collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Toys That Made Us  (Read 14672 times)

Offline SaraMari

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: The Toys That Made Us
« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2019, 06:23:51 AM »
Yes that's what that is: a Bunnyhop prototype. it's a prototype Kirk has. He brought it to Pony Fair last year

One thing I thought was funny way how they took all that time showing how dark and scary RaMC (was it really a misstep? did it do poorly?) was then had Lauren Faust later saying "They live in cupcake houses" haha I guess they live in cupcakes in between battling centaur  monsters with demonic powers haha
« Last Edit: November 16, 2019, 06:25:58 AM by SaraMari »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: :heart: https://www.instagram.com/moonglowdreams  :heart: :heart:

Offline JazzMatazz

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • I'll interrogate the cat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2019, 06:42:34 AM »
I feel like they could of shown more of the prototype stuff and concepts like they did for just about every other episode
My Wishlist  Instagram
 Sun, Ultra Moon  FC: 5069-4168-6248  SW-8466-0948-3971

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2019, 06:52:38 AM »
Yes that's what that is: a Bunnyhop prototype. it's a prototype Kirk has. He brought it to Pony Fair last year

One thing I thought was funny way how they took all that time showing how dark and scary RaMC (was it really a misstep? did it do poorly?) was then had Lauren Faust later saying "They live in cupcake houses" haha I guess they live in cupcakes in between battling centaur  monsters with demonic powers haha

I was trying to figure out what she meant by cupcake houses but it occurs to me just now that she must have been referencing G3.5 ponyville.  That’s the only time I’ve seen anything that could be described as cupcake houses.  And it was what Hasbro had in stores at the time she was developing FIM.

I’ll add in my support for RAMC.  It was always my favorite.  But we have now idea what kind of feedback they got at the time.  They could have gotten a lot of parents say it was too scary.  Which would make sense as subsequent efforts turned down the scary factor.  Speaking of which, that is something I’d love to hear more about.. was it true that it was meant to be a full length or at least longer episode and it was cut due to money going elsewhere.

But as others have said, it was 44 minutes and only so much could be fit in.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2019, 07:03:17 AM by Sunset »

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #33 on: November 16, 2019, 09:53:01 AM »
Time ago I sent them pictures of my collection, and then I forgot it.

Today I received a text saying that one of my pics appears in the final credits  :lol:

I haven´t Netflix so I couldn´t see the episode (hope to find it in another website soon), but I´m happy to see my picture. The person that sent me the screenshots said its is the only collection from Argentina they showed  ^.^

I noticed it when I watched and cheered for you!! Hope you get to see the show soon.

I do think it was a little harsh on G2 but anyway we loved it  :biggrin:
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Prince_Sunbeam

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+52)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 16, 2019, 10:36:56 AM »
Time ago I sent them pictures of my collection, and then I forgot it.

Today I received a text saying that one of my pics appears in the final credits  :lol:

Congratulations!

The same exact thing happened to me!!
Back after at least 4 years away!

Offline Valerie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • ☼ I ❤ G3 ☼
    • View Profile
    • Valerie´s Pony Rainbow
« Reply #35 on: November 16, 2019, 11:27:13 AM »
Artemesia's Garden: Thank you!!!!  :flow:

I could watch it!!! I found it in a web page, if someone that hasn´t Netflixt want to watch it I can share the link (even though I don´t know if that is allowed here)  ^.^

Prince_Sunbeam:  :cheer: Is your pic in the show? wich one is yours?

And thanks for the congratulations  ;) ^.^

:sunny:   visitors can't see pics , please register or login
   :sunny:   

Valerie´s Pony Rainbow Tumblr - Instagram - Youtube
:heart:

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 16, 2019, 12:13:56 PM »
I just finished the episode. Overall I enjoyed it but there were a few things that I didn't like.

The joke with the pony falling over was funny the first few times but it was repeated a little too often for my taste.

I'm also a little confused why everyone that they interviewed said that RAMC wasn't what they had in mind for MLP. To me that episode established that the colorful ponies lived in a dangerous world where many creatures would not hesitate to enslave or destroy them.

FIM has always been hit or miss for me so I didn't enjoy Lauren's interview much or the fact that she said G4 Applejack is the exact same as G1 Applejack just with a cowboy hat and cowgirl ways.

I think the Fancy Mermaid babies they show in the advertisement are prototypes because Baby Pearly is a Peachy color instead of pink.  I didn't know that the original idea for MLP was all realistic horse colors.

I'm also a little sad that the UK comics weren't mentioned since some of the people they interviewed said that they "needed a story" to along with the toys.

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline JazzMatazz

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • I'll interrogate the cat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 16, 2019, 01:48:53 PM »

I'm also a little sad that the UK comics weren't mentioned since some of the people they interviewed said that they "needed a story" to along with the toys.

Perhaps that was all on a UK division of employees and not really on their radar? Or an outsourced license
My Wishlist  Instagram
 Sun, Ultra Moon  FC: 5069-4168-6248  SW-8466-0948-3971

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 16, 2019, 04:05:40 PM »
The RaMC and G2 hating makes me want to not watch this. I could barely make it through the He-Man episode where one of the guys said She-Ra killed He-Man's popularity...

They are entitled to their (misinformed) opinions but I don't have to sit through them either :P

Offline Mermaid

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 16, 2019, 10:41:45 PM »
I wonder if the Rainbow pony special was cancelled or scrapped after RAMC due to it being too scary as well and they went for something softer like escape from Catrina instead?

I realllllly wish they would have let the designers talk about the process a little more and what their personal favorites or ideas where as well as showing all those gorgeous prototypes and artwork!

The moon dreamer bunny is adorable! I wonder what that yellow moose/deer is though?!
Thanks to calico star for my avatar!

Offline kingluke

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • The Great King of Lucia
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 17, 2019, 02:32:02 AM »
I just watched it and liked it.
It was nice to learn about the creators and the metal washer mystery.
The narrating went from okay, to kind of annoying sometimes, but what can you do.
Overall it was good, but i would have liked the episode to focus more on the ponies themselves and less about the creators. Plus I'm glad they didn't hype up the prices, like: Is your pony worth 200 dollars?! That should help us at least :)
Lover of Windwhistler

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 17, 2019, 06:26:36 AM »
I wonder if the Rainbow pony special was cancelled or scrapped after RAMC due to it being too scary as well and they went for something softer like escape from Catrina instead?

wasn't that animation actually from the TV advert for the rainbow ponies...? I've always assumed there WAS no "rainbow pony special", they just knew they'd be making another MLP cartoon in the future (or thought it was a safe enough bet that they would, lol) and used that animation because it was new/handy/whatever.

Offline Safflower

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Whatever shall I put here? (she/her)
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 17, 2019, 08:05:49 AM »
I’ve watched it and sat with it for a bit, and honestly, I just feel disappointed. It was ok, but not what I was expecting. I was hoping for some new info or looks at prototypes or like luke said, for them to focus on the ponies? All we got really was the washers. It was still a nice watch regardless.

。.:☆*:・~celestial ponies are best ponies~・:*☆:.
~thanks to the wonderful Griffin for my sig!~

Offline Chibiskittles

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Meow!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 17, 2019, 08:47:19 AM »
i personally didnt like the pacing, they spent way too much time discussing "who created the ponies" for example, and not enough time focusing on the actual product.

But it was interesting to know that Hasbro was predominately a boy toy driven company prior to MLP and that we sort of changed their minds on that.  xD
I play World of Warcraft -WAY- too much.
after fifteen -THOUSAND- posts, I now haunt the Arena woodwork  :lol:
http://chibiskittles.tumblr.com/
~I make pretty things with yarn~

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 17, 2019, 08:55:51 AM »
I did like it.  It’s entertaining.

I do think the amount of editing of interviews they did was over the top.  I suspect that some points of view got twisted to fit a narrative.

As for being too scary, I thing My Little Pony and Friends was also pretty scary at times.  If it was that bad, why keep it up for years?
« Last Edit: November 17, 2019, 08:58:03 AM by brightberry »
Sig art by SquarePeg!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal