collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Greatest Pony find?  (Read 3613 times)

Offline caseysealia

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
Greatest Pony find?
« on: January 01, 2020, 01:33:33 PM »
 Whether it be a great eBay deal or rummage find, whats your most successful find?

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Greatest Pony find?
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2020, 02:04:39 PM »
My greatest find was a local childhood lot from Craigslist. A number of ponies including a Nightglider and a Mimic!

I made a video after getting home with them. https://youtu.be/aRXueGFlrH0

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2020, 02:18:41 PM »
In terms of as a collector, it happened in Summer 1998, when the local collector by us sold up for personal family reasons. She and her mother had 600+ ponies and we not only encountered them at the carboot sale but also went to their place after, then ended up acquiring other bits and pieces over later weeks after a dealer picked the rest up in a job lot.

£10 box of accessories including a lot of ponywear, 6 dragons, several wands and hats and big brother accessories.

Ponies for £1 each or 50p each including 5 windy wings, all of the mountain boys, sweetie babies, jewellery babies, surprise newborns, some italian ponies...some macau ponies...a few US releases like Night Glider and Sand Dollar...let's just say at the time I was 16 and my sister was 11 and it occupied a fair amount of our allowances for that summer month.

My personal favourite acquisition though was Baby Gusty. I so wanted her for such a long time. And I thought I'd missed the chance when she wasn't at their original stall or at their house, but then when the dealer had them on sale, there she was, inside the show stable. I've never had a double. That set of early babies are so lovely :D

It also resulted in many really good trades.

In terms of my own nostalgia, it was finding Glory and Moondancer (albeit tailless!) at a UK carboot sale because the UK didn't get them and I had about given up on them existing. Suddenly one morning THERE THEY WERE right there in front of me. TOGETHER on a table. 50p each. And I still love them to bits even though they needed donor tails and are far from mint, because they were such special characters to me as a kid <3

I also picked up Mimic at that carboot sale once, and Baby Leaper and Diamond Dreams, also german Himmelstanzer. Dunno how all of them got to the UK.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2020, 02:53:53 PM »
G2 Hip Holly in a BIN listing on eBay for $12.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Ragamuffin

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2020, 03:34:30 PM »
MIB Kimono for a penny on eBay... :P

Maybe not very impressive, but I'm not one to go out to Goodwill to pony-hunt, and I never buy lots...

Offline Shaz

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2020, 01:25:34 AM »
That time I got the Lullaby Nursery and most of its accessories from the local charity shop....for free!! They had decided not to sell it because it wasn't in perfect condition (I think charity shops have to adhere to some quite strict Health & Safety rules these days, you really don't see so many dirty or damaged toys as you used to years ago), so they just chucked it in the skip!! We asked if we could have it and they said yes! We did make a donation to the shop, but the Nursery was basically free and saved from a landfill, so a good day's work :).

The same charity shop also provided us with Baby Sunset for 50p!

Offline kingluke

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • The Great King of Lucia
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2020, 04:04:05 AM »
My greatest find was either my mountain boy sunburst I got for under 40 dollars, my baby sapphire I got for slightly over 50 euro's and/or the surprise twin mommy pony I won the other day for 33 dollars. My personal favourite is my italian seashell, who I found tailless and with chopped hair on a thrift hunt. She was the first g1 pony ever for me.
Lover of Windwhistler

Offline CloudyGlow

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2020, 05:54:54 AM »
Best find ever, probably impossible to top, was when I got Baby Gametime from a yard sale. I bought some other ponies and went to pay when I spotted her. I grabbed her and asked how much and the owner said I could have her with the other ponies. So technically I got Baby Gametime for free! And the icing on the cake was that this is the pony that says "Happy Birthday" on it and it was my actual birthday that very day!

Offline Wind~Whistler

• Brush N Grow Pony
  • You got a twinkle in your eyes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2020, 09:08:25 AM »
My most recent find was the unscented Retro Y2 Rainbow gift set for about $14 on eBay! Shipping bumped it up to $26, but that was still quite cheap considering how much the unscented set went for last year  >_<
My favorite story though was the gallon bags full of ponies from the flea market, each was $5. From those bags, some of the ponies I’ve gotten were:
-Almost full set of Inspirational Words Core 7 ponies.
-Tex with hat
-Little Flitter
-Starflower
-Kingsley
-Princess Tiffany/Pearl
-Close to complete Y2 Unicorn set!
-FS Applejack with some of her accessories!

And last but not least, the 2003 Winter ponies MIB for $10!
AKA Wind~Whistler on the TP 

http://www.ponylandtours.com
Thanks to Philly for my avi!

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2020, 12:30:08 PM »
Oh geez, let's see...

The innumerable Summer/Windy wings I got from the flea market for $.50 each (Cool Breeze, yay!)
Free Lavender Dream Castle from a coworker - it had most of the pieces (probably the best find in my pony hunting career) 
Dream Beauty for $1
A nursery, about 20 ponies, and a porcelain for about $30
French Moondancer for $80
A full set of Mommy Charms and their advert poster $65?
Pink Sprinkles for ~$5 in a lot of other nice ponies
$5 Red Roses BIN
The 3 Japanese cellphone charm rainbow babies for $5 each loose
Complete set of really nice Birthflower ponies for $6 each

Offline caseysealia

• Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2020, 12:56:14 PM »
Everyone has had sm luck!!!!  I think my most luck was Tux n Tails BIN on ebay this past summer for $13, Nightglider BIN lot on ebay with Tip Toes (who had her tutu!) and various others for $14, I've gotten two Flower Fantasys for under $30, and My Pretty Pony from a thrift shop!!

Post Merge: January 02, 2020, 12:57:12 PM

MIB Kimono for a penny on eBay... :P

Maybe not very impressive, but I'm not one to go out to Goodwill to pony-hunt, and I never buy lots...
That's really impressive considering its cheaper than thrift store prices!! Kimono isn't as cheap MIB any more so definitely impressive

Post Merge: January 02, 2020, 12:58:30 PM

My most recent find was the unscented Retro Y2 Rainbow gift set for about $14 on eBay! Shipping bumped it up to $26, but that was still quite cheap considering how much the unscented set went for last year  >_<
My favorite story though was the gallon bags full of ponies from the flea market, each was $5. From those bags, some of the ponies I’ve gotten were:
-Almost full set of Inspirational Words Core 7 ponies.
-Tex with hat
-Little Flitter
-Starflower
-Kingsley
-Princess Tiffany/Pearl
-Close to complete Y2 Unicorn set!
-FS Applejack with some of her accessories!

And last but not least, the 2003 Winter ponies MIB for $10!
I remember you got that set!! Still searching myself for that!! $10 for the early winter gals?? Oh my goshh
« Last Edit: January 02, 2020, 01:01:15 PM by caseysealia »

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2020, 02:39:31 PM »
South African Sunlight in a lot I bought for £10 and Princess Royal Blue with glow in the dark hair for £2, both on eBay.

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline Loona

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2020, 02:42:02 PM »
Based on value, my luckiest finds were the ones listed below. I found them all separately, and if converted, their prices were $1-1.5 each. They were all found in the wild, in second-hand shops, charity shops or flea markets.
- Mountain Boy Lightning
- Macau Lemon Drop (in a lot)
- Nurse Tenderheart
- 3 Alt. Birthflower ponies
My personal favourite out of these is MB Lightning. He was my first boy pony, and I longed to have a "pony with hairy legs" (not sure I realised the gender difference) ever since I was little ^^ Lemon Drop is a close second, as her colour combo is my absolute favourite.

(Although based on the title and the first post I believe value should be considered, but if we disregard value and only consider personal preference, I think Baby Sea Pony Sea Star - pictured in my avatar - for about a dollar is my personal favourite, because I love Sea Ponies, and yeah, favourite colour combo :3 It's a shame I no longer remember when and how I got her, there is a chance she came in the same lot as Macau Lemon Drop)

My lovely awareness adoptable was created by HollowZero.

Offline Squirtsquirt

• Trade Count: (+235)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2020, 08:47:11 AM »
I found a bunch of the G1 mail order ponies at a flea market and the guy sold them to me for a dollar each.  They were his girlfriend's, but he just wanted to get rid of things and go home!  I know Satin 'n Lace (don't remember which version), pink sprinkles, majesty, tux 'n tails...a couple of the other mail order variants.  That was a pretty good haul. :)
Thanks to Whippetluv for my awsome persona pony!!

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dragon with the heart of a guinea pig
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2020, 09:10:03 AM »
I think mine was a Build a Bear Celestia at a Good Will

Many thanks to FairieFalls for my sig image and many thanks to Shaiyeh for my avatar :art:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal