collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: How to value a Paradise estate playset?  (Read 1029 times)

Offline LightingElectricDream

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Collecting Since 2002 -
    • View Profile
How to value a Paradise estate playset?
« on: January 01, 2020, 09:42:22 AM »
Would someone be able to give me an accurate value of the paradise estate play set?
I found one in my local area for $200. It is 99% complete looks brand new and never played with. Not yellowed still with box. Box is a little rough but not send breach or torn up. I am trying to get a accurate value on what I have. Unfortunately I cannot post pictures as I cannot figure out how to post pictures anymore on the arena since you have to pay for an account on Photobucket correct?

Would you guys please be able to give me an estimate? And also give me examples of what makes quality go up and down? Was $200 in amazing shape no damage accessories Steel?
:accomplished:

Offline SaraMari

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: How to value a Paradise estate playset?
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2020, 10:30:04 AM »
It's a normal price not a steal per se
you can see what paradise estate goes for with a simple eBay search and toggling on the "sold" filter
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=my+little+pony+paradise+estate&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&_sop=10&rt=nc&LH_Sold=1&LH_Complete=1

There was one sold on Dec 9 with box nearly complete for 250$ with free shipping, tho it seems yellowed
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: :heart: https://www.instagram.com/moonglowdreams  :heart: :heart:

Offline Squirtsquirt

• Trade Count: (+235)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2020, 07:33:59 AM »
No discoloration and with the tiny pieces that get lost easily, I'd say $200 is a good deal. Having the box is helpful, depending on what you like in your collection.

What I wonder, though,  is what people mean by "almost" complete, or some random high number. If something is missing, say so! I hate trying to figure out why it's not 100% complete. I got mine back in the day, but it was a display and missing a room! How, I have no idea. BUT I did have all the kitchen utensils and tiny pieces. I was able to replace the room, but I know a lot of people complain they can't find the silverware, etc. So, depending on what is missing, you may or may not be able to replace it and have a 100% complete set.
Thanks to Whippetluv for my awsome persona pony!!

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2020, 09:21:26 AM »
I'd definitely visit wiki to make sure all the parts are there... the cost of missing pieces adds up over time. If it really is what is says it is then $200 is a very fair price.

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline ValeofSpring

• Trade Count: (+90)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2020, 07:23:12 PM »
Hi! Congrats on your find! I sold mine in December on eBay as a Best Offer for $265 (I think) plus shipping. It was 100% complete and in nearly like new condition w/ a fairly tattered box. I had it up for $299 for about a week. Like most things it depends on who is looking. I think $200 for 99% complete is a fair price though I agree with SaraMai not a steal. The utensils and combs are tiny and can be kind of a bear to get but I don't think they are as expensive as they used to be (that is a loose opinion based on very limited observations). Quality of the set goes up and down based on completeness yet but also color as this set was often left out in a playroom for ages (due to size) and got yellowed.
Looking for CF Minty, excellent condition! (and maybe Snuzzle and Blue Belle)

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2020, 08:19:36 PM »
Shipping is sooo expensive for this playset (usually about $100), so take that into consideration when considering local offers. You can save a lot of money by picking one up locally, versus having it shipped.

$200 seems about normal to me, if it has most of the accessories.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2020, 08:21:13 PM by LadyMoondancer »
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Nella

• Trade Count: (+126)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2020, 12:21:51 AM »
If you're looking to complete the set: I have a lot of accessories for sale at the moment in my salesthread ;).

The price, well. For incomplete and pickup it seems a good price. When it is in great condition and complete I think it might be worth considerably more depending on who is looking. Shipping is a thing yes, but if split in separate packages it is doable. I've shipped one to Australia once and it arrived safely :D.
Link to my salesthread: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,377651.0.html.

Link to my thread with available FTB's: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,394652.0.html.

No pony will be left behind! Please come check for the pony's in need of some TLC over here: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,397984.0.html.

Offline milkywaymochi

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2020, 03:03:43 AM »
I can't really say how much the paradise estate is worth, but if you want to post pictures, a Flickr account is free for the first thousand photos.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal