collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: ** FROZEN II ** ~ ~ (please hide spoilers under tags)  (Read 2213 times)

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
** FROZEN II ** ~ ~ (please hide spoilers under tags)
« on: November 22, 2019, 12:17:36 PM »
Didn't see another topic to I made this one, mods please move it if there is one already!

So, Frozen II was released today in the UK and I have just been to see it with my kid  :)

Some highlights:

Stunning CGI + artwork
A deeper (bit darker) storyline
A very tongue-in-cheek cheesy power ballad with Kristoff  :lol:
Oh - there is a mini Olaf sketch at the end of the loooong credits, so wait in the theatre!
Gorgeous costumes

Mildly Spoilery:

Spoiler
Poor Olaf  :cry:
Elsa riding the beautiful Nokk horse, stunningly rendered as water. Just look at the flowing mane!
Hans does appear in it BUT not quite to my satisfaction  :P
Anna says to Kristoff that she prefers him in leather  :angel:
Sven actually TALKS!!  :biggrin:

What were / are your thoughts?

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline starrynights

• Takara Fakie
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Tinsel Enthusiast, Fakie Fan
    • View Profile
Re: ** FROZEN II ** ~ ~ (please hide spoilers under tags)
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2019, 04:42:14 PM »
I'm not big into disney, but my niece loves frozen so I like it because it makes her happy.
We went and saw the movie yesterday, I'll put my thoughts under spoilers.
Spoiler
It was a lot more entertaining than the first one, it held my attention and I laughed at some of the jokes
I loved olaf and his darker sense of humor, he was great.
All the characters vibe together great
Wasn't a big fan of the music except for the song that also played during the credits and olafs song
I miss 2D animation

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2019, 09:20:47 AM »
So... does Elsa get a girlfriend? :P

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2019, 06:58:21 AM »
I liked it, but thought it felt disjointed compared to the first one.

Spoiler
Elsa does not get a girlfriend and I was very disappointed.  (She doesn't get a boyfriend either, however.)

My favorite parts were anything with the magic horse, lol.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Gator

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2019, 03:52:58 PM »
I was listening to a Josh Groban Christmas song on the radio on the way home from work today, and a thought popped into my head!  Idina Menzel is such a good singer, so is Groban, Disney should use him.  They could make a Frozen Three with Groban as a voice and love interest for Elsa.  They could do a great duet.

Offline caseysealia

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2019, 04:02:53 PM »
I was listening to a Josh Groban Christmas song on the radio on the way home from work today, and a thought popped into my head!  Idina Menzel is such a good singer, so is Groban, Disney should use him.  They could make a Frozen Three with Groban as a voice and love interest for Elsa.  They could do a great duet.
That would be nice!! Love to see that.

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2019, 04:05:37 PM »
I really enjoyed it, but not as much as I enjoyed the first one. I feel like the first Frozen has a lot of replay-ability? Like I wouldn't mind having it on in the background if I was doing something. But this one, I just don't see myself sitting down to watch it again. The plot is a lot more... heavy, I guess you would say? I really felt the weight of every single plot piece in it. Not that that's a bad thing! Like I said, I really enjoyed it. But it didn't come close to the first one, for me.

Spoiler
I feel like the problem with sequels (unless the first movie is specifically planned with sequels in mind) is that they always renege on the happy ending of the first movie. We established in the first movie that Elsa felt out of place in her world. That was the major character arc she had to get through, to find her place and be accepted by her people. Which happened. Then the major character arc in THIS movie is again that Elsa feels out of place in her world and has to find her place to be accepted?

I just get frustrated when sequels pull the "ACTUALLY..." card.

Also, while I am a total nut for everything in the 80's, including their movies and music, I have NO idea why they chose to parody an 80's love ballad for Kristoff? That makes no sense and it was VERY out of place in a classic fantasy world. It pulled me so hard out of the movie I felt like I had whiplash. What were they thinking?

Also I was kinda annoyed that they saved the kingdom from being washed away, in the end. It felt like a cheap cop-out when they spent a lot of time establishing that sometimes you have to pay a sacrifice for the horrors of the things done in the past. Especially when we know all the people were safely out of the kingdom and it would have been nice to see them rebuilding their society? Maybe working together, with help from the rock gnomes and the Northuldra?

Those are small complaints, though. Really I had a good time watching it. The animation was sooo pretty and I like that they gave everyone their own plots and character arcs to overcome. Olaf dealing with an existential crisis of existence was just so hilarious to me. Who would have thought they would give a character like that, that kind of issue?  :haha:
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline Zapper

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2019, 02:01:30 PM »
I saw it and I gotta say that I really did not like the first one. I was really apalled by the super annoying side characters and the fact that this so-called "girl power" movie was full of male characters that came in all shapes and sizes while the female characters where three clones with anime proportions.

The highlight of the first movie to me was the character of Elsa and "Let it Go" as well as the musical sequence when she shoots ice into Anna's heart. I kept on wishing to see more of Elsa.

The sequel dlivered this perfectly. Even more so, it put Elsa to the forefront with Anna as her logical back-up.
Spoiler
I enjoyed that Anna's romance was secondary and therefore Kristoff was secondary as well. The sisterly bond was the focus as it should have been in the first one and Anna was no longer portrayed as an overly naive little girl, that's character development. I never cared about Anna/Kristoff. He looks like he comes from a different movie and when he kisses Anna it looks like someone is kissing his waifu-pillow, sorry :P

The snowman was another problem in the first movie and in this one he was much better utilized. I laughed when he "died", knowing it was just a way to get him out of the movie for a while.

The first movie also had the mother as a voiceless standard Disney mombot while in this one she received much needed backstory and importance.

I even cried. Something that hasn't happened watching a Disney or Pixar movie since, I don't know... maybe during that first ten minutes of Pixar's "Up!" ?
The music was also stellar but I expected nothing less. I am so glad we didn't get another "Fixer Upper" type of song. Allthough of course the Snowman needed another number but this time it got improved by the plot progressing around him while in the first one his song was completely useless and stopped the movie in its tracks (just like Fixer Upper).
« Last Edit: December 22, 2019, 02:03:58 PM by Zapper »

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2019, 12:29:46 AM »
Spoiler
I laughed when he "died", knowing it was just a way to get him out of the movie for a while.

Oh man I'm glad it wasn't just me!  :haha:

When I told my friend that I laughed during Olaf's death scene, she was aghast. But man, Disney, if you want people to take your character death scenes seriously you gotta kill off some main character(s) at some point so we feel like there might actually be a threat of that sometimes.

As it stands now, I felt absolutely nothing watching Elsa and Olaf's 'deaths' because I knew full well you're not going to kill off the main character and the sidekick that features on 99% of all the merchandise.
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline Zapper

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2019, 10:11:31 AM »
Spoiler
I laughed when he "died", knowing it was just a way to get him out of the movie for a while.

Oh man I'm glad it wasn't just me!  :haha:

When I told my friend that I laughed during Olaf's death scene, she was aghast. But man, Disney, if you want people to take your character death scenes seriously you gotta kill off some main character(s) at some point so we feel like there might actually be a threat of that sometimes.

As it stands now, I felt absolutely nothing watching Elsa and Olaf's 'deaths' because I knew full well you're not going to kill off the main character and the sidekick that features on 99% of all the merchandise.

Yeah, for us adults it's pretty clear nobody important is going to get killed off. However, it was a little gutsy to do that to Elsa considering really small kids are watching as well.
At the same time it was a nice callback to the first movie.
Spoiler
It's like it was Elsa's turn to become an ice sculpture, lol.

Offline Satin Slipper

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2020, 09:09:43 PM »
So... does Elsa get a girlfriend? :P

Nope, but I heard of Give Elsa A Girlfriend Campaign
*Frolicking Away*

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2020, 07:22:29 PM »
I just watched this  for the first time today.

Spoiler
The original Frozen is one of my favorite movies. I really enjoyed this one as well although it didn't seem to flow well in a few places.

I liked that this movie explored Elsa and Anna's parents past and we found out why they set off for the journey that cost them their lives.

I loved the water horse and that Elsa is the 5th spirit.

The music was really great and lived up to the legacy of the first movie. There were a couple of songs that I thought weren't as good as the others in the film

I was not expecting Elsa to freeze or for Olaf to die. That was really sad.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dragon with the heart of a guinea pig
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2020, 08:51:51 PM »
I loved Frozen 2. Show Yourself is an amazing song that gets me going every time I listen to it and I just love the 80s feel Kristoff's song Lost in the Woods has.

Many thanks to FairieFalls for my sig image and many thanks to Shaiyeh for my avatar :art:

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2020, 01:43:23 PM »
Show Yourself was a great song. :D

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal