Pony Talk > Toy Box & Games Cupboard

Grand Champions Fantasy RED Horse? W/Pic Not Realistic?

(1/3) > >>

WingsOfMasquerade:
I was under the impression that Grand Champions only did realistic horses...
I didn't think they had any fantasy at all, so that's why I didn't pay as much attention to them. I would buy them at a flea or garage sale to customize if they were cheap and in bad shape, but I've never run across something like this before.

Mare-ey Cherry (I already named her)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

This really, not-kidding, bright red horse. As far as I know no horse can be this red color. The hair is the exact color of 'red hair people' hair (my dad had that color) which CAN happen on real horses, but on them from a distance it looks more brown till you get really close. It looks a bit too orangey for that in the photos but in person, it's there. There's clearly the GC gold mark on there, it's a known pose for their horses and the eye type is the same too. It also has the print in the leg.
So why's it red?
Are there other fantasy colors that I can't seem to find photos of online?
A really good knockoff?

I thought this was interesting to see, whatever she turns out to be.

BubbleTea:
That's Duchess, the Dutch Warmblood mare from the 1998 set of horses.

She is widely considered by collectors to be one of the ugliest horses to have come from the grand champions line. She is the queen of everything neon, lurid, and evil.

Here's what one GC fan website has to say about her:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

(sorry about the picture's unfortunate size, you may have to click on it in order to be actually able to read it.)  >_<

BlackCurtains:
Aw, I feel sorry for her :P (ps. I like Shady too)

Leave a Whisper:
That's the Warmblood Duchess. She's not a fantasy horse, just, they colored her wonky. Both she and her stallion who is a very strange pinkish chestnut? Roan? Whatever, are not exactly loved in the GC community.

And yes, horses can be very red or even orange-red. I've not seen Duchess in person so I can't say what she actually looks like.

Galactica:
LOL  she wouldn't be so ugly if they didn't pair that bright lurid red with the orange mane/tail?  No self respecting fantasy horse would do that  :lol:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version