collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Concerns with Dollyhair's owner...Racial bias?  (Read 12703 times)

Offline heftysmurf76

• Big Brother Pony
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
Concerns with Dollyhair's owner...Racial bias?
« on: October 23, 2019, 07:43:08 PM »
I'm surprised I haven't seen anything recent about this on here, but it's being discussed in several groups on FB and on instagram that some evidence has been brought to light regarding Tina, the owner of DollyHair possibly having ties to some white supremacy groups. I thought it was important to make the pony community here aware...

The link with the best/most information on this is the Bad B/S/T/ group and Robin Black's personal page.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/284497518615731/permalink/948276658904477/

"...this information spread very quickly once it resurfaced (I was not aware of it until today but there is information from a few years ago mentioning it). You are most definitely free to make your own decisions on this matter. No one is going to force you to believe something. This was posted here to make you aware that this is out there. You can read all of the comments that were posted on the OP. Tina has also responded in the OP as well."
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

"EDIT 4:30PM CST:
Some people have accused me of witch hunting, which is not my intention. My intention is sharing information, and the screenshots below (save for the last one from my own email) are visible for public viewing with a simple google search. As soon as I learned her facebook name, I tagged Tina and asked for her input on this, which she has responded to in the comments below. If you are unable to see that, the short version is that Tina states she has been aware of these posts in her name for years now but says she was not the one who posted them. She states it could have been her ex-husband or a competitor intent on slandering her. I personally am skeptical of this defense but as far as I know there is no way to prove, one way or another, which side is true. Someone has suggested setting up a donation button on her site for an anti-hate organization or group and she seems pretty receptive to that idea.

Original post 8:30AM CST:

Public post - feel free to share.

MLP/MH/Barbie and other doll collectors & customisers, you need to hear this.

It's going around Tumblr that Tina, owner of dollyhair, is a white supremacist. Back in 2007 she was posting on the nazi forum Stormfront, created by the KKK Grand Wizard. She was advocating for a whites only community and refusing to sell property or do business with non-whites. Those 2 screenshots are from the Tumblr post.

Before sharing this info, I wanted to be ABSOLUTELY sure that the email ties back to Tina, so I did a little research myself, and found that she used that email both in response to a negative review in 2012 as well as on her own business website. Furthermore I searched my own email and came up with old dollyhair purchase confirmations.

It is definitely her. Dollyhair supports segregation and illegal racial discrimination. Is this somebody you want to do business with?"

Offline AnnaPommes

• glow-in-the-dark pony
  • Trade Count: (+62)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Pommes cute things
Re: Concerns with Dollyhair's owner...Racial bias?
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2019, 11:22:52 PM »
I personally am skeptical of this defense but as far as I know there is no way to prove, one way or another, which side is true.

i think this sums it up pretty well.

this is a highly sad story and i am shocked by who made the post on the naziforum to come up with this nonsense. (whoever wrote this, tina or her husband or somebody else)

i hope that more things come up to maybe reveal the truth, but i guess that is not a thing an internet community can do?

if she really did not wrote this, i hope she has legal ways to find out who did and that whoever wrote this has to see the consequences.
~ Visit the Pommes-shop ~
www.etsy.com/shop/AnnagretStudio With usefull artprints, cute decor, stationery and crafting kits!
Or linktree with more fancy things!
wonderfull avatar by the lovely Shaiyeh!

Offline Minty_Magic

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2019, 12:33:38 AM »
I saw this earlier this year when I was just starting customization and trying to figure out where to buy doll hair from. I saw her defense at the time, but I was skeptical as well. It seems like a really subtle, weird way to try and slander someone, but who knows.

If I’m being honest though this was only a small part in me deciding to not do business with Dollyhair. From some old threads here and some other reviews I’ve read it seems like the owners customer service skills are really hit and miss. Her responses in the threads always seemed overly defensive (and frankly sounded A LOT like her defense with this scandal) and not very apologetic to the customer who were left waiting for hair. Overall I just wasn’t impressed.

Obviously I haven’t been doing customs for long at all and don’t have any strong ties to her shop like some customers do. I know Dollyhair is well respected in the community, and allegedly has the best quality hair, but I’d rather support a shop that seems to care about their customers. I’ve bought from both Retrodolls and Dollplanet and they were awesome to work with, and I thought the hair quality was pretty good! :)

Thank you to Squarepeg for my avatar!

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2019, 10:27:45 AM »
Here's the reason "it was my ex husband or a competitor" doesn't make sense to me.

Ex-husband excuse:

1.  The posts don't use her real name.  If you were trying to smear someone in real life, you would use their real name and really specific details about their life, details that only DollyHair (and people close to her in real life--like ex-husband) would know.  You wouldn't count on real life people knowing her email.

2.  The account was made in 2005 . . . but the two posts we have screenshots from are from 2007.  So the husband made the account and then waited two years to start a smear campaign?  Doesn't make sense.

3.  She said she was going through a bitter custody battle, but the posts talk about "my FUTURE children".  So either she & hubby did not have kids at the time, or this was a misrepresentation.  If they didn't have kids: how could these posts be used in custody battle?  Did the husband just have a really good crystal ball?

4.  She says she went through a bitter divorce, and probably she did.   But not until 2012 (according to her).  And the posts are from 2007. So again . . . husband with crystal ball?

Moving on. The "it was a bitter competitor" excuse:

1.  Racist posts made in 2007.  But aren't found and screenshotted by the doll hair buying community until 2015 . . . eight years later.  Wow!  That hypothetical competitor has a real problem with procrastination!

2.   Just as the screenshots are being made public . . . the owner of the racist account changes its settings to make the profile not viewable.  That doesn't make sense if it was someone else, out to tarnish her name.

DH has always had a lot of customer service problem--not sending hair, sending the wrong hair, not sending refunds, not answering emails for months at a time, and at one point consistently shorting people on hair.  And somehow someone else is always to blame . . . her assistant, her ex-husband, the postal service, or the customers themselves. 

I guess what I'm saying is, I was very shocked when I came across those screenshots.  But at the same time . . . it does fit a pattern.  Of blaming other people for life's problems.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2019, 11:35:55 AM by LadyMoondancer »
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2019, 11:11:48 AM »
Thanks for posting this.

I'm actually not surprised. It was around the same time she left very transphobic comments on an old MLPTP thread, she intentionally misgendered someone even after being politely told not to. She used the same excuse then, that it was someone else and oh the comments were so old anyway why care. Blaming someone else is her go-to excuse.

I haven't done business with her in years and we've had it out on the forums before (she blamed her sister that time). She's also wrong in that you can ONLY get nice nylon matching hair from her site. Totally false. RetroDolls US has exact matching colors and is a lovely quality. There is really no reason to keep buying hair from her.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2019, 12:09:06 PM »
I'm actually not surprised. It was around the same time she left very transphobic comments on an old MLPTP thread, she intentionally misgendered someone even after being politely told not to. She used the same excuse then, that it was someone else and oh the comments were so old anyway why care. Blaming someone else is her go-to excuse.
Oh jeez, really? I had no clue, ugh, that's so gross.
If her defense was an apology rather than to blame I would be able to believe her (well, depending on what the apology was), but since she's done no such thing I can't say I'll be ordering from her again.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2019, 02:08:32 PM »
Thanks for posting this.

I haven't done business with her in years and we've had it out on the forums before (she blamed her sister that time). She's also wrong in that you can ONLY get nice nylon matching hair from her site. Totally false. RetroDolls US has exact matching colors and is a lovely quality. There is really no reason to keep buying hair from her.

Oof yikes! Yeah, she sounds like an overall nasty person. In addition to what LadyMoondancer said regarding the excuses, the defense she tried making on the review site the screenshots were posted on also refer to the site as an "Aryan Unity" forum, which as LadyMoondancer did mention on her blog, sounds like what a white supremacist would call themselves to make it sound "nicer". Definitely don't believe her defense when she uses that term in her defense post rather than "white supremacist" or "neo-Nazi".

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline Strawberry Swirl

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • #1 Rainbow Dash Kinnie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2019, 02:31:16 PM »
Very very sad to learn this information. I know I'm not the only one who was a loyal customer to this person for a long while, so I imagine others are feeling the betrayal I am. I'm so grateful that this information has been given light. People deserve to know something like this. Thank you.

I'm actually not surprised. It was around the same time she left very transphobic comments on an old MLPTP thread, she intentionally misgendered someone even after being politely told not to.

This, too, as somebody who is trans IRL and has many trans loved ones as well. How unfortunate.
WishlistChecklistSalesPonysonaCommissions

Offline caseysealia

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Concerns with Dollyhair\'s owner...Racial bias?
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2019, 03:03:46 PM »
Thanks for posting this.

Which thread was this? How long ago? Yikes just own up to it man. I suppose if she doesn't care why would she.  :mad: :(

Post Merge: October 24, 2019, 03:08:22 PM

Here's the reason "it was my ex husband or a competitor" doesn't make sense to me.

Ex-husband excuse:

1.  The posts don't use her real name.  If you were trying to smear someone in real life, you would use their real name and really specific details about their life, details that only DollyHair (and people close to her in real life--like ex-husband) would know.  You wouldn't count on real life people knowing her email.

2.  The account was made in 2005 . . . but the two posts we have screenshots from are from 2007.  So the husband made the account and then waited two years to start a smear campaign?  Doesn't make sense.

3.  She said she was going through a bitter custody battle, but the posts talk about "my FUTURE children".  So either she & hubby did not have kids at the time, or this was a misrepresentation.  If they didn't have kids: how could these posts be used in custody battle?  Did the husband just have a really good crystal ball?

4.  She says she went through a bitter divorce, and probably she did.   But not until 2012 (according to her).  And the posts are from 2007. So again . . . husband with crystal ball?

Moving on. The "it was a bitter competitor" excuse:

1.  Racist posts made in 2007.  But aren't found and screenshotted by the doll hair buying community until 2015 . . . eight years later.  Wow!  That hypothetical competitor has a real problem with procrastination!

2.   Just as the screenshots are being made public . . . the owner of the racist account changes its settings to make the profile not viewable.  That doesn't make sense if it was someone else, out to tarnish her name.

DH has always had a lot of customer service problem--not sending hair, sending the wrong hair, not sending refunds, not answering emails for months at a time, and at one point consistently shorting people on hair.  And somehow someone else is always to blame . . . her assistant, her ex-husband, the postal service, or the customers themselves. 

I guess what I'm saying is, I was very shocked when I came across those screenshots.  But at the same time . . . it does fit a pattern.  Of blaming other people for life's problems.
Oh wow so they hid the profile as well? This is the first I've heard of that. Was that the first time this got leaked or this recent time?
This is so messy, sad and just......Totally disturbing. She sounds...Kinda insane to me. She made a comment on it on tumblr in case that wasn't known
« Last Edit: October 24, 2019, 03:29:25 PM by caseysealia »

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2019, 03:22:38 PM »
This all very disturbing.  I hate that people who think like that exist.   -_-

I don't buy doll hair to begin with... but wow.  Just wow.  I might believe that the company was using just one email account and someone with access thought that this was somehow alright. But that wasn't her defense so... don't know what to think.  This is depressing.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2019, 03:27:02 PM by brightberry »
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2019, 03:23:10 PM »
Which thread was this? How long ago?

It was a post on the old MLPTP forum which as far as I know was never archived. It had come up in a thread on the Arena too but unfortunately those archives aren't available either right now (I get a password input prompt when I click on the link).

The original post was from around the same time, 2006-7.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline caseysealia

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2019, 03:28:20 PM »
Which thread was this? How long ago?

It was a post on the old MLPTP forum which as far as I know was never archived. It had come up in a thread on the Arena too but unfortunately those archives aren't available either right now (I get a password input prompt when I click on the link).

The original post was from around the same time, 2006-7.
I'm quite curious about it so that's disappointing.  Apparently this was also addressed in a thread on the MLPTP back in 2015, but nothing came of that
« Last Edit: October 24, 2019, 03:31:39 PM by caseysealia »

Offline heftysmurf76

• Big Brother Pony
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2019, 07:41:14 PM »
I'm glad the info was helpful :)

This is so messy, sad and just......Totally disturbing. She sounds...Kinda insane to me. She made a comment on it on tumblr in case that wasn't known
a newer comment? i haven't seen hide nor hair of her in over 24 hours...

Offline freezestime

• Forever and Always the Prom Queen
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2019, 08:11:43 PM »
Oh jesus, I was planning on buying from them this Christmas! Glad I know now, anybody else got alternative sites? I know of an aus IG seller that deals in hair, I know there's more hair sellers but I can't lay my finger on their names.
Freezestime's Masterlist! https://bit.ly/3x1te5n
Dedicated G2 thread! https://bit.ly/3vIIJhL
Dedicated G2 V2.0 thread! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,403447.msg1880080/topicseen.html#new
Forgotten Toy lines! [urlhttps://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=395090.150[/url]

Offline heftysmurf76

• Big Brother Pony
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2019, 08:19:30 PM »
Oh jesus, I was planning on buying from them this Christmas! Glad I know now, anybody else got alternative sites? I know of an aus IG seller that deals in hair, I know there's more hair sellers but I can't lay my finger on their names.
Retro dolls us, is one, there's a page with links to alternatives let me see if I can get it for you

EDIT; Well I can't find the one I thought was up to date (most of the sites still endorse dollyhair) but anotehr one is http://stores.restoredoll.com/ and Doll Planet is one I know of as well :)
« Last Edit: October 24, 2019, 08:31:13 PM by heftysmurf76 »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal