collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Concerns with Dollyhair's owner...Racial bias?  (Read 12658 times)

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
Re: Concerns with Dollyhair's owner...Racial bias?
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2019, 08:45:12 PM »
Vampfyrefay on Tumblr made a great list of alternatives! :)

https://vampyrefay.tumblr.com/post/188510375596/alternatives-to-dollyhairs-site
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline heftysmurf76

• Big Brother Pony
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2019, 10:13:37 PM »

that was the one i was thinking of! Tumblr is so confusing to me i swear!

Offline freezestime

• Forever and Always the Prom Queen
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2019, 11:33:05 PM »

that was the one i was thinking of! Tumblr is so confusing to me i swear!

Thank you friends! Now I just gotta look for matching colours!

Edit: Oh I think that's the Australian IG/Etsy seller I was thinking of!
« Last Edit: October 24, 2019, 11:36:19 PM by freezestime »
Freezestime's Masterlist! https://bit.ly/3x1te5n
Dedicated G2 thread! https://bit.ly/3vIIJhL
Dedicated G2 V2.0 thread! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,403447.msg1880080/topicseen.html#new
Forgotten Toy lines! [urlhttps://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=395090.150[/url]

Offline Shaz

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2019, 01:11:38 AM »
I feel sort of guilty for all the times I've bought hair from her and been happy with the service. I won't be buying from her again now I know about this.

Offline serena-hime

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2019, 02:04:36 AM »
Hi guys,

Wow, I can't believe I still have an account on here! Or that I even remembered the login name lol. Some of you might know me as Dollsorwhatever on Tumblr and IG, I'm not really hugely in the MLP hobby (I just literally own like seven Fluttershy dolls lol) but I thought I would just add a little note here (as I did on Tumblr) about the alternative nylon sources-

TheDollPlanet does not sell nylon, I'm not sure why they're labeling it nylon (I think they also call it something like 'Silk nylon' lol), but it's actually (I believe) PET hair; this is the kind of fiber used on heat-resisting BJD wigs. It's not bad hair, but it looks and behaves in a completely different way than nylon and isn't as shiny or luxurious as nylon. Not looking to disparage that company but figured that since we're sharing alternatives that I'd provide some input on that one in particular because I don't want anyone to purchase from them under the impression that they're getting nylon and end up with something else.

I'm sure most of you already know that Restoredoll's 'nylon' is nasty polypropylene, and the 'premium nylon' is real nylon, but thought I'd add that as well.

Retrodolls, MLC and CustomdollhairAU do sell real nylon though, and Dolltress does as well (with the added bonus that Dolltress is run by a professional hair designer for toy companies, so she knows her stuff)

Anyway, sorry for jumping in lol. This whole situation has made me really sick and I'm just trying to make sure people know there are alternative sources and which ones are selling actual nylon hair and hopefully make it easier for people to choose not to work with such a terrible person.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2019, 02:11:40 AM by serena-hime »

Offline EnaRocketQueen

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Princess of Equestria <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2019, 02:52:18 AM »
I knew she was sometimes difficult to do business with (would "disappear" off radar when workload got too much) but this is something else.... Will NOT be buying from her

Offline heftysmurf76

• Big Brother Pony
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2019, 06:29:37 AM »

TheDollPlanet does not sell nylon, I'm not sure why they're labeling it nylon (I think they also call it something like 'Silk nylon' lol), but it's actually (I believe) PET hair; this is the kind of fiber used on heat-resisting BJD wigs. It's not bad hair, but it looks and behaves in a completely different way than nylon and isn't as shiny or luxurious as nylon. Not looking to disparage that company but figured that since we're sharing alternatives that I'd provide some input on that one in particular because I don't want anyone to purchase from them under the impression that they're getting nylon and end up with something else.

I'm sure most of you already know that Restoredoll's 'nylon' is nasty polypropylene, and the 'premium nylon' is real n
Glad you remembered your log in! Thanks for chiming in and clarifying stuff! very helpful and good to know! :D

Offline caseysealia

• Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2019, 07:41:36 AM »
I'm glad the info was helpful :)

This is so messy, sad and just......Totally disturbing. She sounds...Kinda insane to me. She made a comment on it on tumblr in case that wasn't known
a newer comment? i haven't seen hide nor hair of her in over 24 hours...
Ok so the one on tumblr is known. http://mlptp.net/index.php?threads/i-am-a-wee-bit-confused-now-about-nylon-mlp-hair.13006/#post-810790 <<<<<<<<<<<<<< This was not found by me. Guess this was out there but nothing came of it.

Offline Strawberry Swirl

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • #1 Rainbow Dash Kinnie
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2019, 09:36:37 AM »
”Can't we all work together to try to find (or create) a place like that, where we're not willing to sell our houses to non whites, where we're not willing to do business with non whites, and where we can set up a private school for our children and exclue whomever we want to exclude?"

W.O.W.  I don’t believe I’ve read something more evil in a while. How can somebody even passingly think something like this? :sad:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
WishlistChecklistSalesPonysonaCommissions

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2019, 09:37:12 AM »
There are also a bunch of doll hair sellers on Aliexpress but I don't know what material their hair is made of.  The language barrier makes things a little tricky because conversations go like:

Me:  Hi there!  What's your doll hair made of?

Them:  Yes we have great hair for dolls!  High quality and heat resistant!

Me:  Great!  What's it made of?

Them:  Doll hair! :D

That said the hair is pretty inexpensive there so if you see a color you like it might be worth it to order one hank to see what it is?
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline AnnaPommes

• glow-in-the-dark pony
  • Trade Count: (+62)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Pommes cute things
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2019, 12:32:59 PM »
There are also a bunch of doll hair sellers on Aliexpress but I don't know what material their hair is made of.  The language barrier makes things a little tricky because conversations go like:

Me:  Hi there!  What's your doll hair made of?

Them:  Yes we have great hair for dolls!  High quality and heat resistant!

Me:  Great!  What's it made of?

Them:  Doll hair! :D

That said the hair is pretty inexpensive there so if you see a color you like it might be worth it to order one hank to see what it is?

it is not nylon but a stiffer fiber as in dolly wigs! you can style them with heat, but only with heat and it is not as soft as nylon. try it! you can boilperm it nicely, i use it for my sea-takaras! :D
~ Visit the Pommes-shop ~
www.etsy.com/shop/AnnagretStudio With usefull artprints, cute decor, stationery and crafting kits!
Or linktree with more fancy things!
wonderfull avatar by the lovely Shaiyeh!

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2019, 12:34:02 PM »
This whole thread is sad, disturbing and concerning in so many ways.

I also find it difficult to see how the excuses stick, since LM has nicely pared them down.

The world is such a mess.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline kingluke

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • The Great King of Lucia
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2019, 07:56:33 AM »
I just found all of this out today. man.
I can't believe i did business with her.
Not only is she a friggin neonazi, she is also a transphobe!
As a transguy she has lost my respect and business forever.

Now to find out where else to get haircolours...

Lover of Windwhistler

Offline Lilja

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2019, 08:02:11 AM »
I've been buying hair, paint, brushes etc. from Dollyhair for years. I've been really pleased with the products. It felt good that I could always come back for more if I ran out of anything, and know what I was getting. Furthermore the site was just fun to browse even if I wasn't buying anything, and the MLP hair matching guide was so helpful (even if I knew they weren't 100% accurate).

I had heard that some people had trouble with their orders from there, but I always got my packages fine and never made any big expensive orders, so I was never bothered about it. But if I had known then what I know now about the person who runs the site I never would've ordered from there. I'm really thankful to the people that've been passing this information along. I wish I'd heard of it sooner so I wouldn't have developed an affinity for the site, and not have to feel so sad right now that I won't be able to buy from there anymore. Fortunately, finding a new source for doll hair and paint is a small price to pay to avoid giving my money to a white supremacist.

I guess it's possible Tina has turned around and learned the error of her ways since the posts were made, and it'd be nice if that was the case. But she really needs to do something dramatic and clearly show that she doesn't hold these values anymore before I'd ever be comfortable with the thought of doing business with her again.

Offline ThePoneZone

• Captain Jack Pony
  • Boop the Ice Crystal! :3
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2019, 09:20:36 AM »
I had been debating buying some hair from her to re-tail some of my ponies with, but I put it off because I've heard how some people have had difficulties with her. As a trans man, I absolutely refuse to do business with people like her. I'll take my money elsewhere.

Absolutely disgusted...
I don't get to buy ponies often, but I cherish them when I do :lovey:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal