collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pony headcanons?  (Read 3341 times)

Offline caseysealia

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
Pony headcanons?
« on: November 29, 2019, 08:33:51 PM »
I know this has probably been done before but what are your headcanons, pony wise? This spans from g1 all the way to Pony Life!

I'll start with mine!
Tootie Tails and Barnacle are married.

Salty is baby seapony Salty's father. (Her mother is a seapony he met at sea!)

All gens are connected (a childhood headcanon!) Just different breeds of horses.

The Tropical Ponies (Hula Hula, Tootie Tails, and Pina Coloda) are among the few non-pegasi that live at Butterfly island! Sea Breeze brought them there, and that's how Barnacle met Tootie, while traveling at sea!

Snuzzle and Peachy are sisters

G4 baby Hippogriff toys are newborn baby seaponies

G1 ponies are the wisest of the ponies in Ponyland, (Equestria and Ponyland are different, over the hill from eachother!) The first 6 are very old and respected.

Cotton Candy pose Applejack and Bowtie are just grandma Bowtie and Applejack, thus making Applejack baby Applejack and same for Bowtie at one point!

Majesty and her brother, prince Re, are the the rulers of ponyland.

Rainbow Flash and Rainbow Dash are related. Quarterback and Tux n Tails are twins, and Satin n Lace and Lickety Split are twins. Cocoberry Crunch is Tux n Tail's sister as well, since I got them together.

I like to think ponies I get together are related.

G3 Butter Pop is a boy named Steve ( My dad named him!) and he runs the local movie theater with his wife, Soda Float.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2019, 09:26:10 AM by caseysealia »

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
Re: Pony headcanons?
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2019, 12:36:19 AM »
I know this has probably been done before but what are your headcanons, pony wise? This spans from g1 all the way to Pony Life!

I'll start with mine!

All gens are connected (a childhood headcanon!) Just different races breeds of horses.

The Tropical Ponies (Hula Hula, Tootie Tails, and Pina Coloda) are among the few non-pegasi that live at Butterfly island! Sea Breeze brought them there, and that's how Barnacle met Tootie, while traveling at sea!

G1 ponies are the wisest of the ponies in Ponyland, (Equestria and Ponyland are different, over the hill from eachother!) The first 6 are very old and respected.

Cotton Candy pose Applejack and Bowtie are just grandma Bowtie and Applejack, thus making Applejack baby Applejack and same for Bowtie at one point!

Rainbow Flash and Rainbow Dash are related. Quarterback and Tux n Tails are twins, and Satin n Lace and Lickety Split are twins.

G3 Butter Pop is a boy named Steve ( My dad named him!) and he runs the local movie theater with his wife, Soda Float.

That's adorable. I especially like that CP Bowtie and Applejack are Grandmas with the other CP ponies. People do kinda shrink as they get older so it works perfectly.

I also have Snuzzle and Peachy as sisters.

My headcanon is all G1 at the moment and they all live in Little Pony Land. They are grouped into Guilds according to what they like doing and each Guild has a colour based on the seven colours of the rainbow. Thier characters are based on symbols and lots of other sources including the UK comics, UK fact file and story books. They live both outside and inside the structures based on the playsets, set mostly in pastoral landscapes. They don't live in houses or have motor vehicles or anything like that, it all just runs on magic. There are only a few males compared to the number of females, maybe 5 or 6? At that ratio, it's hard to put everyone in family groups. I think the Loving Family guys live in Guilds but the Mountain Boys only come down from the mountain in spring. I would need to check. I guess anyone in a Gingerbread pose could be male as well but it's not the first thing I think about :)
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline caseysealia

• Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2019, 09:06:29 AM »

I'll start with mine!

All gens are connected (a childhood headcanon!) Just different races breeds of horses.

Rainbow Flash and Rainbow Dash are related. Quarterback and Tux n Tails are twins, and Satin n Lace and Lickety Split are twins.

That's adorable. I especially like that CP Bowtie and Applejack are Grandmas with the other CP ponies. People do kinda shrink as they get older so it works perfectly.

I also have Snuzzle and Peachy as sisters.

My headcanon is all G1 at the moment and they all live in Little Pony Land. They are grouped into Guilds according to what they like doing and each Guild has a colour based on the seven colours of the rainbow. Thier characters are based on symbols and lots of other sources including the UK comics, UK fact file and story books. They live both outside and inside the structures based on the playsets, set mostly in pastoral landscapes. They don't live in houses or have motor vehicles or anything like that, it all just runs on magic. There are only a few males compared to the number of females, maybe 5 or 6? At that ratio, it's hard to put everyone in family groups. I think the Loving Family guys live in Guilds but the Mountain Boys only come down from the mountain in spring. I would need to check. I guess anyone in a Gingerbread pose could be male as well but it's not the first thing I think about :)
Thanks!

Those are good headcanons! I especially like the Mountain Boys one. I accept the Gingerbread pose one too, NSS Shady is male and SS Shady is female. I like the thought of them being related or different ponies completely based off their colors. somehow.  :P

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2019, 09:59:57 AM »
Dream Valley is much bigger than what we've seen so far. The ponies live in only a small portion of it. This means that there are many other creatures living in Dream Valley that the ponies haven't met yet, some friendly to ponies and some not.

The fancy mermaid baby ponies are the last of their kind and have been adopted by the adult sea ponies.

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline caseysealia

• Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2019, 11:52:45 AM »
Dream Valley is much bigger than what we've seen so far. The ponies live in only a small portion of it. This means that there are many other creatures living in Dream Valley that the ponies haven't met yet, some friendly to ponies and some not.

The fancy mermaid baby ponies are the last of their kind and have been adopted by the adult sea ponies.

Ponyfan
I like those! Makes me wanna design other creatures and ponies!

That's a sad and cute headcanon. I accept that one

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2019, 01:04:18 PM »
I imagine that G1 ponies are the ancient ancestors of G4.   Very ancient.  Ponyland has a kind of seeping magic that makes all creatures slowly become more and more alike and sentient.  It also makes it easy for either evil or goodness to completely take over.  Balance is impossible.  Evil has to be isolated/converted. Humans used to live among ponies but they died out/were banished to another dimension.  Princess Celestia is actually Megan and she keeps the two worlds apart for the ponies own protection and to try and keep evil from affecting the magic. The magic that makes her a pony effects the humans near the portal weirdly.

The ponies in ”Rescue” first lived among humans but their home was destroyed by striadons.  The humans were killed.  So the ponies fled.  They found a castle but the dragons had followed them.  Firefly knew they had to fight and realized seeing a human again might be the morale boost they needed.  The castle actually belonged to Scorpan and he gifted it to the ponies after he became a prince again and left with Megan.

G2 and G3 was a time of extreme goodness but something evil creeped in and corrupted the magic.

Tomorrow, I might imagine something completely different.   But that’s how I think all the worlds could be connected.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2019, 01:06:42 PM by brightberry »
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2019, 01:27:07 PM »
I forgot one.

Scorpan/the prince visited Spike sometimes after Spike started living with the ponies or sometimes Spike visited Scorpan/the prince in his kingdom.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Gator

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2019, 02:20:06 PM »
I have several families too.

Windy, Pinwheel and Gusty are all related and have similar wind unicorn magic. 

Floater, Up n' Away, Surprise and Sweet Celebrations mom are all part of the B'Loon family.  Sorry, no Pinkie Pie in my Dream Valley.

Bangles and Buttons are twins. 

Satin n' Lace and magenta Satin n Lace are twins, Satin and Magenta.  Magenta is a vixen who wants to steal Tux away from Satin.

Skippity Doo and Playtime are twins.

Bowtie, Ribbon and Tux are siblings in the Bow family.

Sand Digger is mother to twins Sandcastle and Shovels.

And so on and so on.

Offline TJgamer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • An open-minded adventurer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2019, 02:48:14 PM »
I haven't been keeping track of any headcanons that I may have formed, but I have two off the top of my head.

Octavia Melody and Vinyl Scratch are sisters.

And Cozy Glow is not actually a little filly.
They: You're too old to watch that show!
Me: Can't hear ya, I'm asleep.

Offline caseysealia

• Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2019, 03:24:48 PM »
I have several families too.

Windy, Pinwheel and Gusty are all related and have similar wind unicorn magic. 

Floater, Up n' Away, Surprise and Sweet Celebrations mom are all part of the B'Loon family.  Sorry, no Pinkie Pie in my Dream Valley.

Bangles and Buttons are twins. 

Satin n' Lace and magenta Satin n Lace are twins, Satin and Magenta.  Magenta is a vixen who wants to steal Tux away from Satin.

Skippity Doo and Playtime are twins.

Bowtie, Ribbon and Tux are siblings in the Bow family.

Sand Digger is mother to twins Sandcastle and Shovels.

And so on and so on.

I love your art sm!!!!!! I feel inspired to draw my headcanons now. I forgot about Magenta Satin n Lace, I like that idea! I also like ponies with similar traits being related. It makes sense Pinkie Pie wouldn't be there seeing as this is g1, maybe g3 Pinks is a descendant perhaps?  :lol:

-----------

You guys all have lovely headcanons!

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2019, 04:19:35 PM »
FiM Pinkie Pie is a fever dream of G3 Pinkie Pie. Think about it, the control freak Pinkie has a bad dream about what she could become - a random, screamy freak :lol: j/k

Offline caseysealia

• Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2019, 04:23:10 PM »
FiM Pinkie Pie is a fever dream of G3 Pinkie Pie. Think about it, the control freak Pinkie has a bad dream about what she could become - a random, screamy freak :lol: j/k
   I do feel like that would be her worst nightmare :iconclap:

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2019, 09:57:00 AM »
I've been nursing some universe based off a throwaway line in an article along the lines of "Powder was the past queen who Majesty took the throne from", so I have a few things from that but I've been playing along with it very sparingly.
I do have some pony families going on in there, though. Like Powder is Milky Way and Ice Crystal's child, Surprise and Honeycomb are twins and their parents are Up Up & Away and Princess Tiffany.
Powder and Surprise are dating in my herd.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2019, 10:22:28 AM »
Okay Bangles and Buttons being twins makes perfect sense. I always thought it was weird that they looked so alike!

This is now my #1 Headcanon.

As for me, when I was a kid I had only one ballerina pony: Baby Tippytoes. I don't know why but I decided her outfit and lack of symbol made her some kind of special pony so she became the princess of the pony kingdom. She was a benevolent ruler who usually threw parties and then one of my other toys would come and kidnap her and the other ponies would rally to go get her back. XD
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2019, 12:25:27 PM »
@Gater: thank you for the drawings, so brilliant!
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal