »
Dropping by to say, thank you very much for the codes! Finally I have Charcolt... he's my favourite of the bunch, because he reminds me of Robot Unicorn Attack (the Heavy Metal version!)

Spoiler
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Went looking for Crystal Creatures to see if I could get a hold of NightWing, but they already replaced them all with Season 2 CC  :huh: I didn't expect them to come by so soon! I'd love to see owner pics of Fairya (the green dragon). If she's traslucent as some pics around this thread showed, I'm all for it!

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 24, 2020, 09:58:14 AM »
Oooo I'm jealous of people finding CC Series 2 in stores! And yes Charcolt is like one of the best, lol.
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline wystearya

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 25, 2020, 05:59:06 AM »
I haven't found series 2 CC yet either.  I may call that store.today though!

I'd love pictures if anyone has them.

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #63 on: February 29, 2020, 03:03:50 PM »
Well I got my 2 from series 1 today and I got to say I'm not happy about the slime...
 I got RubyWing but right now it's sitting in a tub of soapy water till I can clean off each piece... I haven't even opened the 2nd one because I'm trying to figure out how to without getting slime everywhere
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline wystearya

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 01, 2020, 02:27:19 PM »
What I did was have a sieve (with tiny holes) and put the parts in it.  Once I dug out all the parts I used warm water to rinse the parts in the sieve.  It worked for me.

I will say that the breakout beasts I got had better, less gooey, slime.  I am *hoping* the new CC series will have the better slime.  Series one is awful gloopy!

Offline Dreamer

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 01, 2020, 10:14:49 PM »
As far as I know, the golden/silver slime is the worst, the sticky kind. Other slimes have had more consistency and thus more manageable. I tend to dig it up from holes using a toothpick or even the BB/CC's unicorn horns

Offline Dragonflitter

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 03, 2020, 02:17:21 PM »
Yeah when I picked up the series 1 CC's, I definitely noticed the difference in the silver/gold slime and the translucent purple slime. Sigh. Either way, it's all such a pain.

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 11, 2020, 08:22:09 AM »
So anyone have Aquagem from S1?
I noticed mine out of the slime had it's mane/tail/forelock in an opaque color but after a few days those pieces are partly now transparent. Are those pieces for her supposed to be like that and were they only opaque due to the slime?

Offline Dreamer

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 11, 2020, 08:35:36 AM »
So anyone have Aquagem from S1?
I noticed mine out of the slime had it's mane/tail/forelock in an opaque color but after a few days those pieces are partly now transparent. Are those pieces for her supposed to be like that and were they only opaque due to the slime?

My Aquagem's mane/tail is also traslucent, with white and blue "bits" into the plastic. A bit uneven in my case, but it'll do.

Offline wystearya

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 12, 2020, 04:01:08 PM »
I'll be calling my store again tomorrow.   I really hope to find series 2 soon!

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 12, 2020, 05:11:20 PM »
Good luck Wystearya
I still want a few but the slime is icky lol, shame I can't hunt for them XD

Offline wystearya

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 14, 2020, 03:14:54 PM »
Sadly, they don't have them yet.  I'll keep checking!

Offline PrincessTiffy

• Trade Count: (+233)
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 11, 2020, 06:20:09 PM »
I just came across this thread! Me and my son love these. He got one for his birthday two years ago and when I found out they had the crystal creatures with Unicorns and Pegasus I was sold. I have never seen the crystal creatures in stores, except for when Costco had the three packs at Christmas time last year. Breakout beasts are pretty easy to find, but crystal creatures are online only near me as well. When I saw Justice had series two on sale I decided to take a chance and ordered four, then the next week they went on an even better sale and ordered eight. Only got four copies by looking at the codes out of twelve. Haven’t opened all of them yet, only four, but I’m loving the new cat and dragon molds!

The slime has been a better consistency, the metallic ones in the older ones are definitely worse, but I also think it has to do with how they are stored. Had a series one frostwhite that came from Arizona and the slime was horribly sticky, the worst yet, even her wings were stained from the gold antlers. My sons frostwhite, the slime was fine. He had a series two breakout beasts with orange slime that was terrible, but the other two from that wave were fine.

And since the stores near me are getting series four of the breakout beasts and have never seen crystal creatures in stores I also order series three so I have some to do while my son has his lol.

I’ll try and post pictures of the series two I opened and when I get series three. I haven’t posted pictures on here in forever so hopefully I can figure out how lol.

Post Merge: August 11, 2020, 06:41:36 PM

« Last Edit: August 11, 2020, 06:41:37 PM by PrincessTiffy »

Offline Dragonflitter

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 15, 2020, 10:08:54 AM »
Oh wow, those are beautiful! Thank you for the pics!

I've been keeping an eye out in stores around me but, like you, I've never seen the CC's in stores except when my own bookstore sold a box of the Series 1 (and I bought the whole box because I'm obsessive LOL). I hoped buying the whole box at once would make them restock quickly, but nope. My store never got another box. :(

I didn't want to buy online, but it looks like I might have to if I ever want any Series 2. You mentioned the place you buy them has a sale going on? What is the website and how much do you save? Do you just get sent a random egg, so there's no way to tell what you're going to get before you buy?

I might just buy them on ebay... seems like that's the only way I would be sure to get the one I want, unless I can look at them in person in a store to check the code.... sigh. Plus there's shipping to factor in as well, and they're already $10 each so they're expensive for a single toy. I wish they were in stores!

Offline PrincessTiffy

• Trade Count: (+233)
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 15, 2020, 01:18:24 PM »
Oh wow, those are beautiful! Thank you for the pics!

I've been keeping an eye out in stores around me but, like you, I've never seen the CC's in stores except when my own bookstore sold a box of the Series 1 (and I bought the whole box because I'm obsessive LOL). I hoped buying the whole box at once would make them restock quickly, but nope. My store never got another box. :(

I didn't want to buy online, but it looks like I might have to if I ever want any Series 2. You mentioned the place you buy them has a sale going on? What is the website and how much do you save? Do you just get sent a random egg, so there's no way to tell what you're going to get before you buy?

I might just buy them on ebay... seems like that's the only way I would be sure to get the one I want, unless I can look at them in person in a store to check the code.... sigh. Plus there's shipping to factor in as well, and they're already $10 each so they're expensive for a single toy. I wish they were in stores!

Your very welcome!

I know, it’s really weird that their not distributed as much as the breakout beasts. I know some people have found them at Kroger’s and Walgreens. But that seems to only be in the Midwest and East Coast. I don’t have Kroger’s where I live, but have their other company chains and nothing.

Breakout beasts on the other hand I find at Target, Barnes and Nobles, and Albertsons.

I don’t like buying online either, but I saved up and bit the bullet. Seen a couple on eBay and Mercari. Amazon which has them at retail price of $9.99
I ended up getting my series two from a store called Justice, it’s a girls clothing store, actually use to be called Limited Too and I shopped  there as a preteen lol. They had them, looks like their out of stock now. They were $12.99, went on sale for $9.71 and got free shipping. Not much different than Amazon but I’ll take any savings I can get.  Then they went on sale for $7.77 and got free shipping. And yes all random.

The series three I ordered from ToyWiz, also on Walmart through them. On their actual site they had two listings one at $11.99 and one at $12.99. Now looks like it’s just the $12.99 listing. Signing up for their emails gets a coupon code for 5% off. Also get sent coupons, just got another one this week.

Hope this helps. My series three should be here soon and will post some more pics :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal