collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The 2010s Were Best Decade of My Life (YouTube)  (Read 1877 times)

Offline MJNSEIFER

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Brony For All Ponies
    • View Profile
The 2010s Were Best Decade of My Life (YouTube)
« on: December 31, 2019, 02:16:48 AM »
Hey, ponyfriends!  I've uploaded a video on YouTube where I celebrate the 2010s as we prepare to say good by to them, as it has been my favorite decade so far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P17s-tr3Ky0

I'm sorry if this sounds pushy, but if you have a YouTube account, and wish to comment, please do so on the video (I'm happy to receive comments either way.)  Also, if you are able to, please share this video - I don't normally ask, but as the 2010s mean so much to me, I'd like this video to be seen by as many people as possible.

I will confess to being a brony, but I assure you that the things you may not like about them do not apply to me, I mostly keep the fandom name due to nostaligia, but I do genuinely love MLP as a whole, not just FIM, and not just the popularity of FIM - I genuinely love the show (and all the others)

Offline Satin Slipper

• Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
Re: The 2010s Were Best Decade of My Life (YouTube)
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2020, 09:04:58 PM »
There was s problem with the server so the video didnt load for me...

Otherwise I would have watched, commented, etc. 
*Frolicking Away*

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2020, 09:33:26 PM »
As the 2010’s were the decade I really grew up in as a person, I agree with the video. It seems well done! Hopefully the 20’s will be just as great!
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

Offline SpacePinto

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2020, 05:40:14 PM »
I liked 2000s much better.
Inka Dinka Doo
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2020, 06:48:47 PM »
Between 2006-2015 was a good time in my life. I had a job in a charity shop for some of it, travelled a lot, as well as abroad, had recently (2005) reignited my Pony love, followed my fave form of music & was mostly accepted despite taking children's toys to loud boom-fests.

Unfortunately the boom-fests got - shall we say - infected with intolerance & drama, so I had to let them go. The charity shop moved premises so I could no longer be on time to open it, therefore I had to give it up. And my passport just ran out. Still love Ponies like mad obviously, but I no longer listen to music, except as a film or show soundtrack.

I'm sure there are things we all have to celebrate in our lives at some parts, & wish had never happened in others...

Feller, good on you for finding something to celebrate xxx
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline caseysealia

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2020, 07:48:28 PM »

Offline MJNSEIFER

• Scribbles Pony
  • Brony For All Ponies
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2020, 02:07:26 PM »
Sorry for the late comments - I appreciate the feedback on this video a lot.  :)

There was s problem with the server so the video didnt load for me...

Otherwise I would have watched, commented, etc. 
Understandable, but thanks for the sentiment.  Sorry it didn't work, would you like me to try again?

As the 2010’s were the decade I really grew up in as a person, I agree with the video. It seems well done! Hopefully the 20’s will be just as great!
Thanks, I'm pleased you liked the video, and yes, I hope the 2020s will be great too!

I liked 2000s much better.
This
Understandable.  The 2000s were indeed awesome, though it took me looking back on them to realize this (as I think I touched upon in the video) and I totally respect if you enjoyed them better.  :)

Between 2006-2015 was a good time in my life. I had a job in a charity shop for some of it, travelled a lot, as well as abroad, had recently (2005) reignited my Pony love, followed my fave form of music & was mostly accepted despite taking children's toys to loud boom-fests.

Unfortunately the boom-fests got - shall we say - infected with intolerance & drama, so I had to let them go. The charity shop moved premises so I could no longer be on time to open it, therefore I had to give it up. And my passport just ran out. Still love Ponies like mad obviously, but I no longer listen to music, except as a film or show soundtrack.

I'm sure there are things we all have to celebrate in our lives at some parts, & wish had never happened in others...

Feller, good on you for finding something to celebrate xxx
Thanks for sharing - I'm afraid I don't know anything about boom fests, but it's nice to hear your experience.  I am sorry to hear about it having to end the way it did, you are so right about the different parts in our lives.  Thank you.  :)

Thank you to all who responded, and I hope my replies were okay.  I appreciate it from all of you - sorry for being late.  :)
I will confess to being a brony, but I assure you that the things you may not like about them do not apply to me, I mostly keep the fandom name due to nostaligia, but I do genuinely love MLP as a whole, not just FIM, and not just the popularity of FIM - I genuinely love the show (and all the others)

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2020, 08:04:24 PM »
These things happen mate. I was very active in the community of these "boom-fests" on both FB & forums, & met a lot of folks that way. hardly hear from any of them now, but it's better that way I think. i say "boom-fests" as the music featured very prominent kick drums!!! A part of me still likes the music, but not what's become of its community. The whole thing ended up giving me more stress than it was meant to relieve in the first place, so was no longer worth it. But hey, I lived during that time & it was fun while it lasted.

Cheers you, you have a good heart
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2020, 08:50:06 PM »
Even though I was already an adult in the 2010s, I went through so much personal growth during that decade (and the last half of the 2000s).  Looking back, it's amazing.

Great video!
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline MJNSEIFER

• Scribbles Pony
  • Brony For All Ponies
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2020, 05:06:53 AM »
These things happen mate. I was very active in the community of these "boom-fests" on both FB & forums, & met a lot of folks that way. hardly hear from any of them now, but it's better that way I think. i say "boom-fests" as the music featured very prominent kick drums!!! A part of me still likes the music, but not what's become of its community. The whole thing ended up giving me more stress than it was meant to relieve in the first place, so was no longer worth it. But hey, I lived during that time & it was fun while it lasted.

Cheers you, you have a good heart
Thanks, and you're welcome.  :)  I understand what you are saying completely, and am glad that you enjoyed them while they were enjoyable to you, and that you have the memories of that time.  :)

Even though I was already an adult in the 2010s, I went through so much personal growth during that decade (and the last half of the 2000s).  Looking back, it's amazing.

Great video!
I'm pleased to hear that and hope things continue to go good for you.  :)  Thanks, I'm happy you like the video.  :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal