collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Spreading the word about HQG1C?  (Read 28528 times)

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Spreading the word about HQG1C?
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2020, 10:24:56 AM »
HQG1C is making a few new con exclusives for the San Antonio fair.  There are 2 sets of teeny tiny twins and the as yet unrevealed con mascot.  While of course proceeds of those go to the con, I think having them available there will really help to spread the word of the wider HQG1C releases! 

Plus those twins are ADORABLE.  I've already bought my sets!

Offline otocolobus_manul

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Hope shines eternal
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2020, 01:02:51 PM »
I haven't seen the video, is the project in trouble? What did it say?

I have a handful of HQG1C ponies and they're all absolutely beautiful. My only thing is that while I'd love to support the project and buy more, the ponies are very expensive. I 100% understand why but it makes it hard to buy them just to be supportive. I have to really love them and unfortunately not all of the ponies appeal to me.

It said that as of right now, the project can't sustain itself, and until old stock goes out and more money comes in, releases are going to slow down drastically - only 2 new characters that aren't con/meetup exclusives are going to be made this year, and I may have understood this wrong, but from what I got, he said that HQG1C might be limited to con/meetup exclusives in the future if sales don't pick up again.

And I agree - the high costs (which definitely aren't the people behind the project's fault, they're just facts of mass production at a relatively very small scale) make it so you have to really, really want a pony to buy it. (I kind of want that galactic family, but not enough to justify dropping $100 on them.) I'm not saying people should spend money for the sheer sake of spending money, but rather people should try to get the word out more so that people who are unfamiliar with the project may see things they want and buy them.

Mainly I'm just asking if anyone has any ideas for how to raise awareness about the project, lol. I suppose I wasn't very clear about that in my initial post.

Post Merge: January 06, 2020, 01:05:15 PM

HQG1C is making a few new con exclusives for the San Antonio fair.  There are 2 sets of teeny tiny twins and the as yet unrevealed con mascot.  While of course proceeds of those go to the con, I think having them available there will really help to spread the word of the wider HQG1C releases! 

Plus those twins are ADORABLE.  I've already bought my sets!

I've seen them! I desperately want both pairs - hopefully they'll still be in stock around Valentines. I'm also looking forward to that meetup in general since I'd actually be able to attend (though visiting San Antonio in June is going to be like walking on the sun, lol) and I so hope they get funded. And yeah, hopefully those being available to a wider audience will get the word out more.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2020, 01:05:15 PM by otocolobus_manul »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
looking for this Calico Critters/Sylvanian Families coat rack!
New sales/trade thread: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,378291.0.html
Wishlist: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,360893.msg1319821.html#msg1319821

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2020, 01:22:15 PM »
I'd like the con twins, but I haven't been able to figure out how to get them :s Are they available to everyone or just con attendees?

(That's another thing about HQG1C, it can be difficult to find info about them. All the info tends to be scattered across various sites, it'd be nice if it was all in one place or something.)

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2020, 01:33:25 PM »
I think HQGIC is hard to remember and not instantly recognized as pony related.  It makes it harder to advertise or google.  Maybe have a webpage and a more pony tagline will help with HQGIC being the brand name and something with "My Little Pony" wording covering the toys. 
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline Shadowperla

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Secret Surprise Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2020, 02:14:34 PM »
And I agree - the high costs (which definitely aren't the people behind the project's fault, they're just facts of mass production at a relatively very small scale) make it so you have to really, really want a pony to buy it. (I kind of want that galactic family, but not enough to justify dropping $100 on them.)

Why not cheapen material a bit, on blanks, atleast?

I never bought any, in parts cause EU shipping costs...but it would get sad seeing no more(

Also, they probably do not advertise a lot because Hasbro may sue.

Offline wystearya

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2020, 02:59:32 PM »
I had honestly forgotten about this.  I think I saw the first release and then I wasn't actively collecting MLP anymore.

That said, there are one or two I would buy.  I will consider this next payday.  :)

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2020, 03:02:31 PM »

I was always wondering about this. How "legal" are the HQG1Cs? Since I know they got actual pony designers and artists from way back on board.
Hasbro is generally a little more chill about these things. Just look at all the people who sold FiM plushies. But HQG1Cs are basically recasts. I would hate it if Hasbro shut them down.

Offline wystearya

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2020, 03:04:34 PM »
How about some personal reviews?  Or a YouTube video showing the quality?  These may help people know what they are and get some more interest.

Post Merge: January 06, 2020, 03:05:56 PM

I was always wondering about this. How "legal" are the HQG1Cs? Since I know they got actual pony designers and artists from way back on board.
Hasbro is generally a little more chill about these things. Just look at all the people who sold FiM plushies. But HQG1Cs are basically recasts. I would hate it if Hasbro shut them down.

Oh.  I was under the impression that Hasbro sold the molds and was ok with this.  Is that not the case?

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2020, 03:10:36 PM »
Yeah, I think they're called HQG1C for a reason. Hasbro would probably kick up more of a fuss if they actually used the "My Little Pony" name.

Offline otocolobus_manul

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Hope shines eternal
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2020, 04:36:10 PM »
Oof, I'd forgotten about the legality aspect. Hasbro doesn't go after fakie producers who use the same mold, and HQG1C are essentially high quality fakies. Would they be ok if they just didn't use the MLP brand name?
looking for this Calico Critters/Sylvanian Families coat rack!
New sales/trade thread: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,378291.0.html
Wishlist: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,360893.msg1319821.html#msg1319821

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2020, 04:46:34 PM »
I have a couple and they are really cute- I'm not the greatest at taking pictures

Offline wystearya

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2020, 04:59:37 PM »
To people who have one, is the hair soft?  How does it compare to G1 hair?  Also, are the necks glued?

Does anyone know if Hasbro sold the molds? 

I am interested, but I think I need to know more.

Thanks!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2020, 05:18:31 PM »
To people who have one, is the hair soft?  How does it compare to G1 hair?  Also, are the necks glued?

Thanks!

The hair is soft and silky and shiny. They aren't called High Quality G1 Customs for nothing. :)
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Minty_Magic

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2020, 05:24:49 PM »
I’m so sad to hear the project isn’t doing quite as well as hoped! I’ll try and spotlight the ones I have on my Instagram, hopefully it will help people see the quality!

I guess I will say I don’t mind a year with fewer releases. In truth I’ve really fallen behind with the collection! I try to buy whenever I have extra money but I felt like last year it was really hard to keep up with all the releases! Hopefully people are just in the same boat as me and stock will start to move! :)

Thanks!

The ones I have overall have excellent hair quality! I will say I’ve had a few releases (namely the artistry girls, the valentines girls, and Dasher) who’s hair was really frizzy and hard to tame. The most recent releases have had really soft and easy to style hair though! In comparison to G1s I’d say it’s just as soft, but maybe not quite the same volume or bounce, if that makes sense?

The necks are not glued on, which I generally prefer!

To my knowledge Hasbro did not sell any molds to the project? I always thought the molds were cast from bait G1s, but I could be wrong on that!

Thank you to Squarepeg for my avatar!

Offline wystearya

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2020, 05:32:18 PM »

Thanks!

The ones I have overall have excellent hair quality! I will say I’ve had a few releases (namely the artistry girls, the valentines girls, and Dasher) who’s hair was really frizzy and hard to tame. The most recent releases have had really soft and easy to style hair though! In comparison to G1s I’d say it’s just as soft, but maybe not quite the same volume or bounce, if that makes sense?

The necks are not glued on, which I generally prefer!

To my knowledge Hasbro did not sell any molds to the project? I always thought the molds were cast from bait G1s, but I could be wrong on that!

Sad about the Artistry girls hair though, as that is the one I am most interested in. 

I am glad for no neck glue though.  Makes slight adjustments possible. 

Hmm, gonna think on this a bit more.

Thank you for the answers!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal