collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Charity shop pony luck - another Alt. Birthflower!  (Read 1162 times)

Offline Loona

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Charity shop pony luck - another Alt. Birthflower!
« on: December 23, 2019, 09:49:31 AM »
Last Tuesday I left work a little earlier (shifting some overtime hours off), and on my way to a certain shop I passed a charity shop. I was aware it is there, I just didn't plan to visit other shops on my way - however, now that I was there, I decided to go in, and boy, was that a good decision!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

They all seem to be in good condition (apart from the MGR fakie's hair, but I don't mind that. I have a childhood pony like this, just darker blue with pink hair, and her hair looks even worse - even though I didn't handle her roughly. My original MLPs who got just as much play have much better hair, so this is just what you get with fakie hair :) ), the spots and stains on them seem to me like something that will come off after a day at the spa :) I'm happy with all of them, and it's tough to decide which one I like the most (Baby Surprise is darling sweet, but the MGR fakie is equally sweet, I love this fakie mold), but I'm leaning towards June Rose - not only because she's rare, but because even though her colours aren't that unique, I was secretly wishing to have her someday, as June is my birth month :) She's the third Alternate Birthflower I found in the wild here, and none of them came from shops that normally sell imported goods, so I'm getting more and more certain that Alt. Birthflowers were, at some point, available in stores here. 3 of them in the wild in 1.5 years would seem just too much luck, too unlikely otherwise.

My lovely awareness adoptable was created by HollowZero.

Offline Barnacle_lady

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Charity shop pony luck - another Alt. Birthflower!
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2019, 08:19:02 AM »
Thats a great find again :) It was really your lucky moment.

Offline kingluke

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • The Great King of Lucia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2019, 06:02:25 AM »
awesome finds, I like the birthflower the best but it's hard to choose.
Lover of Windwhistler

Offline Loona

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2019, 02:02:45 PM »
Thank you to both of you! :) I still haven't yet managed to clean them (we've been away for the holidays), but I'll try to post post-spa pics once I get there :)

A question to those who are familiar with ribbons: only June Rose's tail is visible in the picture, but there you can see that her tail braid is tied with a (pink) ribbon. Baby Surprise has her tail in a similar fashion, tied with a white ribbon. I would be interested to find out if any of these ribbons are original and theirs, but I am totally not familiar with MLP ribbons :lookround: Does anyone know what colour ribbons they came with? What is the best way to tell if a ribbon is original (e.g. what is their usual length and width, if there is any)? Based on Google searches, Baby Surprise seems to have had a pink ribbon, and June Rose *probably* with white (I've only found this pic, and the flash has washed the ribbon's colour out, so I'm not sure it's white), so there's a chance the ribbons are theirs, just mixed up, but I just don't know if there's a good way to tell  :blush:

My lovely awareness adoptable was created by HollowZero.

Offline The_Loner

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • My Little Pony fan
    • View Profile
    • Dream Planet - The Toys
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2019, 08:26:51 AM »
Awesome find, congrats! :D
That's really interesting that the alt. birthflower ponies seem to also have been sold in Hungary :)
All the alt. birthflower ponies came with a white ribbon and a purple flower brush so it's very possible the white ribbon in Baby Surprise's tail is Rose's original ribbon. I don't know about the pink ribbon. I'm not sure Baby Surprise or any of the babies in that series came with a ribbon. But from the looks of it in the picture it is possible it's a real MLP ribbon.

Offline starstrider

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Pony pride!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2020, 02:24:53 PM »
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     Congratulations on such a lucky find!!  And the fact that June is your birth month makes this pony fate :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal