collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Price check on the family sets = the UK exclusives - help  (Read 1154 times)

Offline maycrestmom

• Trade Count: (+114)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Price check on the family sets = the UK exclusives - help
« on: November 07, 2019, 08:49:23 AM »
So I am so out of pricing MLP

was looking to rehome all three of my Euro family sets

the pink, the yellow and the white ones

think they are berrytown, sunshine and meadowsweet?  Or maybe that is just individual pony names (sorry it has been awhile)

anyhow I will be back with pictures = but thanks in advance for pricing help

and YES to arena-peeps get preference to adopting as I always prefer here to evilbay (ugh don't get me started ...)

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

loves me dem green ponies (thank you Lunar!)

Offline cloud_weaver

• Trade Count: (+126)
    • View Profile
Re: Price check on the family sets = the UK exclusives - help
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2019, 09:15:16 AM »
I’ve seen prices on go quite high as of late on all of them. You might actually do better selling them individually and breaking up the families, you’d probably make it more per pony. I believe I saw daddy meadowsweet go for $200 the other day

Thank you LunaCat for my Kirin Cloud Weaver!
Cloudie’s Wish List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396949
Cloudie’s TRADE List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396962

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2019, 09:37:23 AM »
The daddy ponies are always hardest to find. Especially Berrytown (white) and Sunbright (yellow). To put it into perspective, I live in the UK and carbooted for years. I never found either Daddy Berrytown or Daddy Sunbright here on the second hand market loose. I remember them in stores but goodness knows how many of them sold in comparison to Mum and Baby. I know that in the Loving Family sets the dads were shortpacked in the UK release compared to Mum and Baby so maybe it was the same thing. In any case, I had to trade for both of mine.

My opinion is that Daddy Berrytown is the rarest pony of all of the ponies ever sold in the United Kingdom. I can't speak for Europe overall but they don't seem that common in other climes either.

I don't think I've had many doubles of Mummy Sunbright either. I had her from new so don't really remember. Berrytown and Meadowsweet I have had a few doubles of. Daddy Meadowsweet is NOT as hard to find as the other two Daddies (somehow my sister and I both have one, so that means we found at least 2 of them here in the past XD) but is not common.

The babies are more common than the adults. Because they were cheaper. We had all of them from new and they also show up MOC from time to time as well.

I'd second selling them separately. I would not be surprised to see Daddy B in the $200 realm these days, honestly. Daddies in good condition could and have easily topped $150, but Meadowsweet is less htf than the other two and I am surprised if one sold for $200. That might have implications for the price of the other two.

Mind you I have Daddy Sunbright MOC and he didn't cost as much as $200 a few years ago, so it may just be evidence of prices spiking overall.

I would expect the mother ponies to range between $40 and $90 depending on condition and which one it is (I think Mummy SUnbright is the most htf, others may disagree).

The babies, it's hard to say.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline kingluke

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • The Great King of Lucia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2019, 10:09:00 AM »
please let me know when you have a price for the berrytown family. No guarantee I'm gonna buy them but I'd like to know.
Lover of Windwhistler

Offline maycrestmom

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2019, 01:42:43 PM »
oh sweet taffeta thanks a million for the history = love that you have the history down.  I thought that they were sold as a set like celebrations family for US.  So they were all sold as individual on a card?

Hard to believe this all might be a thousand worth of MLP ... hard to believe on one hand on the other mountain boys can go over $150 easily in fabulous shape as well and they are not as rare.  I do like the rainbow hair

here's pictures of the gang - sorry not much of glam shots but ya can see overall condition

main flaws I would say is daddy sunbright's hair is a tad on the frizz side I will see to condition a bit and berrytown's NDS has a major smudge (well to me major, my deal was to always try to get perfect symbols but he was a set completer so one of those just had-to-have's and then i kinda just always displayed him sideways ... anyhow

on looking at comparing the boys, I wonder if Mr. Sunbright's hair has been trimmed.  He has all 4 of his colors but his mane doesn't drag like the other two

Post Merge: November 07, 2019, 01:43:41 PM

I was thinking to price the families at $300 each but am open to offers of course :-)

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2019, 03:10:45 PM »
Family ponies were sold separately in the UK. Both sets actually, but these even had different cards for the adults from the babies so kind of were 2 sets in one. Because let's rip off the kiddies :D So yeah, there are not so many boys around.

I think the major concern most people have with these is they still have their hair colours and yours do so I wouldn't think the small blemish on the symbol would affect it. I remember also hefty was looking for one or maybe two of the Daddy ponies a while back, no idea if he has finished that gap in his collection yet or is currently looking.

I was going to post my MOC Daddy S for you to do a hair comparison length thing on but the way he's packaged you cannot see or compare hair length, it's totally unhelpful :/

I looked at my loose one and it might be a bit trimmed or it might just be a bit fluffy at the ends? The colours are all there but part of the orange in your pic looks a bit shorter than the rest does? I don't have a good photo as I took pics for my site to show symbols so the hair is on the other side...so I hope that description makes sense...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline cloud_weaver

• Trade Count: (+126)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2019, 03:21:24 PM »

Thank you LunaCat for my Kirin Cloud Weaver!
Cloudie’s Wish List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396949
Cloudie’s TRADE List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396962

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2019, 03:26:41 PM »
Oh boy the prices have gone nuts O.o.

Although the Daddies are some of the rarest of the European only releases, so I guess I see why but...wow.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline maycrestmom

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2019, 05:27:52 AM »
yeah I would much rather they go to good homes

I know ebay prices have seemed insane lately though and don't like that now it is all taxed - as if we don't recycle enough units through all these various agencies

anyhow I am happy to sell the families for $300 each = for here I would be happy with 800 total and cost of shipping/paypal fees (so net 800), can't control shipping but I can mark as a gift so importance is tracking not customs.  I just had a ridiculous experience of a reseller on ebay try to bully another discount from me for my candy cane set after accepting her discount bid and getting a satisfied review  on the sale = I swear the whole nickle and dime negotiation stuff is just maddening and I would much rather sell through here

Thanks for the length suggestion it might just be frizz - that seems the case to shorten the ends a bit and yep - all 4 colors are there.

I love we all hang here as a fun community geeking out on the history = although yeah, the rip-off to kids well parents trying to find all these guys back in the day makes me much happier that I was able to get my own kids used G3 from craigslist and ebay compared to my poor mom running around to all these stores because I had to have this certain sea pony...  but the point is yeah it sucked that all these supposed family sets were not sold easily as a whole family!

so yeah... prices seem consistent after that "explosion" from the storage sale and all the old-is-new again as we head into holidays.  So here is hoping if ya can pass along to members looking to buy

I am selling these guys

have them on ebay now but will gladly pull the listing

« Last Edit: November 08, 2019, 06:06:54 AM by maycrestmom »

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2019, 07:19:44 AM »
For the record...

A value of $800 on a customs form coming into most countries where tariffs exist will get a fee, irrespective of whether it's marked as a gift. The thresholds are a little different so the charge would be lower but it would still be held up in customs and charged (at least it would here). And I personally wouldn't mark a sale item as gift, just in case it gets held up and questions are asked and you have to prove that it is...

Speaking as someone who hates paying customs fees...to insure the item at its full value would also necessitate stating the value and also that it's a commercial item as well....

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline maycrestmom

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2019, 07:23:50 AM »
fair point = the goal is to not have lost ponies in the mail so tracking has made the worry as to needing insurance also a not so much item

but the bottom line is that I will work with whoever here wants to rehome these family sets and make sure that there is no lost pony mail :-)

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2019, 07:38:08 AM »
fair point = the goal is to not have lost ponies in the mail so tracking has made the worry as to needing insurance also a not so much item

but the bottom line is that I will work with whoever here wants to rehome these family sets and make sure that there is no lost pony mail :-)

Yep, definitely the best plan of action, just wanted to flag it. Not least because there are potentially postal strikes over here in December at least, and who knows what else might happen with weather and other stuff globally at this time of the year :)

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline maycrestmom

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2019, 08:57:47 AM »
oh my yes = the problem ain't postal workers... the problem is our central banking system and corrupted governmental types  which is why we are hopeful on this side of the pond ya'll get moving as to Brexit .  Hope ya like the silly show about our fake impeachment while we clean up the SES mess...

ok I have probably thrown politics about where not quite in context but I do like to think we can actually sanely work out all this currency stuff by (imagine) fair trade and transparency

see this is why I like the boards :-) we all realize how important clear communication and honesty are in to working for a result that everyone can abide by

kinda like how we really all  learned how to play nice and get along and these toys really can be useful metaphor for the same deals today :-)

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2019, 09:00:27 AM »
oh my yes = the problem ain't postal workers... the problem is our central banking system and corrupted governmental types  which is why we are hopeful on this side of the pond ya'll get moving as to Brexit .  Hope ya like the silly show about our fake impeachment while we clean up the SES mess...

ok I have probably thrown politics about where not quite in context but I do like to think we can actually sanely work out all this currency stuff by (imagine) fair trade and transparency

see this is why I like the boards :-) we all realize how important clear communication and honesty are in to working for a result that everyone can abide by

kinda like how we really all  learned how to play nice and get along and these toys really can be useful metaphor for the same deals today :-)

In other words, what they need in government is more time to play with ponies.

Basically.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline maycrestmom

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2019, 08:09:03 AM »
 ^.^ hehe, in a sense - yeah

imagine folks had a better sense of perspective as to answer the "why"

good for goodness sake

yep, 'cause ya learned it all watching ponies save the world first...  :silly:  (a girl can dream)

meantime again thanks for the price help and so yep hoping to rehome the meadowsweets and the sunbrights

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal