collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Spreading the word about HQG1C?  (Read 28895 times)

Offline Wysteria

• MOC Crazy!
  • Trade Count: (+118)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Katz Pony Shop
    • View Profile
    • http://www.katzponyshop.ecrater.com/
Re: Spreading the word about HQG1C?
« Reply #105 on: January 10, 2020, 10:44:45 AM »
I think Celebration's (seemingly) alcohol theme of symbol turns people off.

I never thought of his body marking as alcohol related (maybe because I don't drink alcohol myself) just celebatory drink. I love his body marking! I think he's the perfect New Year's party pony ^.^

This exactly! You'll notice we didn't fill the glasses on purpose, it was left to be interpreted how ever you like, but I understand some have issues with drinking. I don't drink either but I fill glasses like that with sparkling grape juice to celebrate.

Ok hopefully I finally found an image host that'll work here. Ever since photobucket stopped being free to share with I've been technically challenged with how to post photos here. Sadly instagram and Facebook are just far more phone user friendly since I'm rarely ever on my laptop unless I'm processing orders. And thank you everyone who's ordered so far! My code NEWYEAR50 will take 50% off until Jan 31st:)

Someone asked what "B Grade" meant, they're ponies for non picky collectors who can look past a few more flaws than the regular ones. They're great to give to kids to play with or still look lovely on display and are usually discounted. They could have rubs, minor marks, bent legs or horns or fixable issues;)

Thanks for sharing the photos Teddy! They look great:D Here's one of my favorites:) The date nights really light up a room!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline wystearya

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 10, 2020, 12:39:38 PM »
I want to say that I like the white kitty.  I personally like the other Lil Litters cats better, but it's cute to see!  (I am assuming the white kitty was from a Lil Litters mold.)

I wish I still had my old siamese one.  It was deflocked (I had it as a child) and would be great bait for mold making.

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 10, 2020, 02:47:20 PM »
You guys are making my poor empty wallet cry :silly: Next paycheck, Prettybow will be mine!

(...and Star Spangled... and the Artistry Girls... and...)

(I like Celebration's symbol, btw. :3)

Offline shabbychicdee

• Trade Count: (+85)
  • MOC Mimic
  • professional thrifter and treasure hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 10, 2020, 03:42:30 PM »
You guys are making my poor empty wallet cry :silly: Next paycheck, Prettybow will be mine!

(...and Star Spangled... and the Artistry Girls... and...)

(I like Celebration's symbol, btw. :3)
i know right  :lol:

seeking retro MLP and Care Bear tin lunch boxes
wanted list
for trade

Offline cyberunicorn

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • show the wind how to fly
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 10, 2020, 10:19:42 PM »
I have to agree these ponies and totally amazing when you see them in real life just stunning. I live in the uk so cannot buy when they individually come out because of the shipping (unless there is a bundle i really cannot resist 😊) So wait till there are a few i want then buy All together.

There is usually some sort of sale or offer on to help with the cost effectiveness of it all.

Like others i have bought the ones that appeal to me just as i do with the original ponies. I have just got a box of them and am waiting for one more then will try and get some pictures once we have had a spar day with everyone.

But i must say star spangled  and britannia (only sea pony i have ever wanted to buy) are stunners but i do wish that more of the molds were made of the white blanks with hair i sort of fell in love with these ❤️ My only regret was i missed the dragon.

Though honestly i think this project is the only thing keeping me in ponies at the moment so in my opinion worth it. Daniel and the others work so hard with it and deserve support.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2020, 10:22:05 PM by cyberunicorn »

Offline shabbychicdee

• Trade Count: (+85)
  • MOC Mimic
  • professional thrifter and treasure hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 10, 2020, 10:25:52 PM »
My only regret was i missed the dragon.

Though honestly i think this project is the only thing keeping me in ponies at the moment so in my opinion worth it. Daniel and the others work so hard with it and deserve support.

agree with all of this. :biggrin:

any chance of dragons coming back and white hairless blanks?

seeking retro MLP and Care Bear tin lunch boxes
wanted list
for trade

Offline wystearya

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 11, 2020, 01:28:37 PM »
I can hardly believe how quickly she arrived, my Artistry girl is here today!

I love her, the face is so pretty!  The hair, especially the mane, did need some work.  It's not yet 100% dry, but the sun is getting low so I got a few pictures.

I have always loved the petite size of the Flutter style ponies.

She will be beautiful on display!

A couple of flaws:
(Not enough for me to be unhappy, but I wanted to share them openly.)

Some kind of red/brown mark in the symbol area.  I think I can carefully remove this in time.  I just didn't feel like messing with it today.

This one I am glad isn't on the display side.  I don't know if this is a thin spot in the plastic, or ink or what.  But it doesn't look like it can be removed.
Like I said, it's not on the display side, and the tail can easily hide this 'beauty mark'.  But I did want to show this.
The way they are packaged with the tail between the legs, no one would have noticed this unless they took it out of the bag.  I am not blaming anyone!

I do love her though.  I am probably going to work one more time on the mane hair.  It is soft!  Just messy. 
A word of WARNING to those wanting to use a hair straightener on these:  It can MELT the hair!  I tested a tiny bit and it immediately melted!  My hair straightener only goes to 310 degrees at the lowest.  After unplugging it and allowing it to cool I was able to use it.  But I wasn't going for stick straight hair, just less curly.  I didn't take a lot of time, as we were about to get dinner.  I'll take more time with her tomorrow.

I probably made things sound worse than they are.  I don't mean to!  She is beautiful!  I love having a new G1 style pony!  I am also looking forward to seeing the True Blue (nylon hair type) I ordered from Clipper.  <3

Once I get her hair the way I want I will post a couple of updated pictures.  These were just quick pics. 

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 11, 2020, 05:41:02 PM »
Oh wystearya, she's beautiful!

Offline Wysteria

• MOC Crazy!
  • Trade Count: (+118)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Katz Pony Shop
    • View Profile
    • http://www.katzponyshop.ecrater.com/
« Reply #113 on: January 12, 2020, 09:24:42 AM »
Wystearya, glad you're happy with your first HQ Pony and wow that did get there fast! Sorry I missed that one on her symbol, hopefully it'll come off. Unfortunately like you said some minor flaws are just impossible to see. When I quality control I'm mainly making sure they can stand, and eyes and symbols aren't majorly blemished. Sometimes that safety writing and the hair make things hard to see:( She still is beautiful. You should see the ones that don't make it out the door!

As for the hair, yes be careful with the curly hair. Its Polypropylene not nylon. Nylon has a much higher heat rating. The PP is best straightened with running really hot water or you must spritz the hair with water before using your straightener;) There's a YouTube doll artist that explains alot about different hair types, you should check out this video:) If you look in her other videos she tours a hair factory in china and shares how dolls are rooted/ how hair is made. Our ponies are haired with those same machines, its really neat to watch!

What's Your Doll's Hair Type?
https://youtu.be/A2jLLMVQLp8

Offline wystearya

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 12, 2020, 09:40:01 AM »
Thank you! 

I do really love her!  I am not even sure I will do anything else to her hair.  It dried nicely and it's very soft.  <3

I will watch that video though, always good to learn how to care for them properly!

Edited to add:

See how nice her hair dried?  I'm liking it as it is for now.  :)

Offline maycrestmom

• Trade Count: (+114)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 12, 2020, 11:03:12 AM »
yep :-) totally  love the artistry girl set :-) think most of all is that they are inspired by G1 but not ever really made - so I like the take away from the flutter pony body but the totally pony design :-)

and... if I had to offer up what is probably already in the works = I would love to see

alicorn inspired designs :-)

here are two poses (probably more) if they needed some fraken-pony ideas I would love to see

loves me dem green ponies (thank you Lunar!)

Offline otocolobus_manul

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Hope shines eternal
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 12, 2020, 11:09:26 AM »
Unfortunately i’m back at college now so I can’t take individual shots, but here’s a group photo I got before I left! Not pictured are Baby Star and Jolly Treats, who are currently waiting to have their hair styled.
looking for this Calico Critters/Sylvanian Families coat rack!
New sales/trade thread: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,378291.0.html
Wishlist: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,360893.msg1319821.html#msg1319821

Offline maycrestmom

• Trade Count: (+114)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 12, 2020, 11:26:23 AM »
sweet HQG1C herd :-) !! loves me dem green ponies :-)

loves me dem green ponies (thank you Lunar!)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 12, 2020, 11:33:39 AM »
I think Celebration's (seemingly) alcohol theme of symbol turns people off.

what the?? only for the under age and people who are against alcohol  :lol: that was the reason i got him LOL :P

Post Merge: January 09, 2020, 06:01:41 PM

adding to the customs lost ponies. sorry i have to vent about that one, that is as dodgy as heck  :enraged:  talk about the "it fell of a back of a truck" quote for dodgy stolen goods. maybe that shop deals with some of that. i hope it was insured, it would have a been a crim working at the post or customs.  :mad:

There's a booze pony?    :lol:
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #119 on: January 12, 2020, 12:17:02 PM »
Not really, more like a New Year's pony.  He has two champagne glasses for his symbol because that's what people clink together on New Years.  It's not like he has a six-pack of beer as his symbol (or is named Applejack, ha ha) or something.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal