collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Dream Castle

have
14 (35.9%)
want
15 (38.5%)
new to me
0 (0%)
thinking
5 (12.8%)
need parts
5 (12.8%)

Total Members Voted: 37

Voting closed: December 14, 2019, 05:53:00 AM

Author Topic: POTD 12/9/19 Dream Castle  (Read 2623 times)

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
Re: POTD 12/9/19 Dream Castle
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2019, 04:01:36 AM »
I have two of them, as my sister wouldn't share her toys with me and mom bought us one of each. So we have a China and a HK version. So many parts have gone missing throughout the years though...... :'(

Is there a difference between the accessories in teh China and HK versions?
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline milkywaymochi

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2019, 04:02:01 AM »
I like it and I'd get if if I found it, but if I had a choice between the two, I'd pick the paradise estate.

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2019, 06:35:01 AM »
I have my childhood Dream Castel still *is blessed* I loved it so very much.

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline Psylocke

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2019, 12:19:43 PM »
I have two of them, as my sister wouldn't share her toys with me and mom bought us one of each. So we have a China and a HK version. So many parts have gone missing throughout the years though...... :'(

Not that I've ever noticed. I used to think our sets were identical until recently when I checked the Majestys and they were labelled differently. The castles are in storage right now but have to dig them up someday and check further! i got everything when my sister stopped playing with ponies so they got mixed up back then and i can't say for sure which one belongs to which set anymore, if there is any difference at all between them. but on the top of my head i'd say no. the only difference seems to be the batch in which the Majestys were made, as one has 'bleached' and the other one is yellowy with cancer spots, despite living the same life.

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2019, 12:48:02 PM »

Not that I've ever noticed. I used to think our sets were identical until recently when I checked the Majestys and they were labelled differently. The castles are in storage right now but have to dig them up someday and check further! i got everything when my sister stopped playing with ponies so they got mixed up back then and i can't say for sure which one belongs to which set anymore, if there is any difference at all between them. but on the top of my head i'd say no. the only difference seems to be the batch in which the Majestys were made, as one has 'bleached' and the other one is yellowy with cancer spots, despite living the same life.

That's very interesting about Majesty. If you do get them out of storage, many of the accessories are fairly easy to find because I think the castles break easily.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline slyons

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • G1 Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2019, 02:36:37 PM »
I barely have money or room for ponies I want, there's no way I could afford the cash or space for a complete playset!  Wouldn't pass up a complete freebie though  :P
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you Shaiyeh and Griffin for my adoptables!!

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2019, 07:33:32 AM »
That's so interesting that the German box had the unicorns on it...

DC was my first childhood playset. My mother said it was bought in the sales from Boots in January 1986 or 1987 and I had it for my birthday in the following February. It was the last one on the shelf.

I still have it (a few bits have gone astray) along with its box. When I photographed it for the scrapbook I copied the box photo so the ponies shown are the ones on the UK box.

I used to stick all my stickers on it. My baby sea pony ones are still fixed to the tower so hard that I can't get them off safely, so I have the tower wrapped. My MB stickers were probably here too, once..but they vanished in one of our moves we think :/

My sister has a Chinese Majesty but I think the general theory is that was in parts of Europe and not really here...interesting you have one from new, Psylocke!

The earlier castles, some of them, had different brush accessories I think too...I know my Majesty had a blue shooting star brush though.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2019, 07:35:37 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Shy Violet

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2019, 09:06:40 PM »
I had it as a child but sadly my mom threw it out. After hunting for it locally for years I found a guy with a toy booth at Comic Con last year and he asked if there was any other items I was looking for and I said a Dream Castle jokingly and he said he had one at home but didn't bring it! So I picked it up from his house a couple weeks later! Super happy to have it again! It's living on my sewing table right now since my shelves are all full.

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2019, 11:30:57 AM »
I have the regular colored one but am still missing parts to it. I also have some parts for the other color for this set.

Offline shabbychicdee

• Trade Count: (+85)
  • MOC Mimic
  • professional thrifter and treasure hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2019, 12:01:58 PM »
i had it after wanting it so bad since the 80s, but landed up selling it as it was too big and awkward to display also kept discolouring, there was only so much peroxide i could do on it. :(
anyways if was fun and challenging rounding up all the accessories for it though.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2019, 12:04:44 PM by shabbychicdee »

seeking retro MLP and Care Bear tin lunch boxes
wanted list
for trade

Offline starstrider

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Pony pride!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 26, 2019, 07:27:29 PM »
Have it :) Found mine in 2008 on a fleamarket, with its original box <3 for enourmous 2,50€ XD OMG I almost collapsed when the seller told me the price, I had accidentally understood 250€  :shocked:
Well, payed my 2,50€ and the the seller asked me if I needed a bag or something. Said yes and got the original box they had stored under the table!  :shocked:

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2019, 05:41:17 PM »
Never had this play set before.