collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Do YOU have a favorite backcard story? (G1)  (Read 1829 times)

Offline Twizel

• Switchblade Kitten
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • This crown gives me a feeling of power! POWER!
    • View Profile
Do YOU have a favorite backcard story? (G1)
« on: December 27, 2019, 07:02:38 AM »
My childhood pony was found at a school-run garage sale, so I never had any backcards, and only discovered them as an adult. My favorite pony is Star Hopper, but my favorite pony story is...

Starshine! I find her story very cute, and my inner child needs a t-shirt that says "Send me on a secret rainbow journey!"

Do any backcard stories stand out for you guys?

Starshine
On a cool rainy morning Starshine was ready for excitement. "I want to have some fun today!" she shouted to the dark giant rain clouds. Stamping her hoof impatiently on the ground, she pleaded, "Send me on a secret rainbow journey!" The clouds opened and a multi-colored beam of light swooped down to lift her up into the sky! Traveling in the beautiful light, Starshine's rainbow-colored hair stretched out behind her like the tail of a shooting star. The light carried her on a special adventure to a land of enchantment and magic! "Hi, Ho my brightly colored beauty!" shouted the Milky Way. Starshine winked at a comet and laughed with the man in the moon. By evening she was home again. "This has been a very exciting day indeed!" she thought as she gazed up at the sky. Twinkling down the stars whispered, "Come back again, Starshine!"
« Last Edit: December 28, 2019, 06:31:50 AM by Twizel »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Do YOU have a favorite backcard story? (G1)
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2019, 07:20:22 AM »
I love backcard stories threads. :D

Some of the most notable ones for me are G1 Moondancer's. Seashell and Bubbles US backcard stories

from the wiki

Moondancer

Moondancer was sleeping peacefully. Awakening with a start, she found Twilight beside her. "Cotton Candy is missing!" said Twilight. "Have you seen her?" "Cotton Candy should go on a diet," yawned Moondancer. "She ate my favorite bluegrass and my prettiest wild flowers. I put her in hibernation until winter!" Twilight was stunned. "Free her from the spell, Moondancer. Her friends are worried!" "Is it winter already?" teased Moondancer. But she freed Cotton Candy from the spell and even called the West Wind to give her a ride home.

Seashell

Seashell was at the beach chasing the waves and rolling in the deep sand dunes. She bent down to lick the salt off her hoofs and, before she knew it, one of her Sea Pony friends had clamped on to her beautiful mane. "Why are you hanging on my mane, Sea Pony?" Seashell asked. "I want to go for a ride," replied her friend, "a real pony ride." "If you asked politely, I'd be happy to give you a ride," Seashell said. But the Sea Pony said nothing and clamped down even harder. Shaking her head in dismay, Seashell gave her a ride she'd never forget!

Bubbles

Lemon Drop saw a strange, muddy pony galloping toward her from across the field. "My goodness, I think you need a bath!" she exclaimed as she poured her favorite bubble bath into the waterfall beside the stable. Soon bubbles were everywhere, twinkling in the sun and floating on the gentle breeze. "Perhaps I put in too much bubble bath," she thought. "Oh well, she really is very muddy." After much scrubbing a beautiful, yellow pony emerged from the bubbly water. "I'll call you Bubbles," said Lemon Drop. Bubbles just smiled. She had found a new friend.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Elfpony

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+71)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2019, 04:40:19 AM »
I love Moondancer’s back card story.  So much sass. I also love how a lot of the early cards tell you a bit about two or three ponies.

Bubbles’ love of mud is reinforced on Applejack’s card too, where Bubbles is looking for a muddy place to fall in.

Elf

Offline SpacePinto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2019, 05:56:17 AM »
I'm not particularly fond of the backcard stories, but I love the Moondancer's one, so badass! And the ones featuring Bubbles, she's such a dirty little piggy!
Inka Dinka Doo

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2019, 03:12:28 PM »
Here are a few more

US backcard story for Applejack

Bubbles was racing down the hill looking for a muddy spot to roll in. She stopped suddenly and laughed. "What a silly sight," she said. Hanging upside down in a tree like a monkey was Applejack. "How did you get up there?" asked Bubbles. Applejack whinnied in embarrassment. "I was jumping for apples. I jumped so high that I caught my heels on the branch." Bubbles sighed. "Your appetite for apples is always getting you in trouble, Applejack!" Then she helped Applejack out of the tree, and was treated to a fine red apple from her thankful friend.

US backcard story for Taffy

"What's for dinner?" Bouncy asked, standing in the doorway of the Paradise Estate kitchen dripping wet from her swim in the pool. "Spaghetti," Taffy answered, grabbing a mop to soak up the puddle around Bouncy. No one noticed the mop handle accidently knocking over Cupcake's jar of "Magic Sticky Stuff" and pouring it into the pot of spaghetti. "YUMM-this is delicious!" the ponies chanted as Taffy served dinner. As they ate, they noticed that the spaghetti stuck to their plates and forks. It took all the pulling and yanking they could muster to get the food into their mouths! Taffy couldn't understand what went wrong until Cupcake spotted the empty jar. "I think you added an extra ingredient," Cupcake laughed. Quickly, Taffy added some sugar and spice and turned the spaghetti into the best dessert the ponies ever tasted.

US  backcard story for Lickety Split

The ponies were enjoying Majesty's birthday party in the Dream Castle garden when Lickety-Split announced she had a special surprise. As they sang Happy Birthday, Lickety kicked her heels twice and the mountains around the castle turned into giant scoops of vanilla, chocolate and strawberry ice cream. Two smiling clouds poured hot fudge and whipped cream over the mountains while Cherries Jubilee flew up each creamy mountain and topped it with a bright red cherry. "This is the best birthday surprise I've ever had," Majesty said handing Lickety-Split a heaping dish of chocolate ice cream. 

Ponyfan

Offline skyline

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2019, 06:04:27 PM »
Hahaha I was just coming here to say Moondancer - by far the best!

sig by starscout!

Looking for Lucky Bell’s Musical Dream Pony (Keypers fakie)! PM me if you’re selling !

Offline freezestime

• Forever and Always the Prom Queen
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2019, 06:45:44 PM »
Probably Ringlet's UK backcard, although I've only heard about it.
Freezestime's Masterlist! https://bit.ly/3x1te5n
Dedicated G2 thread! https://bit.ly/3vIIJhL
Dedicated G2 V2.0 thread! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,403447.msg1880080/topicseen.html#new
Forgotten Toy lines! [urlhttps://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=395090.150[/url]

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2019, 02:11:51 PM »
Probably Ringlet's UK backcard, although I've only heard about it.

Do you mean Rainbow Magic? (Since there's BnG Ringlets and Great Hair Ringlets here, and because if you do, technically that's her UK name)

I would say the same, although I do not own the card any more and thus cannot remember or post it verbatim. I do know one MOC that survives in the community somewhere, maybe the owner has the story to share. But I remember that she granted wishes :)
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Twizel

• Switchblade Kitten
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • This crown gives me a feeling of power! POWER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2019, 02:49:39 PM »
I also really like Gusty's:
Way up in the trees, the leaves had put on their autumn coats and Gusty was thrilled. "I love fall colors - orange, red and yellow!" Dancing happily. Gusty whirled through the colorful treetops. Suddenly a wild wind whistled through the sky and the leaves were yanked from their trees. They fluttered down and lay lifeless on the ground. "Back up there! Go back up!" Taking a deep breath, Gusty puckered her lips and blew on the leaves. At Gusty's magical command, the leaves happily swirled around and returned to their home.

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2019, 08:20:30 PM »
Moondancer and Bubbles are my favorites too!  I always wondered what kind of place Bubbles came from that didn’t give her a name.

But I also love the other mischief makers:

Cotton Candy

Cotton Candy galloped out of the stable garden with Blossom hot on her heels. "At least she's stopped eating my beautiful flowers," Blossom whinnied as she stopped chasing her. Cotton Candy slowed to a trot. She was forever getting into mischief, mostly because she tried to find her sweet treats in Blossom's garden. "I'll visit my mountain friends, I think the wild flowers will be out in the valley. Yum!" she said happily, licking her lips.

Seashell

Seashell was at the beach chasing the waves and rolling in the deep sand dunes. She bent down to lick the salt off her hoofs and, before she knew it, one of her Sea Pony friends had clamped on to her beautiful mane. "Why are you hanging on my mane, Sea Pony?" Seashell asked. "I want to go for a ride," replied her friend, "a real pony ride." "If you asked politely, I'd be happy to give you a ride," Seashell said. But the Sea Pony said nothing and clamped down even harder. Shaking her head in dismay, Seashell gave her a ride she'd never forget!

And Sunlight’s story is cute and a little strange.

Sunlight

Out in the meadow, Sunlight was playing games with her shadow. The brighter the sun shone, the more beautiful Sunlight's shadow became until it took on every hue of the rainbow!

"Let's play hide and seek," said her rainbow shadow. "I'll be it." Sunlight hid in the shade under the spreading oak tree. "Found you!" whispered the shadow. "I'm under here too."

Sunshine ran out from under the tree and sure enough, her beautiful shadow was right behind her. "Your turn to hide!" Sunlight shouted and ran as fast as the wind, but the lttle rainbow followed her every step.

In the wink of an eye a large dark rain cloud moved in and covered the sun. Sunlight frowned, her shadow was gone. She looked and looked, but it has disappeared. "Olly olly in-free," sang Sunshine. "Where are you," she shouted.

Sunlight looked up at the sky and sang to the rain cloud, "Rain, rain, go away, come again some other day!" The wind helped by taking a deep breath and blowing very, very hard. The sun broke through the clouds. In a flash, Sunlight's shadow returned and they galloped together across the meadow.

Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline Khoufu

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Waterfire is best pony. \\//,
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2019, 10:26:06 PM »
Dainty! She goes into a shop, notices the lack of flowers, SPAWNS LOTS OF FLOWERS, then does her business and leaves, if I recall. I'm just glad she doesn't have an evil twin who loves bees.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2020, 12:29:18 PM by Khoufu »
:enraged:   PM for a link to my Retro MLP group on Telegram!   

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2019, 09:13:49 AM »
Flowerburst! She goes into a shop, notices the lack of flowers, SPAWNS LOTS OF FLOWERS, then does her business and leaves, if I recall. I'm just glad she doesn't have an evil twin who loves bees.

I obviously have a bad sense of humour because how you described that tickled me.

This also reminds me of the conversation ages ago about Curly Locks, the enemy of florists and brides everywhere, who blinks and turns petals into ribbons.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2019, 12:33:10 PM »
US backkcard story for Munchy

After the last baseball game of the season, Munchy called the ponies together to give them a special surprise. "Follow me!" she cried, leading them to a pile of baseball bats and baseballs. When she wiggled her nose, the bats burst into hot dogs, and the balls turned into bags of french fries! "This is better than a home run!" Slugger cheered, biting into his third hot dog!

US backcard story for Curly Locks

It was the day of the Pony Springtime Ball. Curly Locks arrived at the Pony Perm Shoppe to find that Fifi had no more ribbons to decorate the ponies' hair! Curly Locks noticed beautiful flowers growing outside the window of the Perm Shoppe. She quickly raced outside and gathered colorful flower petals in a basket. When she blinked her eyes at the basket, the petals turned into silky ribbons! Curly Locks returned to the Pony Perm Shoppe to surprise Fifi with her basket of magical ribbons!

Ponyfan

Offline Khoufu

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Waterfire is best pony. \\//,
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2020, 12:31:14 PM »
Dainty! She goes into a shop, notices the lack of flowers, SPAWNS LOTS OF FLOWERS, then does her business and leaves, if I recall. I'm just glad she doesn't have an evil twin who loves bees.

I obviously have a bad sense of humour because how you described that tickled me.

This also reminds me of the conversation ages ago about Curly Locks, the enemy of florists and brides everywhere, who blinks and turns petals into ribbons.
Theyobviously must have a battle. Or Dainty is the damage control pony after Curly Locks screws up someone's stuff.

(Apparently it was Dainty, not Flowerburst, but her name fits it better.)
:enraged:   PM for a link to my Retro MLP group on Telegram!   

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2020, 03:37:59 PM »
Dang  Moondancer is not to be messed with.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal