collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Flutter Pony Wings  (Read 847 times)

Offline Erin-T-Aardvark

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.erinsmlpparadise.com
Flutter Pony Wings
« on: December 21, 2019, 06:28:24 PM »
I've been a bad member. I haven't been here in years, due to being in and out of the MLP fandom. I'm back to ask for some help because I can't find anything on the subject via Google, or on YouTube for that matter.

OK, here's the deal. I bought six sets of the replacement G1 Flutter Pony wings. They haven't come in the mail yet, but I wanted to know this before I attempted to try. How do you attach them to your Flutter Ponies without breaking them? The person who sold them said they used a hair dryer and a craft stick, but I don't own a hair dryer (don't ask). That, and I'd be too afraid I'd over-use the hair dryer and do some serious damage to the Flutter Ponies' wing slots. I never had Flutter Ponies when I was a kid, so I have no idea how they go in. The only thing I know is that they are fragile. Thanks in advance!
*Formerly Known as Geatorette*

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline kingluke

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • The Great King of Lucia
    • View Profile
Re: Flutter Pony Wings
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2019, 05:57:45 AM »
Welcome vack. If you gave wing slots that are 'open' you can just put the end of the wing in there and superglue it into place. They are a bit on the fragile side but display lovely.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2019, 12:17:27 AM by kingluke »
Lover of Windwhistler

Offline BubbleTea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • Must Collect Horses
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2019, 02:53:10 PM »
If the wing slots are empty just stick the wings in there. Some people choose to glue them in but I don't because I want the option to change them if I ever wanted to.

Sometimes the wing slots still have remnants of the original wing in there so you'll have to (carefully) dig out whatever is left of the original wing with something pointy (I use push pins since they have a nice little handle)
« Last Edit: December 22, 2019, 02:56:17 PM by BubbleTea »
Sigs by SquarePeg and starrynights
:nerdy: :nerdy: :nerdy:

Offline Safflower

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Whatever shall I put here? (she/her)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2019, 02:56:57 PM »
Keep in mind the old, broken off wing tabs might still be stuck in the slots (it took me a while to figure that out, whoops.) It it is, tweezers can pull them out or if the wing slots themselves are the "open" design (they have holes), you can kind of poke them out. Sometimes they are a little stubborn.

I've never had to use a hair dryer to I'm guessing soften the slots? Nor have I heard of that, you should be fine ;)

。.:☆*:・~celestial ponies are best ponies~・:*☆:.
~thanks to the wonderful Griffin for my sig!~

Offline Erin-T-Aardvark

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2019, 04:54:44 PM »
I've never had to use a hair dryer to I'm guessing soften the slots? Nor have I heard of that, you should be fine ;)

Yes, the seller said that's what he/she uses to soften them up. Here's teh exact quote from the listing:

"Please insert a object into the pony's wing hole, to stretch the plastic, before inserting the new wings. The pony's plastic is old and may have shrunk over the years with no wings being in the slot."

I have never had a Flutter Pony before, so I have no idea what I'm doing. The wings came today, and after a very long "ooooooohhhhhh, preeeeeettttttyyyyyyyyyy" moment of ogling them, I'm going to make an attempt. I'll start with Honeysuckle, since she's one of my non-favorites (I don't hate her, but she's just not a favorite Flutter Pony of mine). Thanks for the help, everybody!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2019, 05:44:00 PM »

Yes, the seller said that's what he/she uses to soften them up. Here's teh exact quote from the listing:

"Please insert a object into the pony's wing hole, to stretch the plastic, before inserting the new wings. The pony's plastic is old and may have shrunk over the years with no wings being in the slot."

I have never had a Flutter Pony before, so I have no idea what I'm doing. The wings came today, and after a very long "ooooooohhhhhh, preeeeeettttttyyyyyyyyyy" moment of ogling them, I'm going to make an attempt. I'll start with Honeysuckle, since she's one of my non-favorites (I don't hate her, but she's just not a favorite Flutter Pony of mine). Thanks for the help, everybody!

I had no problem putting wings on any of my girls. As long as the tab fits and there's no remnant of old wings in there, it should be fine
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Erin-T-Aardvark

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2019, 05:50:36 PM »
Turned out I didn't have too much trouble after all. Rosedust and Peach Blossom still had a tab remnant, but a pair of tweezers took care of that pretty quickly. So after 15+ years of having them in my collection, they are FINALLY no longer wingless!

« Last Edit: December 22, 2019, 05:53:17 PM by Erin-T-Aardvark »

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2019, 06:48:08 PM »
The way flutter wings attach is there's a tab at the base of the wing and you stick it in a slot.  That's it.  The thing about hair dryers, etc, is for cases where the slot has become compressed over the years.  In which case I think anything you can wiggle around in there will stretch the slot enough to make able to accept a new wing.

I think you'll be able to tell visually if you need to stretch the flutter wing slot.  On a lot of flutters, you'll be able to just stick in the new wing.

(Obviously make sure an old tab isn't stuck in the slot, first.)
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2019, 09:59:29 PM »
Turned out I didn't have too much trouble after all. Rosedust and Peach Blossom still had a tab remnant, but a pair of tweezers took care of that pretty quickly. So after 15+ years of having them in my collection, they are FINALLY no longer wingless!

Lovely job
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal