collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Satin Slipper Sweet Shoppe

have set
14 (43.8%)
want set
12 (37.5%)
new to me
1 (3.1%)
gonna think on this one
5 (15.6%)

Total Members Voted: 32

Voting closed: October 29, 2019, 09:50:07 AM

Author Topic: POTD 10/24/19 Satin Slipper Sweet Shoppe  (Read 2303 times)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Re: POTD 10/24/19 Satin Slipper Sweet Shoppe
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2019, 11:49:09 AM »
I found this set complete in box at a garage sale a couple years ago for $6 and I do like it but its not my favorite. I think the idea of the shoe is cute but when its open it doesn't really look like a shoe anymore and it just looks kind of odd lol.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

What came to mind...

:lol:
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline SpacePinto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2019, 01:05:05 PM »
I don't understand some people's problem with it being shaped like a slipper, I think it looks kind of funny. Although yeah, a pony working behind the counter seems a little weird, when I first saw it in the episode of the TV show I loved Scoops and her voice but was also surprised why she didn't live with others in Paradise Estate and was the only one to run her own business for a living (did they kick her out for snoring?)
Inka Dinka Doo

Offline Marlin

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2019, 03:20:09 PM »
This is one of the few playsets I have and I adore it.

Offline Lilja

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2019, 03:47:14 AM »
Playsets shaped like everyday objects was really a thing with G1. We got stacking blocks, a bonnet, vanity, perfume bottle, and here a shoe! I wonder if anyone thought this implied the ponies were actually really, really tiny and secretly lived in regular household objects?  :biggrin:

The name "Satin Slipper Sweet Shoppe" rolls nicely off the tongue. I think personally it might be my second favorite playset, but a lot of that probably has to do with watching the cartoon as a kid and being amazed when this never seen before pony turned up out of nowhere with her ice cream shop. Never gave much thought to it being shaped like a shoe. Sadly the shape and size of the playset means there's not a lot of room for play inside it. And of course the chairs are useless to ponies. But there were plans to release a set of human doll friends this year (and you often saw the playset advertised with Molly), so that could be the reason for that.

A bit strange that this playset was never released in Europe, but the much bigger and less original Perm Shoppe was. They could've even repurposed the playset (or at least some of the accessories) for the Tales series since an ice cream shop played a big part in that cartoon. But maybe they thought it being shaped like a shoe was just a little bit too weird.

Offline freezestime

• Forever and Always the Prom Queen
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2019, 03:58:27 AM »
I love Scoops and I love ice cream! The only thing I wouldn't want is the actual shoe, I'd love to have all the other accessories!
Freezestime's Masterlist! https://bit.ly/3x1te5n
Dedicated G2 thread! https://bit.ly/3vIIJhL
Dedicated G2 V2.0 thread! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,403447.msg1880080/topicseen.html#new
Forgotten Toy lines! [urlhttps://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=395090.150[/url]

Offline FernMariposa919

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2019, 09:33:06 PM »
I had this! I actually remember getting this from my friend for my seventh birthday. Actually, the part I remember is being at my friend's house a few days before my party and she opens up her closet and points to the box sitting on a shelf. I probably started freaking out because her mom comes into the room and tells her daughter that was supposed to be a surprise! I guess my friend was too excited and had to tell me before I could open it!

When I played with this playset, I had Fizzy, Sherbet, and Peppermint Crunch help Scoops and Megan and Molly would sit at the table (since the ponies couldn't sit in those chairs!)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal