collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: New G4 pony toy designs  (Read 29709 times)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Re: Upcoming movie design ponies
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2019, 07:50:09 AM »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I dub thee... G4.75.

2nd worst only to G3.5.
I think these might be worse

Definitely worse.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Online kingluke

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • The Great King of Lucia
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2019, 07:57:28 AM »
As a trans guy, on bad days I think of myself as a deformity. These are worse.

:hug:

Thank you :)
Lover of Windwhistler

Offline caseysealia

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2019, 07:57:43 AM »

I dub thee... G4.75.

2nd worst only to G3.5.
I think these might be worse

Definitely worse.
  :sad:

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2019, 08:11:25 AM »
I know it was just halloween.

But I...am scared.

Rarity looks like she is plotting world domination.

The others...escaped from a cute Disney movie about chipmunks.

That's all I have to say on this. Except that if this did turn out to be the start of G5, I will be saving much money. It has everything bad about G4 but in much more ugly poses.

And those faces...

Yeah...no.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 02, 2019, 08:13:23 AM »
At least the tails aren't coming out of their buttholes anymore.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline SaraMari

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 02, 2019, 08:18:35 AM »
Everyday we stray further from gods light...

But seriously these are hideous, absolutely the worst designs of all including 3.5. The cat shape faces and ears, the flat dead eyes, the receding jaw, the hind legs look like goat legs... WHo sculpted these, someone who never has seen a horse that can be sure 😡

I agree the hooves are nice, and I like the white highlights in Raritys mane, but these can miss me!
« Last Edit: November 02, 2019, 08:21:10 AM by SaraMari »

:heart: :heart: https://www.instagram.com/moonglowdreams  :heart: :heart:

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #36 on: November 02, 2019, 08:19:12 AM »
The more I look at them the more I do like them? Like I personally think they are G4 because they just. Look like G4 but in a new art style, with the cutie marks being the same and all. But if G5 did go with this mold I wouldn't mind it? They aren't ponies for sure, but let's face it, normal G4 aren't ponies either. Normal G4 look like deer and these look like cats. I do think they're cute though, mostly Fluttershy. For some reason she really works for me. Not as big on Rarity but I think her plastic being different, presumably due to her gimmick, has a lot to do with it. Pinkie's alright. But I really like Fluttershy for some reason in particular?

But I would be fine if these do end up being G5, as long as Hasbro fixes the variety and don't do almost exclusively Mane 6 still.... if the variety continues down the path it's been for all these years still they're definitely going to kill the franchise regardless of what mold style they choose.

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline vira

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 02, 2019, 08:23:24 AM »
oh noooooo look at them!!  :shocked:

i'd actually like them if their faces weren't human-ajacent. as they are? gives me the willies!

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 02, 2019, 08:24:19 AM »
I'm honestly kinda excited for these. The art style looks very much like what is currently in if you watch cartoons.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Shrojjy

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 02, 2019, 08:30:52 AM »
They would be fantastic with a different head shape. I think their eye print is actually really pretty with the sparkly texture but I dislike that they gave Pinkie "unicorn" eyes. I really love the white streak in Rarity's hair. I think it's a gimmick for the toy but it's very pretty. The head looks weird in general but I seriously do not like those ears. When G4 came out some people said they looked like cats... :silly:

Offline Lilja

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 02, 2019, 08:35:48 AM »
I've already shared my thoughts on these in some Discord servers but I'll do it here too. So first of all, I'm pretty positive these are not G5. The logo is the G4 logo, just a different color. The designs are the same as G4 Mane 6, just that they're in a new mold style. Their species are all the same (remember that they wanted to make Fluttershy a unicorn and Pinkie a pegasus?)

I had similar thoughts, but also noticed there are some aspects of the leaked designs in these, such as the white in Rarity's hair. Also the eyes are completely different. In the end Hasbro might have decided to not change around their species. If that's the case I hope at the very least that Twilight won't be an alicorn anymore (though I think it's very likely she will be if that's what most people know her as by now).

It's also very possible these are a transitional line, to get consumers ready for the new generation. It does feel a little early to see these already. Still very exciting! Even if these designs don't appeal much to me personally. I liked G3.5, but the big chubby hooves is what made those work for me. But if kids are drawn to this style, then I think it's fine.

Offline Ragamuffin

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #41 on: November 02, 2019, 08:36:41 AM »
I don't think these are G5s, I think they're probably just.... G4.5... 2.

As others mentioned, with trends and stuff... I think it's a way to modernize G4. A lot of toys nowadays have giant sparkly eyes and long eyelashes, and G4.5s only have giant flat undetailed eyes... :lol: G4.5s feel a bit dated compared to the others, and not in a "classic" way like Barbie.

I find them interesting. Not a fan of the head shape, lack of a proper neck, and ears, but I do love the eyes. And can we talk about the accessories? They mostly all look new. They're all painted properly, no solid pieces of plastic. It looks like actual effort went into these. Say what you want on the shape of the ponies, but they made them decent, quality-wise. You can't say the same for most ponies released in the past 4 years (Tempest Shadow will always be the outlier, she's amazing!).

Judging by pictures, of course. We'll see about how the hair feels and if there's any warping. :lookround:

As for Rarity's white streak, I'm pretty sure it's a toy thing, the pictures on the box have it turning blue with the water bottle.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2019, 08:38:35 AM by Ragamuffin »

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #42 on: November 02, 2019, 08:37:12 AM »
Oh I figured out why I like the Fluttershy so much in particular. She reminds me of a more chibi (and larger eared version) of some Fluttershy art I really liked from the G5 leak two years back.

Spoiler

Just make her more slender/less chibi, give her a horn, and make her ears smaller and you kind of have that style. I think the facial expression in particular reminds me of it.

I had similar thoughts, but also noticed there are some aspects of the leaked designs in these, such as the white in Rarity's hair. Also the eyes are completely different. In the end Hasbro might have decided to not change around their species. If that's the case I hope at the very least that Twilight won't be an alicorn anymore (though I think it's very likely she will be if that's what most people know her as by now).

It's also very possible these are a transitional line, to get consumers ready for the new generation. It does feel a little early to see these already. Still very exciting! Even if these designs don't appeal much to me personally. I liked G3.5, but the big chubby hooves is what made those work for me. But if kids are drawn to this style, then I think it's fine.

Rarity's hair is because the Rarity toy shown on Amazon has a color changing gimmick. It's white so that it can change color to purple when you spray it with water.

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline Lilja

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 02, 2019, 08:42:45 AM »
Rarity's hair is because the Rarity toy shown on Amazon has a color changing gimmick. It's white so that it can change color to purple when you spray it with water.

Thanks for pointing that out! That could be the explanation for that then. We'll see what follows. Looking forward to see what Twilight will look like in this style. :)
« Last Edit: November 02, 2019, 08:44:45 AM by Lilja »

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #44 on: November 02, 2019, 08:47:30 AM »
Good point about G3.5 being transitional, I guess they would have been aware of Faust wanting to give them shorter snouts at that point so they made a loose inbetween design.
I hope they're gearing us up for hoof fluff and angular designs and less for human faces.

Sig by Starscout <3

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal