collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Can someone explain this to me? *eBay*  (Read 2169 times)

Offline Squirtsquirt

• Trade Count: (+235)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Can someone explain this to me? *eBay*
« on: October 22, 2019, 07:31:29 PM »
Why do we have the option of marking "no returns" if we basically HAVE to accept returns?

I was selling a bunch of my daughter's stuff she didn't want anymore, and I'm not an expert on things.  I said that in the listing with PLEASE ASK ALL QUESTIONS BEFORE BIDDING.  I didn't want to have to deal with returns because someone assumed something and realized the issue when they got the item.

Well, apparently something was the Chinese knock off, but I have no idea how to tell.  I posted a couple pictures to give people a good visual, but seriously...if you  know what you are looking for, why wouldn't you ask the questions before buying???

I followed the instructions on eBay for accepting a refund, but I really don't know what to do next.  I have to pay for return shipping AND refund their shipping, apparently!  Thanks, screw the seller because you didn't ask the right questions!  I think I did everything right, but who knows?  It never asked me to pay for the label, so no idea what's going on.

Sorry, but I needed to vent a little.  I guess I just assume people should know by now to ask what they need to know before bidding.  This item was listed 3 times, so it's not like it was a hot commodity with no time for questions...I'm just annoyed and frustrated that I take the time to say AS IS and NO REFUNDS, only to have to go through this headache....

*sighs*
Thanks to Whippetluv for my awsome persona pony!!

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
Re: Can someone explain this to me? *eBay*
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2019, 05:43:54 AM »
Unfortunately eBay has a lot of rules that don't make any sense. Like why can't a seller leave negative feedback for a buyer if the buyer bids and doesn't pay? And why is the process so long for a non-paying bidder case?

But I think after you accept the refund eBay sends the buyer a label to ship the item back. But I think by marking no returns is best because some eBayers don't know there is an option to return items despite the fact you mark your auctions no returns. EBay probably got so much grief for not making sellers return defective items that they made all sellers accept returns. Unfortunately, with eBay, you never know what kind of people are going to buy your items. They might be very picky and others might not. All you can do is take lots of pictures and try to describe your item as best as you can and package it well.

Offline cloud_weaver

• Trade Count: (+126)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Re: Can someone explain this to me? *eBay*
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2019, 10:10:02 AM »
So sorry this happened to you.  Yes, I had a similar experience happen to me recently.  I have stopped selling on eBay because of it. :(
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you LunaCat for my Kirin Cloud Weaver!
Cloudie’s Wish List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396949
Cloudie’s TRADE List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396962

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal