collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Advice for Banks/Online Banks?  (Read 838 times)

Offline Ragamuffin

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Advice for Banks/Online Banks?
« on: November 29, 2019, 07:22:55 PM »
After too many years I FINALLY have an ID which means I can do thinks like have my own bank account... finally! It's important to me especially because that means I can take commissions via Paypal with real money (compared to the Amazon credit I've been doing for the past year), and I can do things like open a shop or something to sell my art as prints.

Not sure how to do that though or what I should look for...? I'm doing my own research of course but it'd be nice to hear advice from real people with real experience and not just blog posts...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline OleGrayMane

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
  • A Third Act Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Advice for Banks/Online Banks?
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2019, 05:54:07 AM »
1) Understand the fee structures and balance requirements
2) Establish a relationship with the staff at a brick and mortar location who can help you navigate issues

I work for an FI, not on the front lines, and coincidentally took training for a new "change initiative" to improve "the customer experience". Why, I asked, did they start this all of a sudden? Oh, just government regulation about abusive and fraudulent practices. Remember that a lot of revenue comes from fees related to balances and transaction requirements and other landmines that seem designed to trip you up.

But that is the institution, not the people: while many of the back office people I work with make me want to scream, my local branch people are some of the nicest, friendliest, helpful people I've run into. Regardless of the institution you choose, I hope you find a similar experience.

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
Re: Advice for Banks/Online Banks?
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2019, 10:16:32 AM »
That's great to hear you have an ID now! I can't give much advice but I use TD since they had a young savers account. I like that they have a mobile app which makes it easy to check and move money around but I think most banks should have that system by now.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Starscout <3

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal