collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Scented ponies: no yellowing please!  (Read 3157 times)

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
Re: Scented ponies: no yellowing please!
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2019, 07:04:59 AM »
Yeah, the scent oil(?) has a yellowish tinge.  It's most noticeable on Moonstone and Sunlight.  (Strangely not noticeable at all on Starshine.  My scented Starshine is pure white . . . Smells great too, she's my favorite of the set.) It is a color difference, but the discoloration is a separate issue and comes in splotches rather than being uniform over the entire pony.  :)
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Cristar

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2019, 02:24:04 AM »
Yeah, the scent oil(?) has a yellowish tinge.  It's most noticeable on Moonstone and Sunlight.  (Strangely not noticeable at all on Starshine.  My scented Starshine is pure white . . . Smells great too, she's my favorite of the set.) It is a color difference, but the discoloration is a separate issue and comes in splotches rather than being uniform over the entire pony.  :)

So, you think it's useless to keep them out of the box, in contact with air...  :(  -_-

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2019, 11:21:58 AM »

So, you think it's useless to keep them out of the box, in contact with air...  :(  -_-

Depends what you're asking.  If you're asking "will my ponies inevitably change color?" then the answer is "no, it is not inevitable. It might never happen."  All my scented Rainbow ponies are fine except one.

If you're asking "will my Moonstone and Sunlight 'fade' to a color that is closer to their 80s color", then that is not going to happen.  Scented Sunlight is a slightly different color from the 80s one, it's not "an error", it's just how she is.  Same with the rest of them . . . They are slightly different than the 80s ponies, but that is okay. :)
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2019, 02:02:01 PM »
You might be able to wash the scent oil off?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline caseysealia

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2019, 05:18:25 PM »
I've always wondered if you could get rid of scents on ponies. Like if you didn't like it? Is it something you have to get inside for?

Offline Cristar

• Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2019, 06:08:11 PM »
I've always wondered if you could get rid of scents on ponies. Like if you didn't like it? Is it something you have to get inside for?

I don't think that something like this can be possible...

Depends what you're asking.  If you're asking "will my ponies inevitably change color?" then the answer is "no, it is not inevitable. It might never happen."  All my scented Rainbow ponies are fine except one.

If you're asking "will my Moonstone and Sunlight 'fade' to a color that is closer to their 80s color", then that is not going to happen.  Scented Sunlight is a slightly different color from the 80s one, it's not "an error", it's just how she is.  Same with the rest of them . . . They are slightly different than the 80s ponies, but that is okay. :)

I'm just worried about yellowing... or about yellowish stains or yellowed heads... Issues like these regard also regular ponies (the Basic Fun Blossom I bought had yellowed head and I returned her for a substitution)...

I also have a G3 Bubble Bath dispenser pony with similar issues (this one):

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Well, her head becomes easily yellowed when the pony is stored in the dark, and returns to normal (but more white than lavender) when the pony is out!  :wacko:

Overall, if scented ponies are very prone to yellowing (because of the scent oil), I just want to know if it's useful to keep them in contact with air (in order to avoid some strange chemical reactions that make the pony yellowed when it's sealed in plastic)...

« Last Edit: November 01, 2019, 06:09:58 PM by Cristar »

Offline Cristar

• Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2019, 11:46:39 AM »
So... it's happening...  -_- My Moonstone's head is yellowing ...!  :cry: It's more evident on the left side.
And my Starshine is white when I look at her from a frontal view, but I can notice a slight yellowing on her head when I tilt her.

What a cruel fate!!  :(  I just hope it won't get worse.

I hope someone can share some extra advice!  :lookround:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal