collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: So tell me about acne cream  (Read 983 times)

Offline caseysealia

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
So tell me about acne cream
« on: November 29, 2019, 07:57:16 AM »
Howdy y'all!

I don't know a ton about acne cream use on ponies, all I know is to never use it. Unfortunately, years ago I used to use it on myself and I *think* some ponies may have come in contact with it.
 Now most of the herd I had when using it is gone or in my room, but my question is, can it affect other ponies who had no contact with it what so ever, even before break out starts? Is everyone exposed? How long does it take?
I'd just like to know about it more in general lol. I think if anyone has had the most contact it'd be my g4s, which haven't broken out yet at all, and I'd imagine they'd go much faster before g1 or g3.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2019, 07:59:16 AM by caseysealia »

Offline Safflower

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Whatever shall I put here? (she/her)
    • View Profile
Re: So tell me about acne cream
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2019, 08:13:40 AM »
(PLEASE correct me on anything wrong in this post! This is just what I can remember off the top of my head.)

Well, you are right to never use it. The problematic ingredient in acne cream, which is the main ingredient that’s supposed to treat acne, is benzoyl peroxide. Along with helping acne, it bleaches things, which is why it works to remove stains on pony vinyl. However, it stays on the vinyl after being removed, meaning that even though the vinyl could look fine now, it will continue to bleach. However, it varies on the time it takes to show the “outbreak”. It could be a month, if could be years. Because there is still product on the pony, if that pony touches another pony with the affected area, it will transfer, making it possible for the outbreak to spread.

I’m not sure about the effect on G4s. With G1, the condition of the vinyl of each pony and the environmental conditions make for a lot of different outcomes for when it starts to show.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

。.:☆*:・~celestial ponies are best ponies~・:*☆:.
~thanks to the wonderful Griffin for my sig!~

Offline caseysealia

• Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2019, 08:17:00 AM »
(PLEASE correct me on anything wrong in this post! This is just what I can remember off the top of my head.)

Well, you are right to never use it. The problematic ingredient in acne cream, which is the main ingredient that’s supposed to treat acne, is benzoyl peroxide. Along with helping acne, it bleaches things, which is why it works to remove stains on pony vinyl. However, it stays on the vinyl after being removed, meaning that even though the vinyl could look fine now, it will continue to bleach. However, it varies on the time it takes to show the “outbreak”. It could be a month, if could be years. Because there is still product on the pony, if that pony touches another pony with the affected area, it will transfer, making it possible for the outbreak to spread.

I’m not sure about the effect on G4s. With G1, the condition of the vinyl of each pony and the environmental conditions make for a lot of different outcomes for when it starts to show.
Thank you! I don't really keep my ponies next to each other, thankfully. As of now everyone affected has been removed. Its possible they have had no contact but seeing as I used to use it I worry about it.

Post Merge: November 29, 2019, 08:45:58 AM

EDIT:

Ok I talked to my mom turns out what I used never had that ingredient! Still curious about it if anyone knows more.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2019, 08:46:16 AM by caseysealia »

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2019, 11:35:24 AM »
Basically, its bad news.

I believe there have been stories of it transferring but I am not sure about the firm evidence.

My sister has a pony whose damage showed up a long time later (we didn't know she had been exposed to it, it wasn't done by us) and the pony has been quarantined (she lives with a carebear now) to make sure there are no issues. It took at least 5, maybe 8 years to show up on her but now she has large cream-white patches on her belly.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline caseysealia

• Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2019, 02:05:56 PM »
Basically, its bad news.

I believe there have been stories of it transferring but I am not sure about the firm evidence.

My sister has a pony whose damage showed up a long time later (we didn't know she had been exposed to it, it wasn't done by us) and the pony has been quarantined (she lives with a carebear now) to make sure there are no issues. It took at least 5, maybe 8 years to show up on her but now she has large cream-white patches on her belly.
That's a yikes!! Another scary thing is getting a pony from someone else you used it.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal