collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Trying to get onto MHArena board  (Read 2610 times)

Offline FlickaFriend

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Magic Fantasy Hair Pony
    • View Profile
Trying to get onto MHArena board
« on: November 06, 2019, 01:45:48 PM »
Hi everyone,
I was pretty active here during my MLP-obsessed phase a couple of years ago.  I still love my ponies but I've moved onto Monster High.
I'm trying to get onto the MHArena discussion board but no one has responded to my request to register for over a week now.  I don't know if I should just keep waiting patiently or if there is something I need to do?
Does anyone here know if the board is still actively accepting new members or have the mods 'retired'?  I can see the board is still fairly active with a handful of posts a week but with the MH line now ended I wonder if the board is fizzling out...
I am desperate to discuss MH with other obsessives so if anyone can shed any light on how I get a profile on the board I would be v grateful!
Thank you!
Sarah
Keeping on cantering on.

Offline PinkieLopBun

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Trying to get onto MHArena board
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2019, 03:47:43 PM »
Have you checked your spam folder? When I registered for here, everything was going to spam (including the e-mail saying my account was accepted).
Follow me on Twitter and Tumblr.

Offline freezestime

• Forever and Always the Prom Queen
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2019, 05:43:25 PM »
Omg friend I can totally understand, I initially applied for membership in March, didn't get a response, tried contacting them to no response, then I applied again in April.

Not until maybe June or August did I input my details in the login page and logged me into my account, so from my experience I never received an email.

But that might just be me forgetting steps, like having to look in spam for it or something like that.
Freezestime's Masterlist! https://bit.ly/3x1te5n
Dedicated G2 thread! https://bit.ly/3vIIJhL
Dedicated G2 V2.0 thread! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,403447.msg1880080/topicseen.html#new
Forgotten Toy lines! [urlhttps://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=395090.150[/url]

Offline FlickaFriend

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2019, 11:29:37 AM »
Thanks Pinkiepie and Freezestime.  I have been checking my spam folder every day in hopes of receiving registration, and also trying logging on just in case I have been activated, but no luck.  I've been PM'd on here with details of someone on here who also does admin on MHArena so I will try contactin them.
Frustrating! Glad it is not just me Freezestime!!!
Keeping on cantering on.

Online Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2019, 10:34:48 PM »
I apologise for the delay. For sme reason the MHA gets hit by Russian trolls and we get 200+ applications per day from them. Trying to find the legitimate members between them is a pain!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SquarePeg!
My Instagram - MLPArena's Instagram - My Sales on Trade Me!

Offline FlickaFriend

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2019, 09:08:31 AM »
I apologise for the delay. For sme reason the MHA gets hit by Russian trolls and we get 200+ applications per day from them. Trying to find the legitimate members between them is a pain!

Oh wow Loa, that sounds like a nightmare!  Sorry to hear about all the extra work the Russian trolls/bots are causing you.  Thank you for letting us know, and thank you for all your time and work spent on keeping MHA and MLPA going.  We appreciate it and will try to be patient  :) <3
Keeping on cantering on.

Offline FlickaFriend

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2019, 03:11:05 PM »
Omg friend I can totally understand, I initially applied for membership in March, didn't get a response, tried contacting them to no response, then I applied again in April.

Not until maybe June or August did I input my details in the login page and logged me into my account, so from my experience I never received an email.

But that might just be me forgetting steps, like having to look in spam for it or something like that.

I finally got on the board!! Yay!!! I definitely didn't get any notification email (I was checking spam folder every day), just one day I could log on.  Then it took another ages to get my first post approved, and again I didn't get any notification.  It was only because I kept going in to check and then one day I was in.  I think Loa probably helped me because I alerted her on this board.

It does worry me that the MHArena is going to die completely if new people find it so difficult to join.

Most people would have just lost interest/given up.  Only the die-hards like me and Freezestime are going to get on, and you need a steady influx of fresh blood to keep a board going or everyone just runs out of stuff to say....
Keeping on cantering on.

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2019, 06:13:32 AM »
There's not much left to say about MH, though. Most of us have long since moved on, I mean there's only so much you can say about a dead toyline, you know? It sucks to see a forum die, but it happens.

Plus the mods can hardly help the site being targeted by Russian spammers, lol.

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2019, 06:06:31 AM »
There's not much left to say about MH, though. Most of us have long since moved on, I mean there's only so much you can say about a dead toyline, you know?

Haven't noticed it stopping any of us with G1 MLP. Just saying :)

This idea of posting online about a toy as its actually in the shops is a newfangled invention.

In my day...*waves stick*
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2019, 11:27:02 AM »
There's not much left to say about MH, though. Most of us have long since moved on, I mean there's only so much you can say about a dead toyline, you know?

This idea of posting online about a toy as its actually in the shops is a newfangled invention.

Yeah, but people still want to talk about MLP. Obviously people still want to talk about MH, too, but most of the people on the MH Arena seem to have moved on.

As I've said before, I'm sure things'll change and the MH fandom'll experience a renaissance. It's just the way fandoms work, you know? Sometimes they go through a quiet period.

(I also don't think it's exactly a fair comparison, since G1 has stuff like the mysteries of Nirvanas, new stuff like Basic Fun, etc, to discuss... MH doesn't really have those.)

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2019, 01:57:18 PM »

Yeah, but people still want to talk about MLP. Obviously people still want to talk about MH, too, but most of the people on the MH Arena seem to have moved on.

As I've said before, I'm sure things'll change and the MH fandom'll experience a renaissance. It's just the way fandoms work, you know? Sometimes they go through a quiet period.

(I also don't think it's exactly a fair comparison, since G1 has stuff like the mysteries of Nirvanas, new stuff like Basic Fun, etc, to discuss... MH doesn't really have those.)

I was being a bit tongue in cheek, because I'm as guilty of lapsing on the MHArena as anyone.

It's just a different perspective on collecting now that it happens often as the toy is in store, making the aftermath a kind of grieving process...whereas G1 collecting as a community online happened AFTER MLP had already ended...so it was already the norm when it began?
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2019, 06:01:35 AM »

There are still lots of fans but tbh they just are not as active on forums anymore. Instagram seems to be the most popular place. And it makes sense since the main thing MH fans like to do is share pictures. And Instagram makes it easy. Just upload and add a caption. No needing to go to a third party site to host the pic only for the link to break years later when they decide to get greedy. (Why yes I am bitter about Photobucket)
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal