collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: New G4 pony toy designs  (Read 29966 times)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Re: New G4 pony toy designs
« Reply #285 on: November 13, 2019, 02:47:32 PM »
Well, there goes my hope the change in decade will get animation off the snide.

Heh. Animation has only been getting worse this last decade. Shows like Korra, Voltron, Animated Castlevania and Dragon Prince are some of the few holdouts.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline MJNSEIFER

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Brony For All Ponies
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: November 13, 2019, 03:16:15 PM »
Animation of this decade has been mostly good, in my opinion.  Seriously, there's been a lot of beautiful stuff this decade.  :lovey:

I'll admit the art of the animation here looks like a step down from previous cartoons, but I'll watch the show before I decide on my overall opinion.

The promos for them are pretty lazy in my opinion - the video for them just goes around the toys like a low quality fanmade video, and as for the pictures, I couldn't even tell what I was looking at when I saw them (still can't in places.)
« Last Edit: November 13, 2019, 03:22:33 PM by MJNSEIFER »
I will confess to being a brony, but I assure you that the things you may not like about them do not apply to me, I mostly keep the fandom name due to nostaligia, but I do genuinely love MLP as a whole, not just FIM, and not just the popularity of FIM - I genuinely love the show (and all the others)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: November 13, 2019, 03:23:02 PM »
Animation of this decade has been mostly good, in my opinion.  Seriously, there's been a lot of beautiful stuff this decade.  :lovey:

I'll admit the animation here looks like a step down from most of the previous cartoons (I'll need to see it next to Newborn Cuties, but I think these ones look closer to ponies than NBC, so there's that - I do like NBC though), but I'll watch the show before I decide on my overall opinion.

The promos for them are pretty lazy in my opinion - the video for them just goes around the toys like a low quality fanmade video, and as for the pictures, I couldn't even tell what I was looking at when I saw them (still can't in places.)

Suuuure there has. Nothing is more breathtakingly beautiful then the slew of ttg and adventure time clones that came out this decade. :rolleyes: Why, the visual quality of those shows put low talent hacks like Walt Disney and Hayao Miyazaki to shame. 
« Last Edit: November 13, 2019, 03:27:26 PM by Leave a Whisper »

Offline Nemesis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Material Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: November 13, 2019, 03:27:34 PM »
Animation styles being “good” or “bad” is a matter of taste, IMO. I’m sure plenty of people groan when they see the antiquated, error-riddled animation of the 80s/90s. I’ve learned to appreciate the old AND the new. :)
« Last Edit: November 13, 2019, 03:29:10 PM by Nemesis »
🌈⭐️Check out my wishlist! Seeking all generations of ponies, Fashion Star Fillies, Magic Meadow Ponies, REMCO ponies, Sweetie Pups/Kitties, cutesy 80s/90s toys, and more!🦄🌙

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: November 13, 2019, 03:36:14 PM »
Anyone who can say that TTG, Rise of the Turtles, Thundercats Roar, Uncle Grandpa, Mega Man Fully Charged etc. etc. are  beautiful, well animated toons have one heckuva poker face. In fact I heard nothing but the exact opposite.

Offline MJNSEIFER

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Brony For All Ponies
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: November 13, 2019, 03:47:00 PM »

I'll admit the animation here looks like a step down from most of the previous cartoons (I'll need to see it next to Newborn Cuties, but I think these ones look closer to ponies than NBC, so there's that - I do like NBC though), but I'll watch the show before I decide on my overall opinion.

Suuuure there has. Nothing is more breathtakingly beautiful then the slew of ttg and adventure time clones that came out this decade. :rolleyes: Why, the visual quality of those shows put low talent hacks like Walt Disney and Hayao Miyazaki to shame.
We had a lot more than Teen Titans GO this year (side note: it's not overplayed in the UK if that helps) and... I can't think of single Adventure Time clone, so I think I'm missing something.

This decade gave us the following things;

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
Shimmer and Shine
Sofia The First
Miraculous Ladybug
Elena of Avalor

Those shows specifically are beautifully done in my opinion, I'm inspired by how beautiful they are.  Other shows of this decade are either cute or fun (or both) and have more effort than Teen Titans GO seems to.
I will confess to being a brony, but I assure you that the things you may not like about them do not apply to me, I mostly keep the fandom name due to nostaligia, but I do genuinely love MLP as a whole, not just FIM, and not just the popularity of FIM - I genuinely love the show (and all the others)

Offline Nemesis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Material Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: November 13, 2019, 03:50:31 PM »
Anyone who can say that TTG, Rise of the Turtles, Thundercats Roar, Uncle Grandpa, Mega Man Fully Charged etc. etc. are  beautiful, well animated toons have one heckuva poker face. In fact I heard nothing but the exact opposite.

What about Over the Garden Wall, Hilda, Dreamworks’ Dragons, Miraculous Ladybug, Ever After High, etc.? Even some of the “cartoonier” shows like Chowder or Gumball have distinctive styles that may not appeal to everyone, but are certainly not lazy or unoriginal.
🌈⭐️Check out my wishlist! Seeking all generations of ponies, Fashion Star Fillies, Magic Meadow Ponies, REMCO ponies, Sweetie Pups/Kitties, cutesy 80s/90s toys, and more!🦄🌙

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: November 13, 2019, 03:53:19 PM »

We had a lot more than Teen Titans GO this year (side note: it's not overplayed in the UK if that helps) and... I can't think of single Adventure Time clone, so I think I'm missing something.

Shimmer and Shine
Sofia The First
Miraculous Ladybug
Elena of Avalor

Those shows specifically are beautifully done in my opinion, I'm inspired by how beautiful they are.  Other shows of this decade are either cute or fun (or both) and have more effort than Teen Titans GO seems to.

FiM is cheap CN flash-crap.

I did mention holdouts. But they're few and far between.

Copycatting Pixar is original? And in terms of animation style, Gumball is a Chowder rip-off.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2019, 04:01:41 PM by Leave a Whisper »

Offline lonewolf

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Lyra the dance master
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart account
« Reply #293 on: November 13, 2019, 04:02:15 PM »
So now I'm really wondering what the official generation # these should be. Maybe those 2nd design G4's should be called G4.2, and these G4.5?
« Last Edit: November 13, 2019, 04:08:22 PM by lonewolf »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I'm the D to the E to the --- and no filly's got the moves like my big wall eyes. I'm De---licious.
Listen to this song while watching my sig: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTi11bFNdMs :P

Offline CloudyGlow

• Trade Count: (+16)
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: November 13, 2019, 04:04:13 PM »

Shimmer and Shine
Sofia The First
Miraculous Ladybug
Elena of Avalor

Copycatting Pixar is original? And in terms of animation style, Gumball is a Chowder rip-off.

I have seen cheap crap flash animation. It's that new Magic School Bus show, not FiM

Offline caseysealia

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: November 13, 2019, 04:06:45 PM »

Shimmer and Shine
Sofia The First
Miraculous Ladybug
Elena of Avalor

FiM is pretty cheap cn flash-crap.

I don't think Gumball is ANYTHING like Chowder, animation is similar, but even so I don't think of Chowder while watching Gumball, or vise versa. They are very different. We also had Gravity Falls, early FIM, Over the Garden Wall, Regular Show ect. I think its been the best era for cartoons since the 80s, (not really in recent years, more so 2010-2015) but still a lot of cartoons are watchable, most are, you just have shows like Teen Titans Go that overshadow them.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2019, 04:08:54 PM by caseysealia »

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: November 13, 2019, 04:09:15 PM »

Shimmer and Shine
Sofia The First
Miraculous Ladybug
Elena of Avalor

I have seen cheap crap flash animation. It's that new Magic School Bus show, not FiM

FiM looks like a million other cheap flash crap, cookie cutter toons that came out in the late 90s onward. But I suppose since that's nearly all this generation of toons does, (or Pixar knock-offs) one could be possibly mistaken for thinking its somehow a cut above the rest.

Post Merge: November 13, 2019, 04:10:14 PM

Shimmer and Shine
Sofia The First
Miraculous Ladybug
Elena of Avalor

FiM is pretty cheap cn flash-crap.

I don't think Gumball is ANYTHING like Chowder, animation is similar, but even so I don't think of Chowder while watching Gumball, or vise versa. They are very different. We also had Gravity Falls, early FIM, Over the Garden Wall, Regular Show ect. I think its been the best era for cartoons since the 80s, (not really in recent years, more so 2010-2015) but still a lot of cartoons are watchable, most are, you just have shows like Teen Titans Go that overshadow them.

If you don't think its anything like Chowder why did you say the animation is similar?  :silly:
« Last Edit: November 13, 2019, 04:14:39 PM by Leave a Whisper »

Offline CloudyGlow

• View Profile
« Reply #297 on: November 13, 2019, 04:10:23 PM »

Shimmer and Shine
Sofia The First
Miraculous Ladybug
Elena of Avalor

FiM looks like a million other cheap flash crap, cookie cutter toons that came out in the late 90s onward. But I suppose since that's nearly all this generation of toons does, (or Pixar knock-offs) one could be possibly forgiven for thinking its somehow a cut above the rest.

Oh, so now I need to be forgiven? I don't like your attitude

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: November 13, 2019, 04:11:15 PM »

Shimmer and Shine
Sofia The First
Miraculous Ladybug
Elena of Avalor

FiM looks like a million other cheap flash crap, cookie cutter toons that came out in the late 90s onward. But I suppose since that's nearly all this generation of toons does, (or Pixar knock-offs) one could be possibly forgiven for thinking its somehow a cut above the rest.

Oh, so now I need to be forgiven? I don't like your attitude

Its a figure of speech Cloudy. I'll fix it to mistaken.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2019, 04:13:23 PM by Leave a Whisper »

Offline CloudyGlow

• View Profile
« Reply #299 on: November 13, 2019, 04:12:13 PM »
I'm so tired of this thread now. I've had a wild day

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal