collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Titanic 2 to set sail in 2022  (Read 3166 times)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
Re: Titanic 2 to set sail in 2022
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2019, 04:33:57 PM »
What didn't we learn the first time around, lol?

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline CloudyGlow

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2019, 04:56:29 PM »
Is this satire? Because I don't believe in curses, but this is a cursed venture. How do you not think about dying in freezing ocean while on that ship.

Offline Nemesis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Material Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2019, 08:11:30 PM »
Weeeeell... Are there going to actually be enough lifeboats on this Titanic? I imagine modern regulations are a lot tougher.

How haunting, though...
🌈⭐️Check out my wishlist! Seeking all generations of ponies, Fashion Star Fillies, Magic Meadow Ponies, REMCO ponies, Sweetie Pups/Kitties, cutesy 80s/90s toys, and more!🦄🌙

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Titan Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2019, 12:44:02 AM »
Nope na-hah nope nope nope. This is completely bonkers it’s a curse.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

A mother pony can be protective of her young just like dogs.

Friend Code: SW-4221-8531-0056

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2019, 06:33:25 AM »
What didn't we learn the first time around, lol?

Not to taunt fate

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2019, 09:53:28 AM »
Hmm, 

Seems like this is the project of some rich insane  Australian guy (Clive) who is personally funding the "project" for reasons of his own. I bet he is in some kind of "Titanic" history club with some other old geezers and they collect little bits of the Titanic as we collect ponies.

Clive really should think of better ways to spend his money. 
What a nutter.  I mean we all waste money but 22 MILLION.  Think of all the good he could have done with it and instead he uses it to fund an insane and questionable venture to build a replica Titanic of all things?  Okaaaaay...

I did notice that the article said it "COULD" set sail- doesn't mean it will.

Even if it was launched as a commercial venture- I have some doubts about how many would be willing to actually go out on the thing on a trans-Atlantic voyage. 

Probably some other Titanic obsessed nutters like Clive there.  He and all 15 of the members of his "Titanic" club can go have a blast.

The rest of us will pass thanks.  Even I, who don't really put much stock in bad omens or bad luck-  would think twice before hopping on THAT boat for a long trip.   
« Last Edit: December 19, 2019, 09:55:40 AM by Galactica »

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2019, 10:19:36 AM »
Hmm, 

Seems like this is the project of some rich insane  Australian guy (Clive) who is personally funding the "project" for reasons of his own. I bet he is in some kind of "Titanic" history club with some other old geezers and they collect little bits of the Titanic as we collect ponies.

What a nutter.  I mean we all waste money but 22 MILLION.  Think of all the good he could have done with it and instead he uses it to fund an insane and questionable venture to build a replica Titanic of all things?  Okaaaaay...

Even if it was launched as a commercial venture- I have some doubts about how many would be willing to actually go out on the thing on a trans-Atlantic voyage. 

Probably some other Titanic obsessed nutters like Clive there.  He and all 15 of the members of his "Titanic" club can go have a blast.

The rest of us will pass thanks.  Even I, who don't really put much stock in bad omens or bad luck-  would think twice before hopping on THAT boat for a long trip.

Ugh.  Well, at least the 22 million got redistributed among the people he hired. Maybe some of them really needed it. That's what I tell myself when I see an insane amount of money spent on projects like this.  The worst, I think is when people hoard it so they can be multi-billionaires.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline Nemesis

• Material Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2019, 10:24:23 AM »
Well, there are traveling Titanic museums, Titanic video games (including a VR simulation), a blockbuster film that is still referenced and quoted to this day... I’m pretty sure there are more than 15 interested parties. XD

I mean 22mill IS a lot... but if it’s slated to be a commercial cruise, it’s not all that much. Anyway, there are lots of people who call adult pony/toy collectors “nutters”, so I’m just of the mindset not to judge.

I’m just not superstitious... at all. I imagine plenty of people will sign up to board this thing.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2019, 10:30:03 AM by Nemesis »
🌈⭐️Check out my wishlist! Seeking all generations of ponies, Fashion Star Fillies, Magic Meadow Ponies, REMCO ponies, Sweetie Pups/Kitties, cutesy 80s/90s toys, and more!🦄🌙

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2019, 11:00:19 AM »
I believe that the heart will go on.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2019, 11:07:07 AM »
Hmm, 

Ugh.  Well, at least the 22 million got redistributed among the people he hired. Maybe some of them really needed it. That's what I tell myself when I see an insane amount of money spent on projects like this.  The worst, I think is when people hoard it so they can be multi-billionaires.

Well he'll be earning that investment back if all goes well and that'll create jobs too so there's that. I imagine people who are relatively well off or who save a bit will go on it, same as any other fancy cruiser.

Offline Nemesis

• Material Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2019, 11:08:31 AM »

The biggest safety hazard on this thing is going to be people trying to reenact “I’m king of the WORLD!!!”, lol. XD The selfie fail videos are going to be epic.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2019, 11:12:01 AM by Nemesis »

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2019, 11:13:34 AM »

The biggest safety hazard on this thing is going to be people trying to reenact “I’m king of the WORLD!!!”, lol. XD The selfie fail videos are going to be epic.

You know it's gonna happen XD Also, James Cameron will probably buy out all tickets for its maiden voyage.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2019, 11:16:13 AM »

You know it's gonna happen XD Also, James Cameron will probably buy out all tickets for its maiden voyage.

:snicker:

If they did day tours where it's at the docks like the Queen Mary  I'd go on it. Because if it sinks, at least I can get to land quickly. I wouldn't mind seeing the fancy inside of it.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2019, 11:18:07 AM by Leave a Whisper »

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2019, 07:18:04 PM »

Absolutely!  No need to worry about the possibility of the thing sinking, selfie seekers will be falling overboard in droves :lmao:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal