collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Linux Discussion  (Read 1072 times)

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
Linux Discussion
« on: December 09, 2019, 01:24:05 PM »
Hi there, are you a linux user? I'm done with microsoft and don't know what to do  >_<
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline SpacePinto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Linux Discussion
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2019, 08:22:09 PM »
I've been using Ubuntu for over two years now, overall those two years were much better and with much less issues compared to the time I had spent using Windows. I'd say if you're not into video games and mostly use PC for browing the Internet or watching movies then there's no reason you shouldn't switch.
Inka Dinka Doo
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2019, 03:59:20 AM »
Thanks so much for your reply. This is fantastic news. I generally use my computer for the following things:

1. Netflix
2. Web browser where I visit MLPA, Wikipedia, Ebay and look at the weather
3. Web browser for online banking!
3. Libre Office word processor and spreadsheet
4. Photo processing with Zoner Photo Studio, GIMP.
5. Music editing and recording programs

My main worry was that I might not be able to do my online banking. What do you think?

:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline SpacePinto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2019, 07:02:58 AM »
I access both my PayPal account and my bank account using my web browser (Firefox) and I never had any problems with that. There are also tons of free image or sound editing apps for Ubuntu. I don't know about Netflix though since I've never used it so far, but I think if you watch it in your browser there shouldn't be much problem. If you are unsure, you can always install Ubuntu alongside Windows and use them interchangeably for some time to test waters.
Inka Dinka Doo

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2019, 09:22:14 AM »
I can't imagine you would have problems with anything you do in your web browser, my only concern would be apps and programs. I think having both Ubuntu and Windows would be good, my friend used Linux for a long time but I haven't personally touched it, but it sounded like it was worth the switch.

Sig by Starscout <3

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2019, 10:31:14 AM »
I will try running both operating systems for a while, I've found it fairly easy to access the information. I'm feeling a lot more confident, thank you! I have a feeling that now is the right time :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal