collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Are ANY G3s worth anything / found my lost suitcase!  (Read 929 times)

Offline Purple_Frances

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
Are ANY G3s worth anything / found my lost suitcase!
« on: January 04, 2020, 05:52:48 AM »
Hi everyone,

It's been a long time! Errrrrrrrrr six years apparently. How did that happen?

First of all, huge apologies if this question has been asked a zillion times in the interim. It's been a bisy few years and I have baby twins (!!!) so I'm writing this in their nap!

We just moved and I'm getting the ponies (and She-Ra, and Sailor Moon, and one or two Pokemon items that have crept in, ahem) on display. I have loads of MIP G3s, mainly Friendship Ball and Butterfly Island and I just don't have space for them. I am quite happy to bung them all on EBay as a job lot but I was just wondering if any of them are actually worth anything... my little cousins always want to come round and open them.... I was thinking about just giving them to them as a gift! Are any G3s worth anything...?

Also, years ago, (so long its in the pre-2012 archive I can't find the post) I posted about suitcase I thought I'd lost in a move with a load of my childhood G1s in (including Hopsotch in my Avatar). Guess what my parents turned up with a load of my stuff when we moved and... THE PONIES WERE IN THERE!!! It's exactly 10 years since I saw them. I can't imagine any of you remember this, but I thought it was worth sharing.

I also have a load of those G3s with the Ombre legs (you know what I mean) are they of interest to anyone?

Thanks so much

Frances
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The only way to atone for being occasionally a little overdressed is by being always absolutely over-educated.- Oscar Wilde

Offline Shaiyeh

• Trade Count: (+78)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • Watch my Youtube!
Re: Are ANY G3s worth anything / found my lost suitcase!
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2020, 11:40:14 AM »

What ones do you have? Especially MIBs. I want to say please don't open, but they're your ponies and it's your choice ofc! But some g3s are indeed worth something, so it might be worth checking before opening everything (or even gifting).

Sincerely, MIB (and out of package) g3 collector ;) (and yes - I love the ombre ponies xD )

But please, do post what you have and we can give a clearer answer of what you have is worth selling! :)

Congrats on your babies! :hug: and a huge YAY for your childhood ponies turning up! :D

Thanks izard for my super cute ava and Starscout for my wonderful siggie!

Offline Purple_Frances

• Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2020, 05:40:38 AM »
Hi! Here we are. Have a peek. Worth noting....

Anyone interested in these or shall I put on eBay as a big lot/give some to my nieces? The G2 playset has everything except Princess Morning Glory (hahahaha) the cafe is missing a couple of bits of cake and has been on display, and one box is missing a baby pony. Have a look, thoughts welcome...

Includes the (IIRC) 2008 UK PonyCon exclusive
Target Exclusive Doseydotes I got at PonyCon 2004
Chocolate Chipper I bought in NYC
Some boxes are pretty battered from moving over the years
X-posted to one UK MLP selling forum

Oh God I can't remember how to host an image soooooooooo here's the post on my FB!

HERE: https://www.facebook.com/frances.robinson.758/posts/10103492249037100

« Last Edit: January 16, 2020, 07:46:05 AM by Purple_Frances »

The only way to atone for being occasionally a little overdressed is by being always absolutely over-educated.- Oscar Wilde

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2020, 09:26:54 AM »
Seaspray sold mib on eBay recently for $40 with free shipping.

The G2s will certainly find buyers.

Looks like Tea Leaf is worth $15-20
« Last Edit: January 16, 2020, 09:32:37 AM by Sunset »

Offline Purple_Frances

• Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2020, 12:21:04 PM »
Thanks so much! That's super helpful :D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal