collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Lil Woodzees  (Read 1420 times)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Lil Woodzees
« on: November 13, 2019, 09:21:50 AM »
Have you guys seen these? They're like Calico Critters but cheaper and still incredibly detailed. I snagged The Farmers Market and Flower Store playsets for $22.99 and $12.99.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Nemesis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Material Girl
    • View Profile
Re: Lil Woodzees
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2019, 09:24:26 AM »
I collect them rabidly. :D I have every family except for the new cat set (which I will be getting soon), plus a few playsets. They’re so round and cute. :3 The shape really sets them apart from Sylvanians, IMO.
🌈⭐️Check out my wishlist! Seeking all generations of ponies, Fashion Star Fillies, Magic Meadow Ponies, REMCO ponies, Sweetie Pups/Kitties, cutesy 80s/90s toys, and more!🦄🌙

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2019, 10:18:49 AM »
https://www.deviantart.com/littlekunai/art/Lil-Woodzees-Flower-Store-Playset-820175996

Here's my daughter's set up of the Flower Store.

Will get one of the Hoppin Farmer's Market later. That one I MUST have. Pity there wasn't a second one at Target

Offline Ragamuffin

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2019, 10:30:02 AM »
Not really a fan of them. I don't look the squat look of the animals, and the accessories and buildings look too "plasticy", I prefer the "realness" of Sylvanian Families. It's just a preference thing for me.

I will, however, commend them on the detail. It's a really good value, you get so many fully-painted accessories for a really good price. As you said, the flower shop was only $13? And it came with so many accessories and bits. I was looking at the ice cream parlor earlier this year for research purposes and it was super detailed as well, it came with like forty or so different parts, again, all fully painted, and they seem to be unique. I was looking into it because Woodzeez are in a similar price range as MLP, and with G4s, the 2017 Movie 2-pony sets were like $14-16 each. Capper and Rarity, for example, came with a lantern, glasses, measuring tape, and a vanity. That's it. Granted you do get figures with it, but Capper is lazily painted and Rarity is a pony everyone already has.

You can compare this with a bigger MLP playset as well, like the FiM Collection Canterlot Castle. Ugh. I hate that thing. It's $40 and comes with maybe 10 accessories, all solid-coloured too, if I recall correctly. Woodzeez should be the standard of quality with kids' toys. I may not care for it personally, but it's a darn good deal.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2019, 10:32:39 AM by Ragamuffin »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2019, 12:25:49 PM »
Not really a fan of them. I don't look the squat look of the animals, and the accessories and buildings look too "plasticy", I prefer the "realness" of Sylvanian Families. It's just a preference thing for me.

I will, however, commend them on the detail. It's a really good value, you get so many fully-painted accessories for a really good price. As you said, the flower shop was only $13? And it came with so many accessories and bits. I was looking at the ice cream parlor earlier this year for research purposes and it was super detailed as well, it came with like forty or so different parts, again, all fully painted, and they seem to be unique. I was looking into it because Woodzeez are in a similar price range as MLP, and with G4s, the 2017 Movie 2-pony sets were like $14-16 each. Capper and Rarity, for example, came with a lantern, glasses, measuring tape, and a vanity. That's it. Granted you do get figures with it, but Capper is lazily painted and Rarity is a pony everyone already has.

You can compare this with a bigger MLP playset as well, like the FiM Collection Canterlot Castle. Ugh. I hate that thing. It's $40 and comes with maybe 10 accessories, all solid-coloured too, if I recall correctly. Woodzeez should be the standard of quality with kids' toys. I may not care for it personally, but it's a darn good deal.

It actually is really good quality. The plastic is thick and has a decent amount of heft to it. Its nicely colored.

She loves her two new playsets.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2019, 09:39:16 AM »

Offline StayGoldPonyboy

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2019, 10:49:00 PM »
I really want the frog family! And I’ve been eyeing the flower shop even though I have no real use for it haha

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal