collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Anti-haul: gave away 100+ blind bags  (Read 1253 times)

Offline Violet CLM

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Sunset Shimmer did nothing wrong
    • View Profile
Anti-haul: gave away 100+ blind bags
« on: November 16, 2019, 04:18:51 PM »
Hi folks--it's been a couple years since I last posted here! My blind bag collection has been languishing for a while now, with no new additions since 2015, a time when I was gradually transitioning into caring more about brushables instead. And then all the molds got replaced because of the movie and I lost interest altogether. I've sold a few since then, but there were always just so many blind bags to process, mostly acquired one by one individually, that putting them all on eBay always seemed like too time-consuming an endeavor and so nothing ever happened.

Today I took almost all of them to a local "free market" (like a flea market but everything is free), and happily watched for the next three hours as they all found new homes. Most were taken by adults getting presents for their daughters or granddaughters, though there was an elementary school teacher who took a lot of them to give to her students as prizes for good behavior, and a 20-something woman who seemed enchanted by each new name I told her (particularly Sassaflash), and another young woman who was actually familiar with the characters and really liked Trixie. The best, though, was a maybe 5-year-old girl who kept taking a few, asking me what they were called, giving them to her parents to hold onto, wandering off, then returning some minutes later to take a few more. At one point her father had his hands overflowing with ponies and ended up transferring a lot into his shirt pocket.

So yeah! It was a really fun time, and I hope they all go to good homes that give them more attention than I've managed to provide of late. And I kept most of the mane 6, and all my Minuette figures, and most of my prototypes and all my fakies. They may or may not be kept forever but I think I deserve a break now. :)

Offline Pumpkin_Tart

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Anti-haul: gave away 100+ blind bags
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2019, 04:36:11 PM »
Wow! That's very generous of you to give away that many blind bags! I am sure you made a lot of people happy!

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2019, 07:11:47 PM »
That was very nice of you to do that! Do they even still make those?

Offline shabbychicdee

• Trade Count: (+85)
  • MOC Mimic
  • professional thrifter and treasure hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2019, 11:05:25 PM »
that is fantastic well done, your an inspiration, i remember you too so welcome back, i was nuts on BB too back then, all gone now in my de-hoaring movement ;)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

seeking retro MLP and Care Bear tin lunch boxes
wanted list
for trade

Offline Pheasant

• She's a daydreamer
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2019, 07:01:09 PM »
I remember you, welcome back!

Sounds like you made a lot of people very happy; that was an awesome thing to do. :)
Mimic on MLPTP

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal