collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ponies that don't exist... yet  (Read 1784 times)

Offline Ragamuffin

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Ponies that don't exist... yet
« on: November 01, 2019, 09:06:15 AM »
Which ponies have, for some reason, never been made despite the obvious-ness of it? For example, there are no (officially made) pumpkin ponies! Pumpkin Tart is named that but she's not pumpkin themed, and while Autumn Crisp has a small pumpkin in her Cutie Mark, I wouldn't consider to be a pumpkin pony. I'm talking about a pony with a big detailed pumpkin symbol!

Another one? Donuts. Very popular pastry, zero ponies! A pony with a donut covered in pink frosting and cute sprinkles would make for a nice design! While I have brushables in mind, I thought maybe Joe from FiM had gotten a blind bag release at some point, but apparently not...

Lastly: Zodiac ponies. Birth stones were done okay, flowers have been done twice, we need something different for a birthday pony, and I'm surprised they never did a Zodiac line before. I think you could get creative with the symbols, names, and colours! Compare to something like "Pearl" or "Rose" which can be relatively restrictive, I think.

If they were to do jewel ponies again, I'd like them to do them in jewel tones. They'd be so pretty. :inlove: Heck, they don't have to be jewel-themed, just give me nice ponies that aren't pastels!

As for "exists but is underrepresented" ponies, I'd like more seasonal sets. G3's Winter Snow/Spring Fever/Sweet Summertime/Autumn Skye, for example.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline freezestime

• Forever and Always the Prom Queen
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Ponies that don't exist... yet
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2019, 09:23:41 AM »
Off the top of my head, maybe a create your own pony? There was that blank G3 pony but that was a con exclusive.

Also spooky ghost pony, we need more ghost ponies. Ponies that are either ghosts themselves or ghost themed.

Or spider ponies, that either have spider themes, are a play on spider man, or have spider accessories.

Or gravestone ponies.

Technology ponies

maybe region ponies? Like arid, artic, woodland, ect.

Maybe farming ponies? One for wheat, one for live stock, ect?

Hmm, maybe a shopping pony?

Or pony restorers, that each have their thing that they can restore like upholstery, toys, clothes, ect?

Maybe rain and thunderstorm pony? I know there's some in G4, maybe a blizzard pony?

Idk I'll probably think if some more.
Freezestime's Masterlist! https://bit.ly/3x1te5n
Dedicated G2 thread! https://bit.ly/3vIIJhL
Dedicated G2 V2.0 thread! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,403447.msg1880080/topicseen.html#new
Forgotten Toy lines! [urlhttps://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=395090.150[/url]

Offline kingluke

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • The Great King of Lucia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2019, 09:24:12 AM »
This is indeed a good question. I would like to see some g1 zodiacs, maybe for customs...
Or a third, super pastel wave of rainbow ponies. aOr boy unicorns and pegasi in g1-g3. Now I have to sculpt that myself XD
Lover of Windwhistler

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2019, 09:25:54 AM »
I would love a zodiac set! I guess G4's whole thing about cutie marks being part of your purpose kind of works against them having really elaborate designs, huh. I would've loved to see more holiday sets with G4.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Ragamuffin

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2019, 09:39:13 AM »
Off the top of my head, maybe a create your own pony? There was that blank G3 pony but that was a con exclusive.

Also spooky ghost pony, we need more ghost ponies. Ponies that are either ghosts themselves or ghost themed.

Or spider ponies, that either have spider themes, are a play on spider man, or have spider accessories.

Or gravestone ponies.

Technology ponies

maybe region ponies? Like arid, artic, woodland, ect.

Maybe farming ponies? One for wheat, one for live stock, ect?

Hmm, maybe a shopping pony?

Or pony restorers, that each have their thing that they can restore like upholstery, toys, clothes, ect?

Maybe rain and thunderstorm pony? I know there's some in G4, maybe a blizzard pony?

Idk I'll probably think if some more.

Regional ponies would be soooo cool, I would've never thought of that! I might need to try to design some!

More variety in bug ponies would be nice too. We get a lot of butterflies and sometimes dragonflies, but we never get beetles, moths, spiders, etc. I know technically changlings exist, but imagine what you can do with a beetle pony! For spiders, a Halloween pony is obvious, but what about something based off of one of those more aesthetically appealing ones, like pink bloom tarantulas or peacock spiders?

Offline caseysealia

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2019, 10:08:01 AM »
Now that I think of it, there was no donut ponies! Can you imagine a TAF donut horse?  :P

Circus ponies!!! I was so sad there weren't clown ponies. We had carousel ponies yes, but carousel Cutie Marks would of been nice. Ride and circus act ponies would of been cool too.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Re: Ponies that don\'t exist... yet
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2019, 10:09:59 AM »
We have technology ponies freezestime.

The Dance n Prance-DJ has a Stereo, Songster has a microphone, Swinger has headphones

Vehicle ponies-Salty, Steamer, Trucker, Daddy Berrytown, Baby Racer, Scooter Sprite

UFO ponies-Starhopper blue and green and Starswirl or Lovebeam or whichever swirl pony that is.

Ferris wheel pony-Round n Round

Post Merge: November 01, 2019, 10:12:08 AM

Now that I think of it, there was no donut ponies! Can you imagine a TAF donut horse?  :P

Circus ponies!!! I was so sad there weren't clown ponies. We had carousel ponies yes, but carousel Cutie Marks would of been nice. Ride and circus act ponies would of been cool too.

Baby Big Top and Baby Toppy have clown symbols.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2019, 10:12:08 AM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Shaiyeh

• Trade Count: (+78)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • Watch my Youtube!
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2019, 10:13:45 AM »
BLank pony could be bought online from hasbrotoyshop for a while after g3 ended iirc, but I don't know if you can anymore... but it wasn't exclusive :)
Unless you mean the pony project pony?

But what I'd like to see: monochrome that's not pink.
I agree on jewel tones!
Zodiac and space themed ponies would be awesome.
Bug ponies/spider pony would be great! Or skulls. But I don't think that one's happening :silly:

Thanks izard for my super cute ava and Starscout for my wonderful siggie!

Offline caseysealia

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2019, 10:18:04 AM »

The Dance n Prance-DJ has a Stereo, Songster has a microphone, Swinger has headphones

Vehicle ponies-Salty, Steamer, Trucker, Daddy Berrytown, Baby Racer, Scooter Sprite

UFO ponies-Starhopper blue and green and Starswirl or Lovebeam or whichever swirl pony that is.

Post Merge: November 01, 2019, 10:12:08 AM

Baby Big Top and Baby Toppy have clown symbols.
Totally forgot about them! Would of liked circus/carnivale themed-pony sets though! especially as they don't scream clowns color-wise

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2019, 12:38:14 PM »
Applejack's Brazilian name is Rosquinha, which means "donut."

Offline freezestime

• Forever and Always the Prom Queen
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2019, 02:04:15 PM »

That's true!
Freezestime's Masterlist! https://bit.ly/3x1te5n
Dedicated G2 thread! https://bit.ly/3vIIJhL
Dedicated G2 V2.0 thread! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,403447.msg1880080/topicseen.html#new
Forgotten Toy lines! [urlhttps://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=395090.150[/url]

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2019, 06:16:36 AM »
gravestone ponies

Yeah I bet parents would immediatly buy that for their kids.
"Look, McKenzie! Mommy got a special something for you. It's Corpsey Dorpsey! One of four adorable death themed ponies!" :lol:

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2019, 07:32:16 AM »
gravestone ponies

"Look, McKenzie! Mommy got a special something for you. It's Corpsey Dorpsey! One of four adorable death themed ponies!" :lol:

Why not? They bought monster high for their kids. And one Abbey Bominable looked to be giving her mammoth brain surgery.  >_<

I second the Zodiac ponies. That'd be fantastic, especially with glow in the dark stars.

Metallic ponies. We don't have any of those yet.

« Last Edit: November 02, 2019, 07:34:09 AM by Leave a Whisper »

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2019, 07:36:38 AM »
gravestone ponies

Why not? They bought monster high for their kids. And one Abbey Bominable looked to be giving her mammoth brain surgery.

But MLP isn't MH. People expect different things from MLP.
The most I could imagine when it comes to death would be a cutesy Halloween ghost or a Dia de los Muertos sugar skull.

FiM virtually couldn't even mention the word "death".

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2019, 07:47:57 AM »
gravestone ponies

Why not? They bought monster high for their kids. And one Abbey Bominable looked to be giving her mammoth brain surgery.

But MLP isn't MH. People expect different things from MLP.
The most I could imagine when it comes to death would be a cutesy Halloween ghost or a Dia de los Muertos sugar skull.

FiM virtually couldn't even mention the word "death".

A ghost, or witch pony could be cute. A sugar skull pony would be too expensive and complicated for cheap-bro. They might actually hafta put more then 2 minutes of effort into it.  :D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal