collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Unpopular faves?  (Read 4963 times)

Offline goddessofpeep

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Unpopular faves?
« Reply #45 on: March 30, 2020, 03:53:58 PM »
There's been a lot of ponies I've been indifferent to, or even genuinely disliked, and then something changed and I fell in love.  Most of them have been pretty unpopular lines.

Fancy Pants Babies - I was pretty 'meh' on these, but one day something just snapped, and I had to get them all - including the Argentina ones.

Dance 'n Prance - I *hated* these as a kid when they came out.  Absolutely detested them.  I thought they were trashy.  Then I went to my first ponymeet waaaaay back in like '98 or '99.  Someone had a working one, and I saw it in action for the first time.  It was the funniest thing I'd ever seen, and I was in love!  I have the full USA set, all complete and in perfect working condition(of course!) now:p

The UK Mummy Pony - A pony that gives birth isn't something I was really into.  At all.  I had very little interest in the whole thing for years.  Then I went on bit of quest to fill in the holes in my UK/ Euro collection, and that was one of the last ones I needed.  Two things happened at once - the price on this set started to skyrocket suddenly, and someone on the Arena had a pretty much mint one complete with babies for trade, and I had exactly what she wanted.   Since it was a trade, it was basically free for me so I figured I'd better just get the thing now before the price became astronomical.  If I really didn't like it, I could always trade/sell it later.

I got it in, and tried it out.  From the first moment that little baby shot out like a missile, it was love!

I've always liked Magic Message ponies, and I don't think they're that popular either.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 30, 2020, 09:10:39 PM »
There's been a lot of ponies I've been indifferent to, or even genuinely disliked, and then something changed and I fell in love.  Most of them have been pretty unpopular lines.

Fancy Pants Babies - I was pretty 'meh' on these, but one day something just snapped, and I had to get them all - including the Argentina ones.

Dance 'n Prance - I *hated* these as a kid when they came out.  Absolutely detested them.  I thought they were trashy.  Then I went to my first ponymeet waaaaay back in like '98 or '99.  Someone had a working one, and I saw it in action for the first time.  It was the funniest thing I'd ever seen, and I was in love!  I have the full USA set, all complete and in perfect working condition(of course!) now:p

The UK Mummy Pony - A pony that gives birth isn't something I was really into.  At all.  I had very little interest in the whole thing for years.  Then I went on bit of quest to fill in the holes in my UK/ Euro collection, and that was one of the last ones I needed.  Two things happened at once - the price on this set started to skyrocket suddenly, and someone on the Arena had a pretty much mint one complete with babies for trade, and I had exactly what she wanted.   Since it was a trade, it was basically free for me so I figured I'd better just get the thing now before the price became astronomical.  If I really didn't like it, I could always trade/sell it later.

I got it in, and tried it out.  From the first moment that little baby shot out like a missile, it was love!

I've always liked Magic Message ponies, and I don't think they're that popular either.

The Magic Message set is darling. Especially Mirror, Floater, Magic Hat and Cloud Dreamer.

I think the first Sea Pony set is simple, but charming and pretty.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 30, 2020, 09:16:20 PM »

The Magic Message set is darling. Especially Mirror, Floater, Magic Hat and Cloud Dreamer.

I think the first Sea Pony set is simple, but charming and pretty.
Mirror-Mirror & Magic Hat are imo most suited to the Magic Message concept, while Teddi (Cuddles to US peeps) is the cutest but I'm biased because blue & used to have lol. Cloud Dreamer, when you find her in decent condition, is also lovely. Her problem is she suffers heavily from symbol rubs
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #48 on: March 31, 2020, 12:30:30 AM »
I like this idea. I really love green tootsie but people tend to dislike her.

I really love her too. There are lots of other beautiful ponies in this pose too, like Cherries Jubilee and Snowflake, Merriweather and Raincurl.

I also think Shady may not be that popular but I gave mine a hairdo and I really like her.

I also love the Sweetheart Sister ponies and I'm hoping to find lace rribbons for them one day, plus Fancy Flower and Frilly flower who weren't realeased in the UK. I'm also trying to find combs for all my glittery Sweethearet Sister ponies but I think I only have Sunblossom's comb so far.

I also love the Fancy Pants babies, it started with GLider since, what's not to like about a purple unicorn? Then I discovered putting them in tutus and I decided I definitely need more of them.

I also love Magic Message ponies in spite of the symbol rubs, since the poses and colours are great and the symbols are my least favourite thing about them. I have Cuddles Teddi in good shape but the others are a set of symbolless MM ponies waiting for alternative symbols some day, I just need to get around to painting them.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2020, 12:36:51 AM by Artemesia's Garden »
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Queen Sophie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
  • Shy Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 01, 2020, 05:39:40 PM »
-Don’t know if she’s unpopular (but I feel like she is) but I love Pony Bride! She’s a beautiful elegant pony!

-Blueberry Baskets, I lover her blue Shades!

-Kingsley, since lions are one of my favorite animals!

-Red Roses, love the pastel yellow with poofy pink mane and tail! I also like that they made her a unicorn with those colors!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 01, 2020, 05:40:55 PM »
I love the bushwoolies. I'm bent on getting Friendly (my childhood one) back this year.  I want everyone except Cheery. Or was it Cheerful?
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal