collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: New G4 pony toy designs  (Read 29730 times)

Offline MJNSEIFER

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Brony For All Ponies
    • View Profile
Re: New G4 pony toy designs
« Reply #255 on: November 11, 2019, 11:30:59 AM »

That said! Potion Nova really is a terrible name. It just feels like they went "okay, what to name her.. uhhhh... she has a potion on her butt, so.. Potion.... *throws a dart at a list of words* ...Nova... Potion Nova.. yeah... that'll do...".

I think this must be how Hasbro comes up with most of their pony names.

Ponyfan

Me too. But add a stiff whiskey to the mix. XD
I might actually try this method for naming ponies in my project - I have named some, but there are many unnamed ones, so it's worth a shot (I'll only use ones that look good to me though.)

Semi-Joking aside, I do tend to get ideas for pony names by finding some words that kind of go with each other (or that are already together that look like a pony name - I remember seeing a drink called "Sun Chaser" for example and thought it looked like a pony's name, though I've yet to use it.)

I also found that I could actually "create" names by combining the non-month parts of the neighboring names for the Jewel Birthday Ponies in G3 of all things - I'll admit I'm not sure about "Fantastical Joy" or "Joy Fantastic", but the others actually work as names for me.
I will confess to being a brony, but I assure you that the things you may not like about them do not apply to me, I mostly keep the fandom name due to nostaligia, but I do genuinely love MLP as a whole, not just FIM, and not just the popularity of FIM - I genuinely love the show (and all the others)

Offline Ragamuffin

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #256 on: November 12, 2019, 11:26:53 AM »
Well, if you're not a fan of the toys... maybe you'll like the art better?? Hasbro on Instagram has been teasing something, maybe a webseries?

:lmao:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline caseysealia

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: November 12, 2019, 11:35:57 AM »
I don't mind these new teasers they make me think of 2000s cartoons? But this isn't how MLP should be. G3 wasn't like this and it was on DURING the 2000s. I really think they should drop MLP until they get their act together.....
« Last Edit: November 12, 2019, 11:47:08 AM by caseysealia »

Offline CloudyGlow

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: November 12, 2019, 11:36:43 AM »
I'm scared. I don't like those ugly images. They are lazy with text just slapped on and the ponies are too cartoony and ridiculous. FiM was already pushing that cartoony stuff and did it well enough, but I think they need to step back before they fall off that cliff

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: November 12, 2019, 12:39:23 PM »
Hahahahaha oh my god, Hasbro, what are you doing?? XD

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: November 12, 2019, 12:55:21 PM »
Well, if you're not a fan of the toys... maybe you'll like the art better?? Hasbro on Instagram has been teasing something, maybe a webseries?

:lmao:

Ewww
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline otocolobus_manul

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Hope shines eternal
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: November 12, 2019, 01:27:31 PM »
I... I thought you were joking about those images.
looking for this Calico Critters/Sylvanian Families coat rack!
New sales/trade thread: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,378291.0.html
Wishlist: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,360893.msg1319821.html#msg1319821

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #262 on: November 12, 2019, 01:28:24 PM »
I like the new toys but I very much hate the art they're using on social media to promote them. It's super ugly.

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: November 12, 2019, 01:53:18 PM »
[Insert Steve Carell "NO!" meltdown here]

I think I'm done with new pony for a while.  I still enjoy G1, but wake me up after this crashes and burns and Hasbro gets back to basics with MLP.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2019, 01:54:58 PM by Al-1701 »
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: November 12, 2019, 02:44:30 PM »
[Insert Steve Carell "NO!" meltdown here]

I think I'm done with new pony for a while.  I still enjoy G1, but wake me up after this crashes and burns and Hasbro gets back to basics with MLP.

Prepare yourself for a loooong coma then Sleeping Beauty. I don't think it'll be anytime soon.   :nope:
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: November 12, 2019, 07:00:04 PM »
I got other things to hold my interest, and again there is G1.  I'm just done with the outrage at this point.  FiM squandered its potential, and what's coming afterwards seems to have no potential to start with.  I might peak in to see if what we actually get is not as bad as it looks, but if it is I'm just going to bow out.  It's just another storied brand Hasbro has mutilated for the sake of catering to modern trends.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: November 12, 2019, 07:36:40 PM »
I guess I can't say I'm surprised, because the style of these new MLP's mimics a lot of everything that is popular right now. The 'flat face' and the large head and eyes and ears look like so much of what is on the market right now and in children's programming. (Their heads look exactly like Beast Boy from Teen Titans Go...)

It's just disappointing that Hasbro is doing nothing original. Everything is just "Whatever is popular right now? Copy that." I honestly am surprised that the ponies don't come with some sort of slime or goo in a little container because that's the only other big thing in kids toys right now that isn't represented here.

Even the 'blind box' gimick that is popular in 50% of girls small toys is present. I was really confused about the giant potion bottle on the packages because it looked like there was something hidden behind it but I couldn't figure out what, until I saw the pictures on the MLP Merch site that shows there are hidden accessories. Really, Hasbro? Do we care about pony barrettes and headbands so much that we're going to buy these just to find out what accessory is 'hidden' behind the potion bottle? Is the plan to have different accessories with the same pony, but you can't see what accessory is there so you might buy multiples of the same toy to try to get all the different accessories? Ugh, I just can't.

The only positive I can say for this line is that I'm glad they kept them as brushables and didn't go with a molded hair toy. I guess the line of FiM 'action figures' that were supposed to appeal to older collectors and boys didn't go as well as Hasbro hoped, because these tried-and-true brushables are the line that Hasbro always returns to.

I think Ragamuffin is right and I'll bet we'll see a webseries with short little jokey videos to keep the brand alive until the next movie and cartoon are ready to go, and it will probably be in this style.

If that's the case, maybe we should refer to this as G5 and the upcoming movie/show that will be out in a year or so would be G6?
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #267 on: November 12, 2019, 07:43:38 PM »
The styling size Rarity is in stock on US Amazon!

https://www.amazon.com/My-Little-Pony-Hair-Styling-Accessories/dp/B07V51XG29/

I think Ragamuffin is right and I'll bet we'll see a webseries with short little jokey videos to keep the brand alive until the next movie and cartoon are ready to go, and it will probably be in this style.

If that's the case, maybe we should refer to this as G5 and the upcoming movie/show that will be out in a year or so would be G6?

Eh, I think they should still be called G4s if that's the case. They seem to be the exact same characters as before, like Twilight's still an alicorn so it's not like they reset anything about the Mane 6. It'd be one thing if it was something like the leaks from a couple years ago where the main cast looks similar and has the same names as G4's Mane 6 but the characters themselves are different, but these just straight up seem to be canonically the exact same characters, just in a new style. Like when G3 changed its look to G3.5 but the Core 7 were still the same characters.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2019, 07:46:58 PM by TheBeatlesPkmnFan42 »

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #268 on: November 12, 2019, 08:11:12 PM »
Thanks for the heads up! $20 is a bit much, ack. I'm curious what the MSRP is. 

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Wind~Whistler

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • You got a twinkle in your eyes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: November 12, 2019, 08:16:03 PM »
Thanks for the heads up! $20 is a bit much, ack. I'm curious what the MSRP is.
Considering she’s a gimmicky pony, I’m afraid that’ll be her price range  >_<
However, she’s described as a 6.5-inch pony, so she won’t be small.

EDIT: How much do y’all wanna bet she’ll show up commonly with haircuts in some time?  :P
« Last Edit: November 12, 2019, 08:19:07 PM by Wind~Whistler »
AKA Wind~Whistler on the TP 

http://www.ponylandtours.com
Thanks to Philly for my avi!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal