collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Underrated Collector Pony

Butterscotch
9 (22%)
Bluebelle
4 (9.8%)
Blossom
3 (7.3%)
Snuzzle
9 (22%)
Minty
3 (7.3%)
Peachy
4 (9.8%)
Cotton Candy
1 (2.4%)
Lemon Drop
8 (19.5%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Author Topic: Most Underrated Collector Pony?  (Read 2076 times)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Re: Most Underrated Collector Pony?
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2019, 04:59:36 PM »
If you look at the box art for Ringlets and Velvet Bow, it's pretty clear they are supposed to be lavender and pale blue, respectively. There is nothing even remotely gray about them in their box art. Snuzzle, on the other hand, is always clearly gray in all the official art of her.

However, I didn't want to get into a debate about it. I was just saying I like Snuzzle and I find her coloring unique in the MLP world. That's all.

I like Snuzzle best of the CPs. I just can't get over that pose and wish she'd have gotten a rerelease in a different pose, aside from her Dollymix and Loyal Subjects. I think the Bowtie pose would suit her wonderfully. Because it looks like she would be snuzzling someone. :lovey:
« Last Edit: December 02, 2019, 05:01:40 PM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2019, 05:13:48 PM »
If you look at the box art for Ringlets and Velvet Bow, it's pretty clear they are supposed to be lavender and pale blue, respectively. There is nothing even remotely gray about them in their box art. Snuzzle, on the other hand, is always clearly gray in all the official art of her.

However, I didn't want to get into a debate about it. I was just saying I like Snuzzle and I find her coloring unique in the MLP world. That's all.

Yeah, I agree with Ringlets, she is not really grey. She just ends up grey. And Dainty Dahlia is powder blue.

I dunno about LAW but the only thing I found odd was the suggestion G4 had more natural tones and G1 more pastelly rainbows when IMPO both G1 and G4 have pastelly rainbows :/ G4 especially with their pink unicorns.

But I also have a shelf full of those G4s as well so it wasn't a criticism really, just couldn't really see the need for a generational comparison since all MLP from dot to now has swung (as you said) on pastel (and not pastel) rainbowness.

Making Snuzzle probably even more 'different'. Although in a way Butterscotch is also natural toned. (And if you have seen some of the Blossoms and Bluebelles I've seen, after 37ish years of rough play and abuse, they end up pretty much that way too xD)

@LAW - I got my Christmas ponies mixed up, but that was the colour I was thinking of, if not the pony xD.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2019, 05:15:36 PM by Taffeta »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2019, 05:34:17 PM »

Yeah, I agree with Ringlets, she is not really grey. She just ends up grey. And Dainty Dahlia is powder blue.

I dunno about LAW but the only thing I found odd was the suggestion G4 had more natural tones and G1 more pastelly rainbows when IMPO both G1 and G4 have pastelly rainbows :/ G4 especially with their pink unicorns.

But I also have a shelf full of those G4s as well so it wasn't a criticism really, just couldn't really see the need for a generational comparison since all MLP from dot to now has swung (as you said) on pastel (and not pastel) rainbowness.

Making Snuzzle probably even more 'different'. Although in a way Butterscotch is also natural toned. (And if you have seen some of the Blossoms and Bluebelles I've seen, after 37ish years of rough play and abuse, they end up pretty much that way too xD)

@LAW - I got my Christmas ponies mixed up, but that was the colour I was thinking of, if not the pony xD.

^.^

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2019, 05:55:43 PM »
I feel like Peachy is under-appreciated.  She's so common and I think that makes her seem a little less special.  But she is SUCH a classic 80s pony with a classic 80s color.  Peach was soooo popular that one year.  (Who else remembers Peaches 'n Cream Barbie, ha ha.)

Also she always has amazing silky hair.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline kingluke

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • The Great King of Lucia
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2019, 06:12:07 AM »
I voted snuzzle because she's the only grey g1 pony and she's on my mind a lot. Maybe I should have voted peachy tho. She is so common that people might not want or appreciate her enough.
Lover of Windwhistler

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2019, 09:23:08 AM »
I know Ringlets isn't gray, but she does discolor to it

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal