collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Magic Glowing/Glow N’ Show Coral Hair Starglow  (Read 2542 times)

Offline KittyPinkDreams

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
Magic Glowing/Glow N’ Show Coral Hair Starglow
« on: January 05, 2020, 12:56:33 AM »
I wanted to share my recent and first 2020 pony! I received her off eBay from a original owner, from Glasgow, Scotland UK. I am the sec person in the past month who received a coral hair Starglow who originated in the UK. Noasar on here or little_starglow on Instagram also received a coral Hair version originating from the UK just a couple weeks ago!

There has been assumptions the Coral Hair variation was sold in America but from this I believe she was a UK version. Just like there is a Dazzleglow variation that was from Spain.

If you have a coral hair variation where did yours come from?

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

« Last Edit: January 05, 2020, 12:58:12 AM by KittyPinkDreams »

Offline Trinity

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Also known as Elfwink.
    • View Profile
    • Elfwink's Pixels
Re: Magic Glowing/Glow N’ Show Coral Hair Starglow
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2020, 03:42:55 AM »
She is lovely! Congratulations.
:rainbow: also known as Elfwink | pixel art!

Never play leapfrog with a unicorn!

Offline Safflower

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Whatever shall I put here? (she/her)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2020, 08:21:37 AM »
Wow, she's gorgeous! Congrats on owning a rare (? variant? what have you, she's special ;)) pony!

I think I like her better than the original :lookround:

。.:☆*:・~celestial ponies are best ponies~・:*☆:.
~thanks to the wonderful Griffin for my sig!~

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2020, 09:08:37 AM »
:dropjaw: I am insanely jealous! Congratulations on your stunning girl! :frolic: :lovey:
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Noasar

• Armour Plated Pony
  • Trade Count: (+34)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Little Starglow Ponies
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2020, 12:02:39 PM »
I’ve been on the lookout for this pony for so long, with no real hope of being able to find her or afford her when I took a gamble on a very poorly photographed/described lot on eBay...and when the seller sent this photo of everything just before she shipped, I was so happy!

So that’s two coral haired Starglows from the U.K. in one month! What are the chances?!
« Last Edit: January 05, 2020, 12:04:27 PM by Noasar »

Offline Babydoll

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • ★ Instagram Babydoll84uk (Pics of my collection) ★
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2020, 12:16:38 PM »
Wow she’s gorgeous! 😍 Many years ago I found a Coral haired Brightglow in a U.K. lot, I sold her on eBay and the buyer who won her said she had been rehaired. I then found another Coral haired Brightglow a few years later from the U.K. in a different lot but made me weary incase she was rehaired too. Will be following this post so interesting!

Babydoll~
« Last Edit: January 05, 2020, 12:37:41 PM by Babydoll »

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2020, 12:24:54 PM »
I think the idea she comes from the US is my fault. I had mine from there about ten years ago and at that time there wasn't any discussion about her (there still isn't really much, I don't think she's even on the wiki).

I also saw the auction for one recently with coral hair in the UK - maybe the one you bought, KittyPinkDreams! - and that surprised me since I have previously ONLY seen pink ones here, and only seen coral in the US. Not that I have seen many corals, period. She seems much harder to find than blue heart daz who gets much more hype.

The problem with these sets is that there are so many variations that it's hard to geographically link them.

My sister had Starglow new as a kid and I've had enough Starglows from the UK (all pink, mostly with varying stages of rough/coarser hair) to know that magenta is normal here. Because mine came from a childhood collection in the US, she's *not* a UK variant, but the ones showing up in the UK suggest she's also not a US variant.

I did so much checking on mine when I got her to make sure she wasn't a reroot because there were just no pictures of her online at the time.

This is a geek note based on what I've seen with some of the other sets from this year but because our distribution was a bit delayed after the US one, sometimes the multiple versions show up more often in the US and sometimes they also show up in the UK. Like fading pink hair or not on ponies like that teeny tiny baby - I've seen her MOC with fading pink hair on UK card but my childhood one is the non-fading version.

It's possible that Starglow in coral and yellow was a batch that began in the US and then ended over here. It's more common for the silky haired ponies to originate in the US, but by no means a hard and fast rule.

In any case, coral is a stunning variation.

I'm really happy to see a couple of others show up at last though :D Congrats to you both on your new ponies :D

Edit to add: I have amended the information on my site to note that some haved now been found in the UK, but according to my notes I did have an image of her mint on the US card, which was the reason I assumed it was a US variation like blue heart Daz. I have looked though and I cannot find this image right now. I will keep looking xD.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2020, 12:53:25 PM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline KittyPinkDreams

• Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2020, 04:07:15 PM »
Wow she’s gorgeous! 😍 Many years ago I found a Coral haired Brightglow in a U.K. lot, I sold her on eBay and the buyer who won her said she had been rehaired. I then found another Coral haired Brightglow a few years later from the U.K. in a different lot but made me weary incase she was rehaired too. Will be following this post so interesting!

Babydoll~

That is So awesome! I seen a couple of her around. One day Ill find a coral hair Brightglow! I love how these ponies just have so much variations. Do you have any glow n shows?

Post Merge: January 06, 2020, 04:20:47 PM

I think the idea she comes from the US is my fault. I had mine from there about ten years ago and at that time there wasn't any discussion about her (there still isn't really much, I don't think she's even on the wiki).

I also saw the auction for one recently with coral hair in the UK - maybe the one you bought, KittyPinkDreams! - and that surprised me since I have previously ONLY seen pink ones here, and only seen coral in the US. Not that I have seen many corals, period. She seems much harder to find than blue heart daz who gets much more hype.

The problem with these sets is that there are so many variations that it's hard to geographically link them.

My sister had Starglow new as a kid and I've had enough Starglows from the UK (all pink, mostly with varying stages of rough/coarser hair) to know that magenta is normal here. Because mine came from a childhood collection in the US, she's *not* a UK variant, but the ones showing up in the UK suggest she's also not a US variant.

I did so much checking on mine when I got her to make sure she wasn't a reroot because there were just no pictures of her online at the time.

This is a geek note based on what I've seen with some of the other sets from this year but because our distribution was a bit delayed after the US one, sometimes the multiple versions show up more often in the US and sometimes they also show up in the UK. Like fading pink hair or not on ponies like that teeny tiny baby - I've seen her MOC with fading pink hair on UK card but my childhood one is the non-fading version.

It's possible that Starglow in coral and yellow was a batch that began in the US and then ended over here. It's more common for the silky haired ponies to originate in the US, but by no means a hard and fast rule.

In any case, coral is a stunning variation.

I'm really happy to see a couple of others show up at last though :D Congrats to you both on your new ponies :D

Edit to add: I have amended the information on my site to note that some haved now been found in the UK, but according to my notes I did have an image of her mint on the US card, which was the reason I assumed it was a US variation like blue heart Daz. I have looked though and I cannot find this image right now. I will keep looking xD.

These variations are harder to come by. That may have been the one you seen up on UK eBay. I just happen to really be watching all the sales off eBays for glow n shows. I have a addiction and obsession with them, especially Starglows, she is my 13th.

There isn’t much on this coral Starglow. I was talking to another one who has a coral hair and she is pretty sure she got hers in the UK also. So for you to have seen and have a photo of the coral hair MOC. Now Im super curious to see 😍 That is super interesting and makes it really question ‘What is the story to the Coral girls?’

I bought a Starglow almost a year ago who came from the Netherlands and her yellow is really course and rough. Think it maybe the one above with the Coral Hair. But She came with the orange butterfly brush. So IDK if she just bought them separately or what. I could ask her. Maybe I will! Lol My super blue Starglow came from Vancouver, BC Canada and her hair is breaking, her tail is thinned out. The magenta is fragile! But the hair still nice and not becoming frizzy. Ill have to share a pic of her go you also!

As for variations all together it is so interesting to still be discovering such things. I enjoy it very much!

Post Merge: January 06, 2020, 04:23:20 PM

She is lovely! Congratulations.

Thank you, I hope more pop up for others!

Post Merge: January 06, 2020, 04:24:13 PM

Wow, she's gorgeous! Congrats on owning a rare (? variant? what have you, she's special ;)) pony!

I think I like her better than the original :lookround:

Thank you, she is rare find. I think I love both myself lol

Post Merge: January 06, 2020, 04:26:25 PM

:dropjaw: I am insanely jealous! Congratulations on your stunning girl! :frolic: :lovey:

I felt like that also when I seen the first two! I just keep on my hunting and with the looking daily, it happened. I wasn't expecting to find her so fast. Only a couples months of always looking on eBay!

Post Merge: January 06, 2020, 04:30:36 PM

I’ve been on the lookout for this pony for so long, with no real hope of being able to find her or afford her when I took a gamble on a very poorly photographed/described lot on eBay...and when the seller sent this photo of everything just before she shipped, I was so happy!

So that’s two coral haired Starglows from the U.K. in one month! What are the chances?!

Right? I never thought I would find her either! But eh look at us rocking our new Coral hair Starglows. I am over the moon happy with mine! Good looking and finding on yours! Did you also search eBay on a daily bases? I did lol I was also surprised to at her price. It was a good deal for how rare she is. Thought the mom had no idea that she was a variation. I keep my mouth shut. Lol congrats to us ❤️
« Last Edit: January 06, 2020, 04:30:36 PM by KittyPinkDreams »

Offline Thunderwing

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+171)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/springwater_valley/home.html
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2020, 06:47:57 PM »
Very nice!  I love that soft orange color, it matches her overall color scheme much better than the darker pink.

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2020, 02:57:33 AM »
I can't find the MOC image at the moment so until that can be verified it's depending only on what I wrote in my notes. Without a picture, it shouldn't be taken as gospel what kind of packaging she came in at this point, and even if I do find the picture, it doesn't rule out her existing in other packaging as well.

All I did manage to discover so far is that I had a photo of her on my old pre 2006 website as well, so that means I had her longer than 10 years. I don't know if that's helpful, but at the time I had her originally she wasn't known about in either the US or the UK. I think I must have tracked down the MOC to prove she wasn't a reroot, but unless I can find the image of it, I'm not able to be helpful.

I think at the moment it's safer to think of her as a pony that was scattered across the globe but is distinctly less common than her magenta/yellow counterpart. She has never had as much attention as blue heart Dazzleglow, but she ought to have, since she's rarer. 

The rough yellow in the hair is like my sister's, which she had from new. That's quite normal for the UK though. I've seen many like that here and that rough hair is used across many sets in that year as well.

All the variations on this set are awesome, it's a shame that the price of the ponies has gone up over the years because it makes tracking them down more prohibitive. But I have to admit the coral Starglow is probably my favourite version. Wherever she originally came from.

Also I wonder if you started a discussion thread in the Corral on this more people might post about their ponies. It seems kind of wrong to be having a variant discussion in your brag thread, but I don't want to steal your thunder xD.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2020, 03:10:49 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline KittyPinkDreams

• Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2020, 12:56:49 PM »
I can't find the MOC image at the moment so until that can be verified it's depending only on what I wrote in my notes. Without a picture, it shouldn't be taken as gospel what kind of packaging she came in at this point, and even if I do find the picture, it doesn't rule out her existing in other packaging as well.

All I did manage to discover so far is that I had a photo of her on my old pre 2006 website as well, so that means I had her longer than 10 years. I don't know if that's helpful, but at the time I had her originally she wasn't known about in either the US or the UK. I think I must have tracked down the MOC to prove she wasn't a reroot, but unless I can find the image of it, I'm not able to be helpful.

I think at the moment it's safer to think of her as a pony that was scattered across the globe but is distinctly less common than her magenta/yellow counterpart. She has never had as much attention as blue heart Dazzleglow, but she ought to have, since she's rarer. 

The rough yellow in the hair is like my sister's, which she had from new. That's quite normal for the UK though. I've seen many like that here and that rough hair is used across many sets in that year as well.

All the variations on this set are awesome, it's a shame that the price of the ponies has gone up over the years because it makes tracking them down more prohibitive. But I have to admit the coral Starglow is probably my favourite version. Wherever she originally came from.

Also I wonder if you started a discussion thread in the Corral on this more people might post about their ponies. It seems kind of wrong to be having a variant discussion in your brag thread, but I don't want to steal your thunder xD.

Either way I do believe you on the photo! Just be neat to see! As for where she all began who knows. Could be possible they ran out of magenta color hair. Or were going to do it then decided not too.

These days the attention I believe is a lot on Starglow! Dazzleglow you don’t see many of her aka blue hearts variation. But no ine seems to have stsrted anything really. I just have noticed since My army growing of her!

I think I just have the one with the frizzy yellow hair. Id have to look closer! I can’t keep ip as they are stored. Living in a pull trailer as can’t find a house that was dog friendly for a collie at a affordable price. Everything is going up. Also be my fault that Starglow has gone up as I have the army. There is also some else who has I think 9. The variation I can understand they could go for more. But either way nothing is cheap anymore!

I can always go to another place to start a discussion, see if we get any other responses. Also many had no idea there is variations. They aren’t much talked about at all! .

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2020, 01:02:13 PM »
I am just happy to know other people here have Corals now because I thought I was going mad with mine, every time I mentioned it it'd be (blank face).

And you have no idea how much I would love this to be a UK pony but sadly mine came from the US :(

It would be cool to see if there are others out there. I figure if you have 13 and this is your first (?) coral then it shows how rare she is. All the Starglows around on sale and most of the pictures online (except one other which I think is in the US, no idea about her origin though) are magentas too. It must literally be one batch I think, maybe a few thousand in total.

I would love to have every glowing magic variant (at least the major ones, not just on heart and star placements xD) but no space. I just have the two Starglows but I can access my sister's as well (the main one on my site). If you post a thread I'll try and photo mine so you can see where they fit in your spectrum.

I think there is a bluer one than my US magenta one, but against my coral she looks super blue.

I love non-Nirvana variants way too much!

I will keep looking for the MOC pic as well. It may be on my old hard drive.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2020, 02:00:16 PM »
What a cutie!
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Noasar

• Armour Plated Pony
  • Trade Count: (+34)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Little Starglow Ponies
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2020, 03:46:16 PM »
I’ll start a thread in the Corral to carry this on as I’ve just photographed all my variants too...

Offline pawpatrolbab

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Power Puff Pony
  • Never be afraid to be yourself
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2020, 05:15:40 PM »
Oh my goodness she's lovely. I really love all the little sparkles in the mold
🌈Wordpress Blog: https://natescoloringbook.wordpress.com/
✨Tumblr Blog: https://crayoncritter.tumblr.com/
I don't have much of a collection anymore due to immigrating but I hope to bring my trade score up so I can participate in the future! Always open and looking to make friends with fellow adults 💙 Please don't hesitate to shoot me a message!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal