collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Would you buy...?  (Read 703 times)

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Would you buy...?
« on: January 10, 2020, 06:06:20 PM »
So I’ve been thinking of doing some creative stuff to sell at my booth at the new convention in Texas this summer.  Traditionally, I’m a painter so I could definitely whip out a painting or two.  But I know that people tend to only have so much space on their walls.  So I’ve also been thinking of sewing my own pony themed tote bags.

So here are my questions:

How likely would you be to buy either a painting or a tote bag?  Both?  Neither?

How much would you expect to spend on something like that?

What ponies would you want featured?

And just to have a picture in here, this is the sling bag I made a while back.  I don’t think I’m likely to make sling bags to sell, they are pretty labor intensive.  But would people be interested in buying tote bags with this aesthetic?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline shabbychicdee

• Trade Count: (+85)
  • MOC Mimic
  • professional thrifter and treasure hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Would you buy...?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2020, 11:31:09 PM »
hi i would love to see your paintings. with the other I don't know if i would be much help as im a different currency (and wage conversion) to your country  so that part would be hard to comprehend but i love that sling bag and if i had the money you are asking i would throw it at you :D
as with pony, personly skydancer, glory any earlier ones but i would be happy with any G! character

seeking retro MLP and Care Bear tin lunch boxes
wanted list
for trade

Offline Minty_Magic

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: Would you buy...?
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2020, 12:57:43 AM »
Oh that bag is cute! I would definitely consider buying something similar. Especially at a convention, I bet it would be helpful in hauling other treasures around. ;) I think you could easily charge $60ish for a tote bag like that? Maybe a little more depending on how long they take to make? I’m never great at pricing, but I would find that pretty fair! :)

As far as paintings, because I have 0 wall space left I probably wouldn’t be in the market for any art, but I’m sure there would be some interest!

I haven’t decided if I’m going to a pony con yet this year, but I’m really really thinking about it. The new Texas one looks fun, so I might be there!

Thank you to Squarepeg for my avatar!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal