collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Things you'd buy if you won the lottery  (Read 3284 times)

Offline freezestime

• Forever and Always the Prom Queen
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Things you'd buy if you won the lottery
« on: November 06, 2019, 10:05:55 PM »
Ive been thinking and dreaming of what I'd do if I won the lottery, and I decided to ask what others would spend it on?

Edit: I'm thinking in the middle to high millions for a lottery win.

I'm gonna be splitting it up into practical, neither or impractical

Practical
Big House
Set up various charities
Donate to charities
Intensive mental health/other health services

Neither
Shelves everywhere possible
A cat room
Several rooms just to display different things
Hasbro, Mattel, toei, Bandai, takara, Nintendo, ect stocks.

Impractical
Commission several doujinshis for personal use
Complete all my collections
Commission art and figures
Have a holiday house in Japan
Personal chef
Ability to go to Japan whenever I want to to get the things I want when they're released

What would you do?
« Last Edit: November 08, 2019, 08:29:47 AM by freezestime »
Freezestime's Masterlist! https://bit.ly/3x1te5n
Dedicated G2 thread! https://bit.ly/3vIIJhL
Dedicated G2 V2.0 thread! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,403447.msg1880080/topicseen.html#new
Forgotten Toy lines! [urlhttps://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=395090.150[/url]

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
Re: Things you'd buy if you won the lottery
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2019, 11:07:42 PM »
I've become rather realistic over the years. Before it would've been travel the world and buy all the things I want etc. Now I'm like I want a decent side townhouse. Not a detached property because I can't deal with the work, I want to live where I can share the burden with the rest of the people living there. And a small gardenpatch would be perfect, somewhere semirural though so not too much traffic. With rooms large enough for my collection, my books and Johns things. Now we have things cramed into two smaller rooms and they are a bit tiny. I would love to have a climate friendly car (I fell in love with the Toyota Yaris, it's so quiet and comfy to drive) so I can go to a stable and begin riding again. It's been like 15 years since I last sat upon a horse and I miss it.

I do want to travel a bit; Australia, New Zeeland, Scotland, Greece and Egypt.

Impractical: Go the Nirvana route. :cool:.

Offline Shaz

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2019, 01:28:47 AM »
For a while my lottery plan was: buy one of our neighbours' houses and turn it into a cat sanctuary/home for foster kittens. Because I would love to foster kittens/rescue cats, but it wouldn't be fair on the two cats we own, our house isn't big enough!

I would definitely want to do something for cats. Maybe I could find a rescue centre that was struggling to stay open and buy it/fund it to keep going. Or I could just make several hefty donations to favourite cat charities.
Obviously I'd give some money to family. My dad really loves vintage cars, so I'd probably buy him one and also purchase a big warehouse for him to keep them in and turn into a workshop where he could go and tinker with them whenever he wanted. I'm not sure what I'd buy for my mum but a top of the range bike would definitely be involved.
For my girlfriend I would see if I could get some sort of Oscar Wilde memorbilia such as a signed letter or a book owned by him; they do come up for auction sometimes!
I feel I should buy something for our cats too, but all they want is affordable things like toys, food, treats and catgrass. And perhaps a new cardboard box :lol:.
My girlfriend and I could then go on a money-no-object spree on eBay and Etsy buying dolls' house miniatures, Monster High clothes and pony accessories! We could commission elaborate doll outfits!
Several of our family friends have been having trouble with their health and with the deficiencies of the NHS, so if money could smooth the way for them, they could definitely have some.
Then if there was some money left (I'm assuming it was a big win) I would be totally boring and put it in my savings so that I wouldn't have to worry about some emergency happening and not having the money to deal with it.
Well that was fun to think about :)

Offline Lady Frostbite

• Bay Breeze Pony
  • Absolutely Abbeylicious!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2019, 03:12:53 AM »
AW MAN this is my favourite topic to think about whenever I'm daydreaming at work or window shopping. I made  a list once on Tumblr, let's see if I can find it.

I found it, it's out of date, so:

1. Buy a home for myself. I'm torn between wanting a deluxe home right smack dab in the city centre, because I HATE having to try getting home from concerts or events, but also don't want to deal with pollution or rats. I've lived in some form of countryside most of my life, and while I love the greenery, the travelling to and from things is a pain in the ass. My biggest dream is to buy an old church and make it a home, whilst keeping the original features, so if I could combine the two that would be great. The home would need to have a nice big bird room or a French door to an outside area for the birbs to enjoy. I want a greenhouse to grow chillies, and I want a conservatory to pamper the tropicals and the orchids, and lots of bumblebee-friendly flowers in the garden. There would also be a collection room for my stuff. A personal devotion room as well.

2. Finish big collections, i.e. get all the MH dolls I want, get the really rare and expensive Daenerys Targaryen things (like the large busts and super-pricey Funko POP!s like Gold Dragon Daenerys. I want custom-made display cabinets and bookcases for my manga collection as well.

3. Either a holiday home in Germany OR simply booking the Radisson Blu whenever I want. I want to travel all over Germany as well. TRAVEL TO THE CARIBBEAN OR BARBADOS, I REALLY want a super tropical sunshine beach holiday, my soul craves it.

4. Donate to charities and causes close to my heart, including buying a suitable permanent meeting place for a pet cause.

5. Buy a home for a family member who needs it, have one built for them if there are none suitable, and pay all their bills/decoration/moving forever.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Signature image artwork done by the talented Starscout!
MLP Gameloft game friend code : 29c831

Offline AnnaPommes

• glow-in-the-dark pony
  • Trade Count: (+62)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Pommes cute things
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2019, 04:27:06 AM »
i would fund some research on Retinopathia pigmentosa refsum syndrome and fund a few places that care for people, which do not know where to go and animal shelters.

that may sound basic but it is the first thing that came to mind. Xd of cousre, you can always update something in your daily life, but i think funding building the future is what most people would profit of in the long run.^^
i see i am concerned your this one refsum syndrome, of course i would found more studies that that. XD it was just the first thet came to mind!
~ Visit the Pommes-shop ~
www.etsy.com/shop/AnnagretStudio With usefull artprints, cute decor, stationery and crafting kits!
Or linktree with more fancy things!
wonderfull avatar by the lovely Shaiyeh!

Offline SaraMari

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2019, 05:49:49 AM »
For awhile I often fantasized about what I would do if I won the lottery, but I stopped because it just will never happen lol

But what I had decided upon was:
1. A small McMansion probably around 500k on an arce or two, I don't like all the suburban box houses in modern developments without any trees, yard all small uniform and lacking in nature. I would live there with my husband and mom

2. Pay off my mom's school debt, car etc. Do some repairs on my mom's house and sell it, put it towards her retirement

3. Buy a condo for my dad that is accessible for his disabilities

4. Maybe travel once a year. I've been to Japan 14 times so I've kindve already achieved my dream in that

5. Invest and live off the rest, quit working

6. Set aside like 2-3k for rare ponies, I don't really have that many that are must haves

7. Do animal foster care and/or support local no kill shelters and animal sanctuaries

I think it's quite practical, and it seems everyone has similar ideas. It says a lot about how we live in capitalism that winning the lottery just means having a more secure and comfortable life. Not extravagant mansions and personal jets
« Last Edit: November 07, 2019, 05:53:48 AM by SaraMari »

:heart: :heart: https://www.instagram.com/moonglowdreams  :heart: :heart:

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2019, 07:20:47 AM »
I'd buy a home and start playing with stocks to keep my income up so I don't need to work, but I'd still work. I'd get bored!
I would also travel and go thrifting around the world. I wouldn't finish my collections with the money because that saps the fun out of it!

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2019, 07:48:51 AM »
I don't think I'd want to win the lottery. Apparently people's lives turn into living hell after they win it. Don't want that, no thank you.

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2019, 08:54:23 AM »
Me?  I would pay off any and all things needing to be payed off for fiancé/me and our parents/close family/close friends.   Then id make sure to have enough to sustain, followed by giving back to the community and places that have provided a positive impact.  Humanitarian  things..medical.

I haven't thought about it past that.  Im not one to splurge on anything and its hard for me to do it for myself.  I tend to think and lookout for others.

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2019, 10:21:53 AM »
I dunno, I've never really been a lottery sort of person. I mean, if the fact that I've won is public knowledge, then nooooo thank you. I'm with Beatles on this one, I've heard too many horror stories.

I guess hypothetically, a house? And then go on a collectible buying spree, I guess. And save... and give my parents half of it or whatever... Boring stuff! Haha.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2019, 10:34:25 AM »
I guess it depends on how big... if it was "the big one" (which I never actually play, alas) I'd pay off the house, and stop working! AH HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Oh and I guess my student loans finally...

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2019, 12:26:09 PM »
I'd pay all my debts.

Then I'd buy a part of Hasbro to force my ways onto them :lol:

Online BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2019, 08:41:10 PM »
I'd probably leave the US and move to Canada. Buy a house and some wild land (and keep it wild). Have fun collecting more stuff. Help wildlife and shelter animals.

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2019, 09:03:03 PM »
If I won the lottery? Oh boy! Well, I’d have no trouble paying for my tuition, and I probably wouldn’t have to live on residence because I could afford my own place. But I’d still go residence anyways. Be around other people in my field. Pay off my parents house, so that would be a huge burden off them. And put some towards my sisters education.
Also, hire a private investigator. We have a friend who’s in a bit of a nasty divorce/custody struggle, and the courts (for some odd reason) can’t see that her ex and his new wife are abusing her daughter. So I’d hire a PI to document all the stuff they do! And get the best attorney for her I can! Maybe also set up a charity to help...wait! Multiple charities! For everything!
   But...I wouldn’t want it to be public knowledge I won. Keep it hush hush, and once things above are done, tuck the remaining funds in investments to make more money, and live a normal life knowing I have a safety net or a better retirement for myself and whomever I meet along the way. And I couldn’t live life not working. I’m unemployed right now, and it’s driving me nuts!
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

Offline freezestime

• Forever and Always the Prom Queen
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2019, 09:05:53 PM »
Some people on this thread:

Freezestime's Masterlist! https://bit.ly/3x1te5n
Dedicated G2 thread! https://bit.ly/3vIIJhL
Dedicated G2 V2.0 thread! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,403447.msg1880080/topicseen.html#new
Forgotten Toy lines! [urlhttps://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=395090.150[/url]

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal