collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: FiM Finale: The Ending of the End/The Last Problem  (Read 14341 times)

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: FiM Finale: The Ending of the End/The Last Problem
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2019, 02:36:52 PM »
I got the impression that all 3 CMC grew up to teach at the School which makes sense to me.  And this is in the future so I’d imagine they have all gotten more training and experience.

Here is what has me wondering (and at the risk of sounding like one of those people who reads too much into stuff):  what was with that little tiny moment between Sunburst and Silver Stream when he takes her hand to help her land?   Am I crazy to read anything into that?

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2019, 03:00:34 PM »
Weird Al made a little post about the finale on his Instagram, gave me a chuckle. :lol:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B3km0pbFOLd/
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2019, 03:13:55 PM »
I love how they just blew up Gummy rather than make him look like a more mature alligator.  I wonder if he finally grew teeth.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2019, 04:04:36 PM »
Spoiler
Overall I enjoyed the episodes. It was nice seeing Tempest and Capper for a few moments even if they didn't speak. I had no idea that Grogar was really Discord. I'm not a big fan of Discord so it was disappointing to me that is who Grogar really was.

Chrysalis had the perfect opportunity to go after Thorax yet she still focuses all her rage on Starlight Glimmer only even though Thorax was just as much a part of defeating her Starlight Glimmer was. 

I'm okay with Cozy, Chrysalis and Tirek being turned to stone. I don't think any of the three of them would have stopped trying to take over Equestria. 

It was nice seeing the Pillars, the Mane 6 and the Young Six coming together to activate the Elements of Harmony. I always wondered what would happen if they were all needed at the same time

I liked seeing Twilight's ruling princess form and seeing some of the baby/younger characters grown up at the very end. That being said I could see that Twilight was going to send Luster Dawn to Ponyville from the beginning and it was very obvious that the show was trying to complete the circle by giving us another pony just like Twilight that needs to know the importance of friendship.

Where is Queen Novo's cameo? I missed it.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline TJgamer

• Colorswirl Pony
  • An open-minded adventurer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2019, 09:30:43 PM »
Spoiler

Here.
Spoiler

Also, I didn't notice this on my first viewing.
Spoiler

They went all out with the G1 callbacks this side of the show.
They: You're too old to watch that show!
Me: Can't hear ya, I'm asleep.

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2019, 11:39:17 PM »
Spoiler

Here.
Spoiler

Maybe I’m just being picky, and it might have been difficult to translate the movie models to better fit with the shows look. But do skystars eyes look...off to you? Or her forehead is too big?
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2019, 12:44:59 PM »
In a perfect world Discord would have pissed off after S2 :cool:

He's been the worst and remained so until the end (that lunch for Flutters was probably filled with a "ha ha" note because he is soooooo chaotic). Imagine what a cool season this would have been if Grogar would have been the real deal and instead of filler eps we would have seen the Terrible Trio band together against him.

But no, they pulled Discord Ex Machina to have a shyamalanian twist and wrap up the season in lightning speed.

Am I bitter? :lol: YES!

Post Merge: October 14, 2019, 01:00:02 PM

The recent leak shows that they wanted Discoshy to kiss and some sort of hint that Appledash had become a couple.

Gross. An old, dangerous man and the young woman who beauty-and-the-beasted him as a romantic couple and two friends who constantly bickered and had nothing in common except for being both stubborn as a couple. Good it wasn't done the way they wanted it to go.
The fandom deciding on which characters should become a romantic couple is one of the dumbest results of social media. Just yell death threats on twitter and see your ship forced together confirmed  :lookround:
« Last Edit: October 14, 2019, 01:01:31 PM by Zapper »

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2019, 01:36:48 PM »

Post Merge: October 14, 2019, 01:00:02 PM

The recent leak shows that they wanted Discoshy to kiss and some sort of hint that Appledash had become a couple.

Gross. An old, dangerous man and the young woman who beauty-and-the-beasted him as a romantic couple and two friends who constantly bickered and had nothing in common except for being both stubborn as a couple. Good it wasn't done the way they wanted it to go.
The fandom deciding on which characters should become a romantic couple is one of the dumbest results of social media. Just yell death threats on twitter and see your ship forced together confirmed  :lookround:
Taking this opportunity to let out my shipper rage over them tackling this subject at all. Poorly worded as usual.
Spoiler
It was a bit out of nowhere for all of these things just because MLP isn't a very romantic show? Sure, you have the Big Mac/Sugarbelle thing but that feels different in a way. We knew maybe OF Sugar Belle, but she seems like she was mostly brought in to be in the pairing. Which, sure, whatever, but there isn't too much obvious shipping between the main/side characters aside from that. To hint at/confirm romantic relationships like they did felt...odd. They could have very easily just shown Pinkie Pie come in without a kid. They didn't hint at anything with the last Cheese Sandwich episode. I know it's 20 years in the future but we didn't see an INKLING of a crush, so it does feel very out of nowhere!
I like that they kept the Appledash and Discoshy ambiguous. I like one of those ships and was happy, and I can deal with the other one just because there wasn't anything EXPLICITLY stated. Sure, we all drew our own conclusions in favor of Discoshy but looking at it again, there wasn't any romance there. I can deal with that. They should've left Pinkie's status more ambiguous.
Silver lining: Sparity was killed and rubbed in the dirt and I hate that ship so much. Rarity is an adult. Spike is a kid. It should've been dropped in the fandom from the word go and it wasn't. Good on them for avoiding that.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Shadowperla

• Secret Surprise Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2019, 02:51:58 PM »
My exact thinking :( I hate how it became.

And season 10 would be in comics - wonder if they will provide some backing for final pairs?

Offline Sunset

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2019, 03:31:05 PM »
I am not in favor of either Discoshy or Appledash (or any of the mane 6 paired together).  But am I the only one who is perfectly ok with Pinkie and Cheese?  Not that I shipped it.  I didn’t really ship anyone in the show.  But I don’t have any problems with Pinkie ending up with Cheese even if there where no hints. 

And I think it’s believable that we would see at least one of the mane 6 as a parent.  That might have even been the discussion behind the scenes. Who can we absolutely confirm as being in a romantic relationship and with a kid while causing the least amount of fandom explosion (either for or against).

Offline Ragamuffin

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2019, 05:25:37 PM »
My exact thinking :( I hate how it became.

And season 10 would be in comics - wonder if they will provide some backing for final pairs?

I'd like to see something about Flurry in Season 10! ...Or maybe a Celestia and Luna origin story? Please?

And I think it’s believable that we would see at least one of the mane 6 as a parent.  That might have even been the discussion behind the scenes. Who can we absolutely confirm as being in a romantic relationship and with a kid while causing the least amount of fandom explosion (either for or against).

Applejack's profile on the official MLP site said something along the lines of her wanting to start her own family someday but I wouldn't treat that as 100% canon. :P

Offline Sunset

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2019, 05:44:32 PM »

Applejack's profile on the official MLP site said something along the lines of her wanting to start her own family someday but I wouldn't treat that as 100% canon. :P

And that makes total sense with what we know about her personality and values.   I guess the nice thing about being vague in the finale is that people can read it how they want to.  After all, just because certain ponies weren’t shown as having a significant other or children doesn’t mean they don’t have them.

Edit*. Rewatching and I remembered something I forgot to mention.  At the beginning of the last episode when Luster Dawn comes in and Twilight is like “I’m just your teacher, don’t treat me special”.... as your voice echoes from sitting in this super elevated throne so that you are two body lengths above everyone else.  It just makes me roll my eyes and laugh.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2019, 07:10:21 PM by Sunset »

Offline SunbeamV

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2019, 07:11:42 PM »
shipping as a culture is absolutely ridiculous and out of hand (it's always struck me as super weird that i'll enter a fandom and the first thing people ask is about ships, which, to me, kinda reads like "nice to meet you! what are your nsfw material consumption habits?") but I do like that appledash happened. I think aside from everyone's ship preferences or opinion on their chemistry, it's important to take a step back and realize how important this is to lgbt+ kids to see major characters in same gender relationships, and not just split second background cameos. I was only 14 when this show started and very much just realizing that i wasn't straight (or cisgender, for that matter) so the closure of seeing the rainbow pony actually represent people like me in a meaningful way is incredibly valuable to my community. like I totally get if people want to voice criticism of the storytelling, but I also urge people to be mindful of how ripping on appledash super hard because you didn't personally like the ship, comes across as super aggressive towards lgbt+ people that are scavenging for scraps when it comes to representation and to stop being seen as inherently inappropriate for children.

Offline lonewolf

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Lyra the dance master
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart account
« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2019, 05:09:44 AM »
Someone finally used Starlight's walk from the episode to make this:

https://www.deviantart.com/estories/art/EQD-Event-Unflinching-Starlight-Glimmer-Walk-816818872

It's officially my top favorite Glimmy moment.

I'm the D to the E to the --- and no filly's got the moves like my big wall eyes. I'm De---licious.
Listen to this song while watching my sig: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTi11bFNdMs :P

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2019, 11:52:35 AM »
I am not in favor of either Discoshy or Appledash (or any of the mane 6 paired together).  But am I the only one who is perfectly ok with Pinkie and Cheese?  Not that I shipped it.  I didn’t really ship anyone in the show.  But I don’t have any problems with Pinkie ending up with Cheese even if there where no hints. 

I don't have any issues with Appledash or even Pinkie/Cheese. They were shown as friends and sometimes friendship turns into love.
But like Tealeaf pointed out, there was just zero hints at it. Unless you are a shipper who reaches for the stars to find proof. For instance, two characters smiling at each other in a completely unromantic context. That's not what a real hint is like.

The Pinkie/Cheese thing is just questionable to me because they knew the fandom shipped it and decided to make it happen out of the blue. All while having that new Pinkie/Cheese episode in S9 where nothing romantic happens between them.
Pinkie/Cheese is like Asami and Korra holding hands at the end of LoK. Except they are a hetero couple so we don't get chaste and ambiguous. We get that additional confirmation that they did what horses do to have a foal that 100% looks like a combo of the two :lol:

AJ really could have been the one with a big family. What about adoption? They could have given her a line like "watching all the sweeties I took in over the years is like trying to watch a bag of fleas but I wouldn't have it any other way". She was always an overprotective sister to Applebloom and seeing her brother have a single child and AJ is relegated to Cool Aunt who shares the farm with him was just rude to her (excuse me being a little overdramatic) :P

And fandom wanted her to end up with Rainbow whom she always had rivalries with. I am happy it wasn't confirmed because that would have been even more out of the blue.
Same-sex relationships in kids media should be treated like any other relationships. They should happen organically to tell a story and not thrown in last second to show off how ~progressive your show is *cough* aforementioned Legend of Korra *cough*

Neither Rainbow nor AJ have been acting lovey dovey around each other. Same goes for PinkieCheese, so that ship becoming canon is just as annoying to me, even tho I have nothing against shipping per se. I ship AJ/Rarity. But I am not pretending AJ/Rarity would have made sense, either. It would have been just as forces.

Now in EqG RariJack is very much hinted at and would make sense by the end of the show. Rarity is a closeted bi girl pining for AJ made painfully obvious by that male Applejack she had a crush on in the boat special :lol:
In FiM Rarity was not into AJ that way. So I would have never expected any of that.

I am just happy we didn't get all these popular pairings confirmed. PinkieCheese, Starburst and LyraBon were enough of a bone to throw the shipper fandom.

But I admit, the little devil on my shoulder would have liked to see the pony version of Flash Sentry winking at Twilight. Just to make people mad :lol:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal