collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Anyone with Full sized Carousel horse experience?  (Read 2355 times)

Offline CopperBluJu

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
Anyone with Full sized Carousel horse experience?
« on: November 29, 2019, 04:31:38 PM »
I have been trying to get my hands on a large carousel horse for years. A few days ago my doorbell rings and there is a full sized carousel horse on my porch complete with stand. I shut the door laughing then I called my kids over to open the door. They open it and there were two full sized carousel horses and my husband on the porch. Im very excited to restore/repaint! But..

I am running into a few problems and there just isn't enough information on how to repair these.

1. Does anyone know how to remove the pole from the horse? Its two separate pieces and the upper part is loose on one, so far twisting does nothing.

2. I think they are a fiberglass reproductions- Does anyone know how to sand or prep the material to be repainted?

3. Is there anyway to add to or carve this material? I want to make a few minor changes but it still needs to be durable for use.

4. Does anyone know where the manufactures mark would be? I have checked them both over and I cant find it.

5. Does anyone know how I could turn them into a rocking horse? There was a place online that sold a kit back when I started looking but they have since gone out of business and I never could find a tutorial even if I got the supplies.

I am going to cross post in the customs forum.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Griffin

• Trade Count: (+89)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • aka Haawan | she/her
    • View Profile
    • Haawan Pony Customs
Re: Anyone with Full sized Carousel horse experience?
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2019, 06:27:05 AM »
[Locking the duplicate, see http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,397237.0.html instead :) -- Griffin]

deviantART | Haawan Pony Customs | Aithne reference
Avatar by FizzyScrumptious, signature by tailrustedtealeaf - thank you ♥

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal