collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Question about Nintendo Switch Lite Upadated I now own a full Switch Console  (Read 3930 times)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
I asked around. You can attach a pro controller to the switch lite.

Post Merge: December 11, 2019, 08:27:04 AM

I'm not sure what causes it, frequent use? My sisters have the switch every day and they played Splatoon 2 a ton. Suddenly, it made it very hard for me to play SSBU.

Somebody took it apart and said they used a graphite contact. The graphite wears down with use and the inputs don't work well anymore. I'm not keen on getting one because of that issue. With a Switch, you at least have the benefit of buying optional controllers. What would you do with a Lite aside from send it in for repairs? And we are starting to experience the drifting and our Switch isn't even a year old.

There's a lawsuit or whatever going on (I don't know the terms haha) over this, and the document said that exactly is going on with the Joy-Cons. Something is being rubbed off which causes it to drift in-game. It's not just "frequent use", it all depends on if you're lucky or not; some people have opened a fresh box and they started drifting almost immediately. It's a huge design flaw and Nintendo has done nothing about it. They don't even mention it outright anywhere or acknowledge that there's some sort of problem. They just offer repair services for Joy-Cons for free.

I've been lucky... I've had no issues with my controllers, but I prevent myself from buying any more because I don't want to spend $80 on new colours just for the drifting issue to happen shortly after.

Yeah I know. I simply found it less expensive to buy a corded pro controller and snes8bitdo then send it to Nintendo or buy a new joycon pair.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2019, 08:27:04 AM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Titan Pony
    • View Profile
I'm not sure what causes it, frequent use? My sisters have the switch every day and they played Splatoon 2 a ton. Suddenly, it made it very hard for me to play SSBU.

Somebody took it apart and said they used a graphite contact. The graphite wears down with use and the inputs don't work well anymore. I'm not keen on getting one because of that issue. With a Switch, you at least have the benefit of buying optional controllers. What would you do with a Lite aside from send it in for repairs? And we are starting to experience the drifting and our Switch isn't even a year old.

There's a lawsuit or whatever going on (I don't know the terms haha) over this, and the document said that exactly is going on with the Joy-Cons. Something is being rubbed off which causes it to drift in-game. It's not just "frequent use", it all depends on if you're lucky or not; some people have opened a fresh box and they started drifting almost immediately. It's a huge design flaw and Nintendo has done nothing about it. They don't even mention it outright anywhere or acknowledge that there's some sort of problem. They just offer repair services for Joy-Cons for free.

I've been lucky... I've had no issues with my controllers, but I prevent myself from buying any more because I don't want to spend $80 on new colours just for the drifting issue to happen shortly after.

Knock on wood, I’ve not have trouble with my joy cons
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

A mother pony can be protective of her young just like dogs.

Friend Code: SW-4221-8531-0056

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Thanks everyone. I had to look up the drifting issue because I had never heard of it before but it sounds like the control sticks stop working and then slide around on their own making things happen during your game that you don't mean to happen?

Right now I only have Mario Kart 8 but really want Mario Odyssey and Luigi's Mansion 3. :D

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Nemesis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Material Girl
    • View Profile
Thanks for the exposition on the controller issues, everyone. That’s a really shocking oversight on Nintendo’s part... I can’t believe they didn’t catch it before mass production. :shrug:

I have two official Smash controllers that haven’t seen much use yet—I’m assuming this issue is just with the joycons, right? I want to know if I should keep an eye on my other controllers as well... :/

Anyway, they’re doing free repair, huh? Is there a time limit on the warranty?
🌈⭐️Check out my wishlist! Seeking all generations of ponies, Fashion Star Fillies, Magic Meadow Ponies, REMCO ponies, Sweetie Pups/Kitties, cutesy 80s/90s toys, and more!🦄🌙

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
Another question, is a Switch easy to set up? I had planned to just unplug my Wii U and use the same AV cables for the Switch but it looks like the way it hooks up to a TV is completely different?

Ponyfan

Offline Ragamuffin

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Another question, is a Switch easy to set up? I had planned to just unplug my Wii U and use the same AV cables for the Switch but it looks like the way it hooks up to a TV is completely different?
Ponyfan

I've never used my Switch docked... I'm sure it's not too hard...

I have two official Smash controllers that haven’t seen much use yet—I’m assuming this issue is just with the joycons, right? I want to know if I should keep an eye on my other controllers as well... :/

Anyway, they’re doing free repair, huh? Is there a time limit on the warranty?

Yeah it's just the Joy-Cons and the Switch Lite joysticks. Pro controllers should be okay. They used to have a one-year warranty but ever since the legal issues they've been offering them for free to anyone regardless of how long you've had your Switch. :lol:

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
I think I figured out how to plug in the Switch to the TV but my HDMI port on the TV is on the opposite side from the power strip and I'm not sure if the AC adapter will reach.

Can anyone recommend a good case to store the Switch in when it's not being used?

Ponyfan

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile

Ponyfan

Incredibly easy to set up. But then, Nintendo's consoles generally aren't complicated. Just plug it in, let it charge for the reccomended amount of time and fire it up.

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
Thanks Leave a Whisper. :) I am hoping to try setting up TV mode really soon.

Here's the case I bought to hold my Switch when I'm not using it.

I'm having to let it air out first though because it has a strange burned rubber like smell to it. :(

Ponyfan

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Bummer

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
I picked up Mario Odyssey  today. :D I just played in handheld mode today and I can already see what you guys were talking about more features available in TV mode than in handheld mode.

My case doesn't smell as bad now.

Ponyfan

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
I picked up Mario Odyssey  today. :D I just played in handheld mode today and I can already see what you guys were talking about more features available in TV mode than in handheld mode.

My case doesn't smell as bad now.

Ponyfan

Still haven't got that one yet. How is it? Is it fun?

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
It's fun so far but I can already tell that I missed some stuff by trying handheld mode first. I'm just a few levels in and Mario has already transformed in to a frog a dinosaur and a chain chomp. :D

The levels so far are open world instead of the traditional 1-1 1-2, 1-3 etc... levels.

Ponyfan

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal