collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pony Life and G4.5  (Read 33183 times)

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
Re: My Little Pony: Pony Life (Announcement)
« Reply #45 on: November 13, 2019, 02:46:20 PM »
You know what's funny is Bronies HATED g3.5 saying "g4 is sooo superior to g3! At least g4 will never be like newborn cuties!! GrOsS!!" *2019 this exists*

I nipped on over to one of the forums, a lot of them don't seem all that thrilled either. Funny, I thought they ate this sorta thing up?
Nope, only when it's mature and for their adult sensibilities. This just looks like, like, a *kids* show. :0
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 13, 2019, 02:49:19 PM »
You know what's funny is Bronies HATED g3.5 saying "g4 is sooo superior to g3! At least g4 will never be like newborn cuties!! GrOsS!!" *2019 this exists*

I nipped on over to one of the forums, a lot of them don't seem all that thrilled either. Funny, I thought they ate this sorta thing up?
Nope, only when it's mature and for their adult sensibilities. This just looks like, like, a *kids* show. :0

:rolleyes:
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Al-1701

• Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 13, 2019, 02:50:37 PM »
Wait!  Those things are bobbleheads?!
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #48 on: November 13, 2019, 02:52:45 PM »
The bronies are very angry.
They are so angry.

You know what? I'm perfectly fine with this ugly art style and animation if it makes the bronies mad. :P

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline Nemesis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Material Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 13, 2019, 02:53:36 PM »

Wait... I don’t really see how these resemble Newborn Cuties at all. Newborn Cuties had waaaay cuter toys... They had lower jaws, too. XP

oh haha very funny but hey....a bit soon for April fools day don't you think  :|

but seriously a little tear just welled up in my eye and im not that sensitive about what hasrbo does but gosh darn it. any ways I watch TTG with my kids, they love it so i won't be surprised if they got into that toon  :lookround:
just so disappointing to a lot of us collectors out there wanting something new and refreshing :cry:

This is pretty much how I feel... If kids love these, that’s what really matters. I hate the idea of trying to force my taste (or my generation’s taste) on the kids of today. Obviously they’re going to have their own fads and interests... It’s okay if those interests aren’t the same as what we (the adult MLP collectors) liked when we were their age.

...But as an adult collector, I’m sad for myself and for others who wanted something different. I’m disappointed... ...but I’m not ANGRY. I don’t want MLP to cater to me... I want it to be a brand that kids will love for generations to come, even if it changes many times in the process.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2019, 02:56:10 PM by Nemesis »
🌈⭐️Check out my wishlist! Seeking all generations of ponies, Fashion Star Fillies, Magic Meadow Ponies, REMCO ponies, Sweetie Pups/Kitties, cutesy 80s/90s toys, and more!🦄🌙

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #50 on: November 13, 2019, 02:58:12 PM »
I feel like I've been emotionally worn out by the lack of creativity in G4 for a while now, and also that I feel like G4 has essentially destroyed the core of what My Little Pony was (a toyline for kids).

If this is 4.5 or 5, it makes no difference to me. It's ugly and I won't be buying or watching, but then I didn't watch more than the first couple of seasons of FIM because it did nothing for me...and I got tired of the toys with the new moulds and the endless m6...so it's not really a change for me somehow?

However making the bronies understand their place in the pony world might be a bonus. They are not THE fans of MLP. They are SOME fans of ONE generation of MLP and toys and shows and things move on. They can be angry. Let them be. Some G1 fans were angry at G2 coming out. Some weren't. By G3 we were over it and they'll need to get over it too, if they want to stay part of the fandom.

MLP is for kids. This is for kids. It may involve poop. That seems popular still right now.

Frankly if that's the case, I'm glad these are the FIM characters being brought right down to base level. But to think that this is associated with MLP makes 3.5 suddenly look really amazing...

Which is a bit sad...

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 13, 2019, 03:03:30 PM »
Yes I realize that about fart jokes, that's why I'm so afraid. I'm very sensitive to any mentions of smelly bodily functions.
I wanted to say I can smell this artstyle...ugh.

Very ugly. Very wrong. Not MLP. But...bronies will know what "two cartoons, one gen" is now, right?

Nope. Because this would possibly be the third cartoon. They have FiM and EQG and some of them still stubbornly cling to the idea that Tales is G2.

Post Merge: November 13, 2019, 03:04:53 PM

I feel like I've been emotionally worn out by the lack of creativity in G4 for a while now, and also that I feel like G4 has essentially destroyed the core of what My Little Pony was (a toyline for kids).

If this is 4.5 or 5, it makes no difference to me. It's ugly and I won't be buying or watching, but then I didn't watch more than the first couple of seasons of FIM because it did nothing for me...and I got tired of the toys with the new moulds and the endless m6...so it's not really a change for me somehow?

However making the bronies understand their place in the pony world might be a bonus. They are not THE fans of MLP. They are SOME fans of ONE generation of MLP and toys and shows and things move on. They can be angry. Let them be. Some G1 fans were angry at G2 coming out. Some weren't. By G3 we were over it and they'll need to get over it too, if they want to stay part of the fandom.

MLP is for kids. This is for kids. It may involve poop. That seems popular still right now.

Frankly if that's the case, I'm glad these are the FIM characters being brought right down to base level. But to think that this is associated with MLP makes 3.5 suddenly look really amazing...

Which is a bit sad...

I'll say it involves poop! Just like, more in the metaphorical sense yanno.  :P
« Last Edit: November 13, 2019, 03:06:31 PM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 13, 2019, 03:05:03 PM »
The bronies are very angry.
They are so angry.

You know what? I'm perfectly fine with this ugly art style and animation if it makes the bronies mad. :P
I can at least take solace in that.

Maybe I need to sit back and think of what was popular when I was a kid.  My mean, teams of humanoid animals that spouted cheesy one-liners and embodied some kind of "cool" lifestyle.  The previous generation probably thought we were insane for liking it.

However, since MLP seems only able to do one thing at a time, the fact we get this hurts.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline caseysealia

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 13, 2019, 03:05:54 PM »

Wait... I don’t really see how these resemble Newborn Cuties at all. Newborn Cuties had waaaay cuter toys... They had lower jaws, too. XP

oh haha very funny but hey....a bit soon for April fools day don't you think  :|

but seriously a little tear just welled up in my eye and im not that sensitive about what hasrbo does but gosh darn it. any ways I watch TTG with my kids, they love it so i won't be surprised if they got into that toon  :lookround:
just so disappointing to a lot of us collectors out there wanting something new and refreshing :cry:

This is pretty much how I feel... If kids love these, that’s what really matters. I hate the idea of trying to force my taste (or my generation’s taste) on the kids of today. Obviously they’re going to have their own fads and interests... It’s okay if those interests aren’t the same as what we (the adult MLP collectors) liked when we were their age.

...But as an adult collector, I’m sad for myself and for others who wanted something different. I’m disappointed... ...but I’m not ANGRY. I don’t want MLP to cater to me... I want it to be a brand that kids will love for generations to come, even if it changes many times in the process.
No but they both have the bad  transitional... In between gens designs that Habro is known for.... As for them not liking it, it does kinda look g3.5 ish, at least to me. (g3.5 was waaaay better though) its just funny because they hated g3 as a whole JUST because of that. Now their "perfect" "mature" g4 is going through the same thing...
« Last Edit: November 13, 2019, 03:09:46 PM by caseysealia »

Offline Spectrum

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • no bass in the jazz room
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 13, 2019, 03:08:51 PM »
What.

Offline Gator

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 13, 2019, 03:10:27 PM »
I agree with ponyfan about this video.  If I had a young child, I wouldn't want them listening to "feeling good as hell" repeated over and over and over again, then going off to school or something and repeating that.

Offline Nemesis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Material Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 13, 2019, 03:20:22 PM »
I agree with ponyfan about this video.  If I had a young child, I wouldn't want them listening to "feeling good as hell" repeated over and over and over again, then going off to school or something and repeating that.

Exactly! :shocked: That song was a terrible choice, and I can’t believe it made it into the final video. :/

No but they both have the bad  transitional... In between gens designs that Habro is known for.... As for them not liking it, it does kinda look g3.5 ish, at least to me. (g3.5 was waaaay better though) its just funny because they hated g3 as a whole JUST because of that. Now their "perfect" "mature" g4 is going through the same thing...

It’s funny to me that G3.5 would have been so hated on by G4 fans, since (IMO) G4s just look like slimmed-down G3.5s. :P
🌈⭐️Check out my wishlist! Seeking all generations of ponies, Fashion Star Fillies, Magic Meadow Ponies, REMCO ponies, Sweetie Pups/Kitties, cutesy 80s/90s toys, and more!🦄🌙

Offline caseysealia

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 13, 2019, 03:23:53 PM »

Exactly! :shocked: That song was a terrible choice, and I can’t believe it made it into the final video. :/

It’s funny to me that G3.5 would have been so hated on by G4 fans, since (IMO) G4s just look like slimmed-down G3.5s. :P
Exactly! Must of been the how they acted or the animation?

Offline CloudyGlow

• Trade Count: (+16)
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 13, 2019, 03:25:29 PM »

Exactly! Must of been the how they acted or the animation?

It's more exagerated and cartoonish. They all act like they're Pinkie Pie.

Offline Ragamuffin

• View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #59 on: November 13, 2019, 03:28:14 PM »

Style is a small part of it. I think the main issue why G3.5s are "so bad" is because it's so "girly", and girly is bad! Good thing G4, the best generation, is not girly at all! Pink and glitter and rainbows is bad! But G4 is for GROWN UPS!! It does NOT have "glitter" or "pink" or "rainbows" or "tea parties" and the characters never "giggled" or cared about "fashion". ;) Writing plays a part too, to be fair.

But I saw some bronies around say, in reaction to the *toy design* "Well, it looks better than G3! I'll accept any pony that isn't a G1 or G3" like what? Do you have any reasoning for that? Is it because they look like horses? Are you so anti-G3 you've become blind to what actually looks good? XD

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal