collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: MOC That Don't Exist?  (Read 2844 times)

Offline Perikoala

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
Re: MOC That Don't Exist?
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2019, 12:08:59 PM »

With the Flutterbye set thingy, in the Spanish/NC releases (Spanish/French cards) there are both the set with Moonstone instead of Starflower and then the ones with...no Flutterbye, but Starflower and I think maybe it's Parasol as the extra? I'd have to check my files.
Not sure about the French cards if the set were the same as Spain. The Rainbow ponies sold first in Spain were Trickles, Tickle, Confetti, Pinwheel, Starflower and Parasol. 2 years later the set was again sold but with Moonstone instead of Starflower and Blutterbye instead of Tickle. The funny thing is that the commercial aired here was abour the 1st wave, so only 2 of them were really available  :lol:

There are quite some Spanish ponies or in Spanish box I don't have record a MOC/MOB has appeared yet. But there is an entire set/collection never seen a single one yet: the Windy Wings Ponies. Pretty sure the boxes are the same as UK. Ponies like the Birthday one and Princess Sparkle are a mystery too.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2019, 12:11:33 PM by Perikoala »

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2019, 01:02:55 PM »
I have Molinillo from the first Spanish set and Rocio from the second. This whole discussion is complicated and looking back at my previous post I think I made it more so, so I thought this time I'll do it with pictures xD.

Molinillo's card has Starflower, Parasol, Confetti, Pinwheel, Trickles and Tickle on it.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I know that one was also used for the Italian rainbows, I have a 2nd release Italian parasol semi on card with that same card art somewhere in my boxes.

Rocio's card has Tickle, Flutterbye, Moonstone, Confetti, Pinwheel, Trickles

And is the same as the French cards (I am pretty sure, NC ponies) and also the English language rainbow cards Leikin and I were mentioning above.

So what I am not sure of is if there ever existed an English language version of the first one, as so few examples of the second survive it's not easy to know one way or another.

Also 1986 was a bit crazy.

For the record the two cards above are dated 1986 and 1988 I believe.

The second set definitely had both Flutterbye and Tickle, but lost Starflower...Moonstone instead of Parasol.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
Re: MOC That Don\'t Exist?
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2019, 08:41:39 AM »
I’ve had a look in my archives and I cannot find pictures of the ponies people have mentioned :(

And what do you know Taffeta, it’s “that” year!!!

Love pkw xxx

Post Merge: October 10, 2019, 08:47:22 AM

Agree on the fairy tale carded ponies. I think I have seen Skyflier, Snowflake, Firefly, and yellow Moondancer carded, not the others

Also the pony friends card are rare. I have seen Posey and Cupcake, maybe Cherries Jubilee, but not  the others.

For the vertical carded 2nd set rainbows, I have seen Fluterbye, Confetti and Pinwheel. Funny thing, Moonstone where included in this set, instead of Starflower. I guess, one blue unicorn against another :P

How about the first set of rainbows on verrtical card. Have we seen all of them? I think I haven seen Skydancer?

I've also never seen the silver star Milky Way on the UK card (but she existed because I had her as a kid.)
I have a pic of UK carded silver star Milky way. I just dont know how to attach it without uplouading it anywhere

I think this might be helpful?

http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,371938.0.html

And this

http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,290686.msg112129.html#msg112129

Love pkw xxx
« Last Edit: October 10, 2019, 08:47:22 AM by pinkkittywinks »
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline BubbleTea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • Must Collect Horses
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2019, 08:56:04 PM »
Does anybody know if there are any MIP mexican collector's pose ponies?
Sigs by SquarePeg and starrynights
:nerdy: :nerdy: :nerdy:

Offline Spectrum

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • no bass in the jazz room
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2019, 04:56:58 AM »
All of the US line (excluding freak variants) has been documented MOC, I believe.

As far as nirvanas go, we still haven’t haven’t seen any from South Africa, India, or Columbia, have we? I know the backcards for the South African ponies do exist, so they existed MOC at some point, but I’m pretty sure we’re still in the dark on the other two.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2019, 05:04:36 AM »
All of the US line (excluding freak variants) has been documented MOC, I believe.

As far as nirvanas go, we still haven’t haven’t seen any from South Africa, India, or Columbia, have we? I know the backcards for the South African ponies do exist, so they existed MOC at some point, but I’m pretty sure we’re still in the dark on the other two.

I can't think of a MIP pony from the US that hasn't come up MOC at least once. Most of them more than once. US MOCs are considerably more common than other places because of the size of the market, though, so it makes sense that way. Some obv. survive MOC more than others. I'm eternally grateful to how common TAF ponies are MOC on the US card, because for that reason I got my UK carded Strawberry Fair/Sugarberry (which is much harder to find!) for a snip. A lot of people only care about the pony not which card they are on. But although the TAF US first set are so common MOC, I am not sure how many of the UK equivalents survive. I've seen some in French and German, but (aside the Milky Way Leikin mentioned and the white star one which I have seen on UK card), I think I've only seen Strawberry Fair/Sugarberry, and Up Up & Away on the English language version of the European card.

The Spanish TAFs have the same artwork in Spanish and I have Lollipop/Sweet Tooth on German card in that style, but I don't remember seeing her ever in English, or Dancing Butterflies, or Love Melody...

Though I didn't double check the loan images on my page before making this post.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal