collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Things you'd buy if you won the lottery  (Read 3285 times)

Offline AvianWing

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Things you'd buy if you won the lottery
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2019, 11:10:04 PM »
What would I do if I win the lottery?

Nothing.

Nope, wouldn't go crazy buying everything I could dream of or any of that. All I'd do is just keep living my life while not ever worrying about money again.

That would be nice.

Offline kingluke

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • The Great King of Lucia
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2019, 04:39:14 AM »
If I were to win the lottery, I'd pay for my siblings college money (I can't go due to my disabilities), top surgery for me and all trans boys, houses and vacations for my parents a house for me including a pony room and a mimic.
 But I'd happy just to help my parents, which I plan on doing when I have a job of my own. not that they need it per se but they were there all my lfe, the least I can do is get them nice things.
Lover of Windwhistler

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2019, 08:25:17 AM »
I'd pay off my student loans and medical debt, and then I'd get all of my close family and move us all up to New England, making sure they all live comfortably. Maybe Canada instead if we're able to, because the USA just isn't feeling so great anymore.

If it was a particularly extravagant amount of money, I'd love to travel through Europe.

I'd expand my collection of woodwind/brass instruments. I'd get a Loree oboe and English horn. I'd get replicas of medieval/Renaissance winds, which I love.

Beyond that I wouldn't live too extravagantly.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

|My Collection|

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2019, 09:25:11 AM »
Good bye debt.
Hello new Toyota 86, Toyota Supra, Toyota Tacoma. Gotta find a DeLorean & Pacer. 
Finish up my US MLP collection.
Move somewhere warmer where I can practice basket weaving on a beach...

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2019, 10:29:00 AM »
If I was a multi-millionaire several times over?

Practical:
College, car or house funds for daughter dearest
Funds for publishing a second book

Impractical:
A couple of toys and some new games
« Last Edit: November 08, 2019, 05:30:58 PM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2019, 10:49:37 AM »
Impractical:

You are not going to help me overtake Hasbro? :mad:

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2019, 10:53:27 AM »
Impractical:

I'll put some funds into that, but only if we can hire some of the TP and Arena's most talented customizers and maybe poach a few people from Basic Fun to handle the business stuff.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2019, 11:21:10 AM »
Impractical:

I'll put some funds into that, but only if we can hire some of the TP and Arena's most talented customizers and maybe poach a few people from Basic Fun to handle the business stuff.

Fine with me. We need to make sure we get some of the BotBots engineers to make transforming mini ponies :biggrin:

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2019, 12:34:44 PM »
oooh fun topic!

If I won, like, a million £ (pounds sterling) then I would get a decent detached house with an annex for my elderly family members to stay over (including a bespoke lift/elevator to keep them more independent).

If I won multiple millions, I would keep hush and just carry on with my life - again, my priority being that my family members are set-up for a comfortable life.

I would give myself cultural treats - book into a posh London hotel, see a show, eat at a good restaurant. Nothing too flashy, something of good quality and fun that I could invite my close friends to enjoy with me.  Or fly first-class abroad, again to experience some new culture.

Cars? I love classic cars, but I have become more practical in my ol' age and just don't want the fuss of the upkeep nor of the fear of the car getting damaged or scratched in one of the UK's carparks. Something sensible, maybe an electric car or a Tesla or something?

Oh, afternoon tea at the Ritz or Claridges - just to tick that off the bucket list lol  :lol:

If I won mega-millions, well, of course, I would have to consider giving some away to needy causes - not to big, corporate charities, but lots of smaller charities instead - a few thousand means so much more to a small charity and there are so many voluntary folks doing good in the community that just need a small wind-fall to make a huge difference to their work.

Building a special facility to offer weekly respite care for families of those who have dementia or certain illnesses or ailments is also something that I would be interested in doing if I had mega-millions. Or buying a beautiful old mansion with large grounds and modernising it, sympathetically, to offer a peaceful retreat for the patients.

Something my Dad said that he would do - which makes me laugh - if he won millions is:
dress up in his scruffiest clothing, take a briefcase full of cash, walk into a posh car sales yard and ask to test drive something then haggle relentlessly with the polite, suited salesmen and then say "how much for cash?", slamming the briefcase  dramatically on the desk  :lol: hehe, that could be fun  :devious:

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2019, 12:39:56 PM »
I'd give my home some upgrades, help my niece with college, create an awesome retirement fund and get some additions made to our local animal shelter.  I also have a few other charities in mind.
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2019, 05:04:50 PM »
If I won the lottery...

I don't want a big house. I don't drive. I don't need a big house. I know where in the UK I'd want to have a home, and some space in it for me, visitors, and ponies/collections. Nothing obscene. With a garden.

I would want to continue to study somehow. Also travel. I want to go back to Japan for a while, but not necessarily for a long period - another 3 months would be fine, since my family are here.

I have a lot of places I want to visit but I can only tolerate so long on a flight in standard class so going to many of those places is an expensive undertaking I can't afford right now. If I had the money I could overcome that. I had to spend a lot of my own money to get to Japan for my fieldwork because there's no funding to help support autistic people flying long distance...that's preventing me from going back at the moment, and I'd like to break down that barrier and visit some more distant places like Korea, Taiwan.

I'd help my folks and my sister - my folks to move to an area they'd like more and my sister so she and her partner can buy their own home.

I don't really have crazy wants though. I would buy baby sugarcake at last to finish the set, :D but I don't need to go mad with buying ponies or other things...? I might try and buy some of the childhood things I don't have any more (like a MOC mountainboy, stickers for my childhood mountain boys, stuff like that).

Oh. One thing I really always wanted to do, every time I see prices go up...

I want to mass buy expensive ponies and then send them to the people who really want them but can;t afford them. Because you know, every time I can't afford sugarcake it is frustrating. And I( know there are people out there who really want x pony but can't afford them. So I would like to buy up a lot of costly ponies and send them to people who would actually love them.

There are some other things I would do as well, but they're more personal and I won't share them here.

I don't really need to be a millionaire. But I would like to not have to worry about money in future, because the world is mad.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Gator

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2019, 02:40:25 PM »
I'm a southern boy.  I want a big lifted truck!  Yeah man!  And it would be an older body model, like late 70's Ford F150 or something. 

House wise, I like the ocean and the mountains, so I would have two homes.  Live in the Smokey/Appalachian mountains in the summer when it's hot, live on the Georgia coast in the winter when its cold.

Of course finish my pony collection.

Zapper mentioned Hasbro.  I have always wanted, if I had the money, to approach Hasbro and fund/produce another Midnight Castle or Catrina style animated G1 movie.  I love that drawing style.  So much more time and effort was given compared to the movie and animated series.  I would really give Wind Whistler, Galaxy and all our childhood ponies a chance to be animated well like the earlier first ponies.  And they would be together in my film, both ponies like Firefly and Twilight and ponies like Lofty and Paradise.

And I would start my cat rescue, Nick's Legacy.

And I would hide from my family.  My dad is one of six kids, so I have a ton of cousins and aunts and uncles.

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2019, 12:59:01 PM »
If we;re taking over Hasbro as a community lottery win project, can we make a condition of it that for G5 they rip up everything they ever had relating to G4 and start over from scratch? (not erasing G4 but starting afresh as something new for G5)?

It would be a waste if all the talent was brought in just to have the gazillionth Pinkie Pie.

I would definitely be up for the takeover if it guaranteed that Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash would never appear in any shape or form whatsoever ever again, not in character (personality) or in toy form.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2019, 04:39:31 AM »
A boat like this and then remodle it into a home cause I am weird like that  :biggrin: and then go float off into the sunset

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

Offline Barnacle_lady

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2019, 05:57:09 AM »
If I won the lottery I would not buy a house. I know for sure I won't be able to pay the mortgage and maintenance for the rest of my life. Some see it as investment for me its a place to live in.
So I would buy some new furniture for my current place. Cats and mlp stuff included :)
I would also use the money to travel a bit more. I have no need for a trip around the world but visiting my foreign ponyfriends on short trips would be great.
And the rest will go on a savings account.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal