Pony Talk > Off Topic

Things you'd buy if you won the lottery

(1/7) > >>

freezestime:
Ive been thinking and dreaming of what I'd do if I won the lottery, and I decided to ask what others would spend it on?

Edit: I'm thinking in the middle to high millions for a lottery win.

I'm gonna be splitting it up into practical, neither or impractical

Practical
Big House
Set up various charities
Donate to charities
Intensive mental health/other health services

Neither
Shelves everywhere possible
A cat room
Several rooms just to display different things
Hasbro, Mattel, toei, Bandai, takara, Nintendo, ect stocks.

Impractical
Commission several doujinshis for personal use
Complete all my collections
Commission art and figures
Have a holiday house in Japan
Personal chef
Ability to go to Japan whenever I want to to get the things I want when they're released

What would you do?

Beldarna:
I've become rather realistic over the years. Before it would've been travel the world and buy all the things I want etc. Now I'm like I want a decent side townhouse. Not a detached property because I can't deal with the work, I want to live where I can share the burden with the rest of the people living there. And a small gardenpatch would be perfect, somewhere semirural though so not too much traffic. With rooms large enough for my collection, my books and Johns things. Now we have things cramed into two smaller rooms and they are a bit tiny. I would love to have a climate friendly car (I fell in love with the Toyota Yaris, it's so quiet and comfy to drive) so I can go to a stable and begin riding again. It's been like 15 years since I last sat upon a horse and I miss it.

I do want to travel a bit; Australia, New Zeeland, Scotland, Greece and Egypt.

Impractical: Go the Nirvana route. :cool:.

Shaz:
For a while my lottery plan was: buy one of our neighbours' houses and turn it into a cat sanctuary/home for foster kittens. Because I would love to foster kittens/rescue cats, but it wouldn't be fair on the two cats we own, our house isn't big enough!

I would definitely want to do something for cats. Maybe I could find a rescue centre that was struggling to stay open and buy it/fund it to keep going. Or I could just make several hefty donations to favourite cat charities.
Obviously I'd give some money to family. My dad really loves vintage cars, so I'd probably buy him one and also purchase a big warehouse for him to keep them in and turn into a workshop where he could go and tinker with them whenever he wanted. I'm not sure what I'd buy for my mum but a top of the range bike would definitely be involved.
For my girlfriend I would see if I could get some sort of Oscar Wilde memorbilia such as a signed letter or a book owned by him; they do come up for auction sometimes!
I feel I should buy something for our cats too, but all they want is affordable things like toys, food, treats and catgrass. And perhaps a new cardboard box :lol:.
My girlfriend and I could then go on a money-no-object spree on eBay and Etsy buying dolls' house miniatures, Monster High clothes and pony accessories! We could commission elaborate doll outfits!
Several of our family friends have been having trouble with their health and with the deficiencies of the NHS, so if money could smooth the way for them, they could definitely have some.
Then if there was some money left (I'm assuming it was a big win) I would be totally boring and put it in my savings so that I wouldn't have to worry about some emergency happening and not having the money to deal with it.
Well that was fun to think about :)

Lady Frostbite:
AW MAN this is my favourite topic to think about whenever I'm daydreaming at work or window shopping. I made  a list once on Tumblr, let's see if I can find it.

I found it, it's out of date, so:

1. Buy a home for myself. I'm torn between wanting a deluxe home right smack dab in the city centre, because I HATE having to try getting home from concerts or events, but also don't want to deal with pollution or rats. I've lived in some form of countryside most of my life, and while I love the greenery, the travelling to and from things is a pain in the ass. My biggest dream is to buy an old church and make it a home, whilst keeping the original features, so if I could combine the two that would be great. The home would need to have a nice big bird room or a French door to an outside area for the birbs to enjoy. I want a greenhouse to grow chillies, and I want a conservatory to pamper the tropicals and the orchids, and lots of bumblebee-friendly flowers in the garden. There would also be a collection room for my stuff. A personal devotion room as well.

2. Finish big collections, i.e. get all the MH dolls I want, get the really rare and expensive Daenerys Targaryen things (like the large busts and super-pricey Funko POP!s like Gold Dragon Daenerys. I want custom-made display cabinets and bookcases for my manga collection as well.

3. Either a holiday home in Germany OR simply booking the Radisson Blu whenever I want. I want to travel all over Germany as well. TRAVEL TO THE CARIBBEAN OR BARBADOS, I REALLY want a super tropical sunshine beach holiday, my soul craves it.

4. Donate to charities and causes close to my heart, including buying a suitable permanent meeting place for a pet cause.

5. Buy a home for a family member who needs it, have one built for them if there are none suitable, and pay all their bills/decoration/moving forever.

AnnaPommes:
i would fund some research on Retinopathia pigmentosa refsum syndrome and fund a few places that care for people, which do not know where to go and animal shelters.

that may sound basic but it is the first thing that came to mind. Xd of cousre, you can always update something in your daily life, but i think funding building the future is what most people would profit of in the long run.^^
i see i am concerned your this one refsum syndrome, of course i would found more studies that that. XD it was just the first thet came to mind!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version