collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ponyville Ciderfest 2019  (Read 1276 times)

Offline lordalexander74

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
Ponyville Ciderfest 2019
« on: November 11, 2019, 02:40:27 PM »
First time at this con. Had some vacation time to spare, and Ciderfest was the only con left this year. That and I've got a cousin in Milwaukee who I haven't seen in years.

$200 for a round trip flight, can't beat that. Only drawback was the way home, 6ish hours of waiting in MKE and Atlanta airports. Least the flight back to Nashville arrived at the same time it left.

Roommates were cool, hung out a few times before/during the con itself.

VIPs:

Spoiler
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Spoiler

Met Big Jim and Claire. Jim asked me what I thought of G4's finale, I said it was rough and I couldn't watch it anymore without weeping.

Loot:

Spoiler

Various G4 blindbags

Spoiler

Some G3 spiderpones

Spoiler
Spoiler

Con-themed glassware and a tiny glass boot. Also got a bottle of cider, was a collab between the Cider House of Wisconsin and PVCF. Gonna share it with friends this weekend.

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

PaperPony's no longer going to cons due to a new job situation. Had to grab an AJ shadowbox. Con VIP poster signed by a few guests.
Sunni Westbrook's PVCF badge. She and Claire tossed theirs at the audience during closing ceremonies, me and two others grabbed Sunni's at the same time. They let me have it, thankfully.
<3 Andy Price's sense of humor. Gave him the prompt "Pineapplejack" for a sketch.

Spoiler

Obligatory Fallout Equestria loot. Artbooks, a Littlepip scarf, a Wandering Sunrise plush, and Dead Tree v2. Fun fact, Fiaura got that novel declared a legal parody by the state of Virginia. Sent in the legal paperwork while Hasbro was busy with S9, and they didn't notice until it was too late. Think she said something about Dead Tree being in the Library of Congress.

Spoiler

Plushies of course. Muffins, MLP MSP and PVCF mascots. Got a thing for collecting con mascot plushies even though I have no room for them.

Food:

Spoiler
Spoiler

Peanut butter/bacon burger from AJ Bombers. Surprisingly good, I tend to go for exotic and unique flavors, this didn't disappoint. And those fried cheese curds were amazing!
AJ Bombers is a great restaurant. They have these zeppelins on rails that drop a payload of peanuts into bowls.

Spoiler

Build a Breakfast burrito. PVCF's moving to a new venue next year, only a few blocks from here.

Spoiler

Bavarian wurst platter at Maders.

Spoiler

And finally a pic of the ballroom at the Hilton, where PVCF will be held next year. Almost too fancy for a pony con, there was talk about renaming the con Canterlot Ciderfest.

Overall had a 11/10 experience at PVCF, gonna try to go again next year.
Thanks to Lunacat for the lovely art

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
Re: Ponyville Ciderfest 2019
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2019, 05:25:34 PM »
It looks like you had a great time.  Love your new plushies!  I know what you mean being short of room but they are so worth it. Congrats and thanks for sharing :D

Offline lordalexander74

• Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2019, 11:51:49 AM »
No prob, was a lot of fun.
Only me and one other were bidding on those G3's. I stuck with it, I've got plenty of room to display them. I actually like older MLP toys, more character variety and they're more equine-shaped than their G4 relatives.
There was a G3 Cheerilee in the auction, but it was in a lot with other G4 stuff for whatever reason, so I passed on it.

Offline OleGrayMane

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
  • A Third Act Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2019, 03:27:47 PM »
Glad you had lots of fun and unique experiences.
Hope to make PVCF myself one of these years...

Offline lordalexander74

• Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2019, 04:09:16 PM »
Smaller cons are a lot more intimate. Feels more like a family gathering rather than a clustered hivemind. Bronycon this year was a crowded mess... Wonder what Trotcon's gonna be like, the con venue hotel's sold out, as is the reserve hotel block.

Offline OleGrayMane

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
  • A Third Act Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2019, 05:34:02 AM »
Smaller cons are a lot more intimate. Feels more like a family gathering rather than a clustered hivemind. Bronycon this year was a crowded mess... Wonder what Trotcon's gonna be like, the con venue hotel's sold out, as is the reserve hotel block.

Our whole family, and some friends, have gone the past two years: it's been small and, compared to the past gatherings they've had, a bit "slow".

However, for 2020, it's anybody's guess! I preparing for it to be a zoo, not of the BC magnitude, but one decent enough.

Offline lordalexander74

• Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2019, 01:09:21 PM »
I'm guessing it's gonna get crowded. Trotcon's the closest con to the east coast that's been around for a while. There's a newer con in Maryland or Jersey that started a year or two ago.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal