collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Let’s talk Glow N Show’s  (Read 2819 times)

Offline cloud_weaver

• Trade Count: (+126)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Let’s talk Glow N Show’s
« on: November 13, 2019, 08:44:55 AM »
I’d like to talk a little bit about the different glowing shows. ☺️

What is the standard release of each version? And what are the different variants? 

Please feel free to post pictures of your collection!!!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you LunaCat for my Kirin Cloud Weaver!
Cloudie’s Wish List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396949
Cloudie’s TRADE List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396962

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Re: Let’s talk Glow N Show’s
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2019, 02:02:39 PM »
I love this set. I didn't realize till I found the pony community that Dazzleglow came with blue hearts in the US and all pink in the UK.

I had Daz as a kid and an adult. I bought the lovely Brightglow for my daughter. (I like her too.) I'm still searching for Starglow.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2019, 02:43:53 PM »
We called them Glowing Magic (which I mention cos it's interesting that's also how they're called in the MLP Tales series. One reason I think that cartoon may have been made for the European market...)

So the variations I have are...

Dazzleglow (3)

- Pink and blue hair, pink hearts (found in the UK)
-(fading) pink and aqua hair, pink hearts (From US)
- Fading pink and aqua hair, blue hearts (from US)

Starglow (3 - one is my sister's)
 - image is 1st and 3rd.
- dark pink and yellow hair (rough texture - this is my sister;s childhood pony)
- dark pink and yellow hair (silky texture - from the US)
- coral and yellow hair (from the US)

Happyglow (2 I think)

Aqua and white hair
Blue and white hair (I think this is my sister's from new)

Brightglow (2 I think)

Lavender (curly) and dark pink (straight) hair (my childhood pony)
Purple (darker I think) and dark pink (all straight, should be silky but the pony is basically wrecked - from US)

There are a lot of sets from this year/around this year with a bunch of variations though, not just Glowing magics. The Pocket ponies have a ton of them too...

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline nhal039

• Trade Count: (+171)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2019, 05:02:57 PM »
I have quite a few different dazzleglows, one of my favorite ponies ever.
Building taffata's bunch
- Pink and blue hair, pink hearts (found in the UK).... there is also a fading pink hair and blue version
-(fading) pink and aqua hair, pink hearts (From US)... body colours can range from pink in colour to orange, I have an orange girl that is closer to happy glows colour than dazzles. I don't believe the body is faded at all but the variance in colour is more likely due to the plastics being mix at the end/ start of lines
- Fading pink and aqua hair, blue hearts (from US)

Offline poniesthatsparkle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
  • TAF Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2019, 05:04:12 PM »
Starglow was one of my very first ponies! I grew up with G3, but my older sister was around for the final years of G1. Her only pony was Starglow (and a Remco fakie) and at some point Starglow was given to me when I was little. She's always been a favorite of mine.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2019, 05:14:58 PM »
Starglow was one of my very first ponies! I grew up with G3, but my older sister was around for the final years of G1. Her only pony was Starglow (and a Remco fakie) and at some point Starglow was given to me when I was little. She's always been a favorite of mine.

She's stunning.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline nhal039

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2019, 05:24:31 PM »
With starglows body colour there is a blue version and a green version : ) As far as I can tell the blue version was only available in the us

Offline poniesthatsparkle

• Rainbow Curl Pony
  • TAF Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2019, 05:48:22 PM »
With starglows body colour there is a blue version and a green version : ) As far as I can tell the blue version was only available in the us

My Starglow was purchased in the US, and she's a very dark shade of green in person. She's also more translucent than other Starglows I've seen.

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2019, 05:49:24 PM »
Here are my Dazzleglow and Starglow. I got both from someone in Canada

Dazzleglow is the fading pink/aqua hair blue hearts version

This is my Starglow.

For some reason I originally had Starglow and Dazzleglow's names mixed up so I thought that Starglow was the unicorn and Dazzleglow was the pegasus. :lol: 

I am still missing the other 2.

I love that they appeared in MLP tales. :)

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline MJNSEIFER

• Scribbles Pony
  • Brony For All Ponies
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2019, 05:58:14 PM »
I love the Glow N Shows - their beautiful design along with there mysterious-ish appearance on My Little Pony Tales makes them so inspiring to me.

They are definitely ponies I wish I had as a kid (I'll collect them now if I find them, but I would have loved to have grown up with them, but hey, never too late to appreciate something, right?)
I will confess to being a brony, but I assure you that the things you may not like about them do not apply to me, I mostly keep the fandom name due to nostaligia, but I do genuinely love MLP as a whole, not just FIM, and not just the popularity of FIM - I genuinely love the show (and all the others)

Offline Nemesis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Material Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2019, 06:02:28 PM »
I’ve never seen a Glow N Show I didn’t absolutely love. <3 They’re my favorite style of MLP, period. I love that every one of them is truly unique!

I’m really enjoying seeing everyone’s collections, too! Thanks for sharing, guys! :)
🌈⭐️Check out my wishlist! Seeking all generations of ponies, Fashion Star Fillies, Magic Meadow Ponies, REMCO ponies, Sweetie Pups/Kitties, cutesy 80s/90s toys, and more!🦄🌙

Offline nhal039

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2019, 06:36:48 PM »

My Starglow was purchased in the US, and she's a very dark shade of green in person. She's also more translucent than other Starglows I've seen.

sorry I sold have clarified both the green and blue where released in the us, it took me ages to find the blue one, I was told she was only found in the us and that is where I ended up getting her from

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2019, 08:50:20 PM »
I have just 5 glow in shows one with the blue hearts and one with pink hearts. I think Dazzleglow. I like them all they look neat as a set together.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2019, 03:07:52 AM »

sorry I sold have clarified both the green and blue where released in the us, it took me ages to find the blue one, I was told she was only found in the us and that is where I ended up getting her from

The problem with this is how you define blue and green. My sister grew up with Starglow as a childhood pony, I would always call her pony blue...that said, she's probably blue with a hint of green...if that makes sense. I would probably not know how to spot a "blue" Starglow since I wouldn't call any of the ones I've had "green". Maybe dark blue-green in some cases, but never "green".

There are definitely body colour differences (blue heart Daz is the most obvious) but I personally find it easier with the hair.

My two Starglows are both from the US, one with the coral and one with the pink - but I haven't really compared my pink hair one to my sister's to see if there's a colour difference.

On the subject of this set and releases - my theory about why the US has more variations generally than the UK on these is that they began in the US (which they did) and then somewhere in the middle production changed. The UK and maybe Europe came in after so generally missed the original release style (this explains blue heart Daz not making it to the UK etc).

But there is another complication with these which is that a lot of (not all) European bought ones have distinctly different hair texture that has a tendency to go rough, unlike the US ones that are silkier. So the pink in my Dazzleglow's hair from here in the UK will not fade, but her hair is quite rough at the ends, hence I braided her up...

And the two Dazzles from the US - pink and blue hearts - both have silky hair, but the pink they have in the hair is fading pink.

I am convinced there exist more...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2019, 06:32:25 AM »
There's also the Starglow with white hair instead of pink. I think 2 have been found, one loose and one MOC.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal